Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria (26570 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by motunrayoo(f): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by usbcable(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
ignorance pervades cyberspace.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Naijapikin1: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
Rexphobia:

Did I hurt your feelings, my apologies. But does brand loyalty equal to brand ownership?
You still haven't answered my question? Do you think the 'instant' account and savings 'account' are same?

I may enlighten you a little, if you permit me. However, I don't believe in spreading half truth and unverifiable claims.

We can still have a civil conversation here, sir.
apologies accepted, and mine extended as wel. I said i read all tru and tru, but de was nfin of d sort. De jus bring outrageous changes wen ur already an a/c holder. Do u knw wat it means to hav 200k in ur a/c and havin to withdraw evryday til u meet ur demands? Wat if i had a problem dat was instant? Pray u dont fal in my situation. Amen.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by smsmoney(m): 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Some days are like that.The best banks still have their problems.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by viciati(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
grin
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by scholes23(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.
My business partner now looks at me as dupe having not received his money.
First bank has no answers for the reasons why the money hasn't reflected.
Am really in deep fried first bank shit.
no matter what u say abt d bank, it wont stop pple like me and those who wll bank with them in future from using FBN

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mfm04622: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: apologies accepted, and mine extended as wel. I said i read all tru and tru, but de was nfin of d sort. De jus bring outrageous changes wen ur already an a/c holder. Do u knw wat it means to hav 200k in ur a/c and havin to withdraw evryday til u meet ur demands? Wat if i had a problem dat was instant? Pray u dont fal in my situation. Amen.
The account is not meant for someone who can save up to 200K. If you have up to that, you are supposed to migrate to the generic savings account. You could have closed the account and collected all your money at once too. First Bank have up to 4 different savings account meant for different types of customers. You went for the wrong product.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mfm04622: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
Did you care to think that maybe the fault is not from First Bank? They may have done their part and the correspondence Bank may mess up. The moment your account is debuted, be sure that First Bank have done their part. I do use them to transfer money abroad and it takes btw 2 & 5 working days
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by otokx(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
I would think its one of the exceptions.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mavinc4u(f): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
@op, two things are involved here.is either the receiver received the money and lied to you simply because the goods you were expecting from him were not ready and he didn't know how to tell you or there is a raised flag on the receiver's account that made the receiver's bank to hold the fund for some time before releasing it to be sure is not fraudulet fund.I don't think the problem is from first bank but am not saying they are perfect
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by segcymoor(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
As far I am concerning GTBank takes d lead. I could remember d day I use ATM and I was debit 40k which d machine dont dispense. My friend advise to go and report at customer service but I told him he should nt bother, that I trust my Bank, d transcaction will be reversve. D guy started argue dat i ve lost my money if i didnt complain. I tell my bank did'nt dissapoint me as they credit me back within 5min....Try dis with First Bank(I ve had dis frm friend)u will fill form tire b4 u can get ur money back......Rubbish Govt Bank!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mantote: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
Its a lie.this guy is ignorant.tell us the country u trabsfered to.which bank was your correspondent bank and beneficiary bank?was the transfer to asia?did it meet anti money landering requirements?was it flagged by the nigerian financial intelligence unit?
Guy,wake up and know that first bank is Nigeria.you keep talking of GTB.go to my village ,there is first bank and am sure of enjoying theor services this xmas.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Oahray: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
If you bank with UBA, you'd know that First Bank isnt that bad.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Redmosquito(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
Oahray: If you bank with UBA, you'd know that First Bank isnt that bad.
Chai! Guy no lie! YOu read my mind
***points juju at him***
NO LIE angry angry angry
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Naijapikin1: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
mfm04622:
The account is not meant for someone who can save up to 200K. If you have up to that, you are supposed to migrate to the generic savings account. You could have closed the account and collected all your money at once too. First Bank have up to 4 different savings account meant for different types of customers. You went for the wrong product.
i told dem i was a corps member, and dat i needed an a/c 2save. De recomended “first instant“ dont u bankers knw hw 2advice properly? Anyway am closin dat a/c and sending it to d gutters!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Oahray: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
Redmosquito:
Chai! Guy no lie! YOu read my mind
***points juju at him***
NO LIE angry angry angry
waaaaaat! *raises both hands*
Na my mind I read na. No be red ink you take write your own? Na blue ink I take write for my white mind.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Phrankin(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
you guys scarring me. in fact by tomorrow I'm withdrawing all my cash from the bank
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by aodiki: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
First bank is a no go area for me. They kept deducting monies from my account without cause for many months. I spoke with my account officer and he checked and was surprised himself at the withdrawals. Some of my friends at UBA had similar complains. I' ll say be careful with First Bank.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Napolitano(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
Why put this on front-page to damage a bank's repute. Such nonsense!!!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by chuchuo: 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ask them for a telex copy of the transaction. Once they give it to you, scan it to the beneficiary who will then take it to his bank. If you're transferring to Italy, its very common for their banks to deny receiving funds when its already with them. I don't believe that First Bank have not transferred your money.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by miqos02(m): 12:34am On Dec 09, 2012
Oahray: If you bank with UBA, you'd know that First Bank isnt that bad.
do u still bank with them
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2012
oche419:
The only bank that u can open account with N1000. They have regards 4 small customers.

Bros! I no believe U o. I opened a savings acct wt 10k at 1 of their branches. Infact, they made it look like they were doing me a favour by accepting 10k. U shld have seen d rudeness of the staff 2 those who pleaded that less that 10k shld be accepted.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by LopBB: 8:39am On Dec 09, 2012
I sympathize with @OP, it's only someone with no near experience that wouldn't understand what you went through that period. But to label First bank 'The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria' can be misleading.
The truth is that the so called big banks in Nigeria do have their once in a while issues. I 've had not so wonderful experiences even with the renowned internet friendly bank, gtb
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2012
But let's be fair. Banking is not easy. While evry bank has its own internal challenges,note that they try 2upgrade 2meet demands.
D earlier we started using e-channels, d beta 4 us all. There's so much we can do wt just an ATM card. Pay bills,buy airtime,inter-bank transfers (instant receipt).
Internet banking makes it easy 2make transfers including FX. Maintain Ur acct sitting @ home.
Stanbic IBTC Bank all the way!!!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by burningspear(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.
My business partner now looks at me as dupe having not received his money.
First bank has no answers for the reasons why the money hasn't reflected.
Am really in deep fried first bank shit.

Please cross-check the details you gave to the bank: recipient’s Routing/IBAN N0, account N0/name, bank name/address. Something may be missing from the info you gave! Check these things and also ask the recipient to confirm the details he gave you.
I feel your frustration, as I've had similar issue with another bank. But I use First bank, and I don't think their service is all this bad. They have been very supportive even on phone. My branch in Aguda has always been so swift doing my transactions.
Why not do your things online? Go to any First bank branch and activate your online banking, and you can do all your transactions (locally/internationally) from your bed room. It’s safe and secure with your token.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by burningspear(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2012
Napolitano: Why put this on front-page to damage a bank's repute. Such nonsense!!!

I feel surprised too, if they are referring to the same First Bank that I use. The success of any bank transaction depends on the information you gave. Let the @OP check the wire information he gave to the bank. Let the @OP also let us know after cross-checking these things.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ummm...your experience with First Bank is strange, especially on international transfer. I've been transferring money through the bank for more than 3 years now and I've never had any issues. Now, I even transfer money in the comfort of my home. All you need to do is to request for online application on your domiciliary account. You would be set-up on the platform and given something they call TOKEN. With this, you don't have to go to any of their branches to do your transfer. It's very easy to use. Sentiments apart, First Bank still remains the most reliable bank in Nigeria.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: apologies accepted, and mine extended as wel. I said i read all tru and tru, but de was nfin of d sort. De jus bring outrageous changes wen ur already an a/c holder. Do u knw wat it means to hav 200k in ur a/c and havin to withdraw evryday til u meet ur demands? Wat if i had a problem dat was instant? Pray u dont fal in my situation. Amen.

I think that FIRST INSTANT ACCOUNT is specifically opened for students and other low-end customers. The account is just opened to send allowances to your wards and not necessarily for business. Based on the explanation I got from them when I opened one for my younger brother.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by basadenet: 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
That does not make them to be unreliable as First Bank is probably the most reliable and formidable bank in Nigeria till date.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Shokoloko(f): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: I opened a “first instant“ a/c wit dem durin my sercice year, inoder to save. Wen i went to withdraw the atm kept tellin me, i couldnt withdraw more an 20k, me and my money? I had to beg my landlady not to giv d room out, and i spent d next few days, withdrawin 20k each day, b4 i cld meet up wit my rents. Thunder fire dem, mtn, boko haram, and nat. Assembly members. And for dos of u who side wit GTB, ur sooo, “on-point“.
U are very cheap. U opened a small savers account with N1000 and u want to operate it like a normal savings account. But u can request for it to be changed to normal
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by dollydolly(f): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
topsyking: I beg to disagree..they r most trusted n reliable bank..nigerians in diaspora prefer to transfer money into first bank than any oda bank..I av my facts
If u had or stil av ur facts wat d hell is keeping u 4rm stating dem huh? undecided
topsyking: I beg to disagree..they r most trusted n reliable bank..nigerians in diaspora prefer to transfer money into first bank than any oda bank..I av my facts
If u had or stil av ur facts wat d hell is keeping u 4rm stating dem huh?
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by DerMeister: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2012
had the same experience with skyebank... no cogent explanation given. All nigerian banks are crappy!! Go to Chase bank for quality service!! That's what I use for intl transactions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After / How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business / Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.