Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Help Wanted: Wordpress Issues - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Wanted: Wordpress Issues (683 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) / Please Help With Wordpress Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Wanted: Wordpress Issues by yulad(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hey Webmasters,

I made a stupid mistake by deleting a wordpress installation from the cpanel, instead of doing that from Fantastico. Unfortunately for me, I also deleted the script that would have enabled me do a complete uninstallation. Thus, I can't install wordpress in my root directory as it keeps telling me I already have scripts installed there.

How do I remove those scripts so I can reinstall it?
Re: Help Wanted: Wordpress Issues by PGON(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2012
yulad: Hey Webmasters,

I made a stupid mistake by deleting a wordpress installation from the cpanel, instead of doing that from Fantastico. Unfortunately for me, I also deleted the script that would have enabled me do a complete uninstallation. Thus, I can't install wordpress in my root directory as it keeps telling me I already have scripts installed there.

How do I remove those scripts so I can reinstall it?

hmmm

If you have access to your cpanel, delete the entire wordpress script..

Also...

Wordpress installer maybe referring to .htaccess file in the root directory, you need to delete or rename it before installing new wordpress...
Re: Help Wanted: Wordpress Issues by mrperfect(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
Delete every folder of wordpress in your root directory (commonly at /public_html) and go to PHPMYADMIN and drop the database, that is all, you will be fine.

Check my forum signature, If you are hosting with us, open a ticket, we will assist you do that and even install new wordpress for you, all free of charge.

(1) (Reply)

Changes You'd Like To See On Nairaland / Need A Guru In Internet Marketing For A Bussiness Deal Partnership / modified post no longer working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.