Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria (26590 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by ojoko1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Try Stanbic IBTC, you'll be suprised that good banking services can still be offered in Nigeria.. coolTry Stanbic IBTC, you'll be suprised that good banking services can still be offered in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by doctorjohn(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSTS.THEY WHERE JUST ENLIGHTENING BUT JUST FOR THE RECORDS, I HAVE USED FIRST BANK FOREIGN TRANSFERS IN THE PAST IT TAKES ABOUT 48 TO 72HOURS THAT WAS WHY I WAS WORRIED WHEN AFTER 5DAYS I DIDNT GET CONFIRMATION OF ITS RECEPTION.FOR OVER 12DAYS THE ONLY EXPLANATION I GOT WAS IT HAS BEEN SENT AND HEAD OFFICE DID THIS OR BRANCH OFFICE DID THAT.WHEN I DEMANDED FOR THE TELEX COPY,IT TOOK 3 DAYS TO BE SENT FROM LAGOS ON 4TH DECEMBER(FOR MONEY I TRANSFERED ON 16TH NOVEMBER) AND 4TH DECEMBER AT 3.55PM WAS LISTED AS DATE OF TRANSACTION.ISNT THAT ABSURD.DURING THIS ORDEAL FIRST BANK CONTACT CENTER COULDNT GIVE ME A GOOD EXPLANATION OR REASON FOR THE DELAY.WELL I JUST THANK GOD THAT THE MONEY HAS EVENTUALLY BEEN RECIEVED.
FIRSTBANK IF I COME FOR ANOTHER TRANSACTION NA ME LOOK FOR YOUR TROUBLE!!!!!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So people still go through stuffs like dis wen we have GTB, Diamond, Zenith n Stanbic.

Some banks shouldn't even be meantioned. I like it dat we do not hear of Banks like Oceanic, intercontinental, bla bla bla.

Soon FCMB, Skye, keystone, mainstreet...bla bla bla will be gone too.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can't wait.

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by adetayoonas(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
First bank is d best bank in Nigeria. It is far better than gb and other banks. This post was masterminded by some deceitful people to spoil d bank's image. The caption was so cruel and other staff of other banks are using the forum to demarket fbn. Pls let me tell u that first bank customer service delivery has improved since 2009.they care a lot about customers. First bank is d best and strongest bank in west africa. This post is very misleading. Fbn is also everywhere in nigeria both rural and urban. Since 1894 first bank still remains d best and largest employer in d financial sector. No matter your lies. We stay proud as fbn customers anytime anyday.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by adetayoonas(m): 12:04am On Dec 10, 2012
Haba. The caption of this post is deceitful and trecherous. The guy who sent this post may be a staff of another bank.
First bank is d best bank in Nigeria. It is far better than gb and other banks. This post was masterminded by some deceitful people to spoil d bank's image. The caption was so szscruel and other staff of other banks are using the forum to demarket fbn. Pls let me tell u that first bank customer service delivery has improved since 2009.they care a lot about customers. First bank is d best and strongest bank in west africa. This post is very misleading. Fbn is also everywhere in nigeria both rural and urban. Since 1894 first bank still remains d best and largest employer in d financial sector. No matter your lies. We stay proud as fbn customers anytime anyday.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by adetayoonas(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2012
First bank is far better than other banks.
Haba. The caption of this post is deceitful and treacherous. The guy who sent this post may be a staff of another bank.
First bank is d best bank in Nigeria. It is far better than gb and other banks. This post was masterminded by some deceitful people to spoil d bank's image. The caption was so cruel and other staff of other banks are using the forum to demarket fbn. Pls let me tell u that first bank customer service delivery has improved since 2009.they care a lot about customers. First bank is d best and strongest bank in west africa. This post is very misleading. Fbn is also everywhere in nigeria both rural and urban. Since 1894 first bank still remains d best and largest employer in d financial sector. No matter your lies. We stay proud as fbn customers anytime anyday.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by adetayoonas(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2012
Haba. The caption of this post is deceitful and trecherous. The guy who sent this post may be a staff of another bank.
First bank is d best bank in Nigeria. It is far better than gb and other banks. This post was masterminded by some deceitful people to spoil d bank's image. The caption was so szscruel and other staff of other banks are using the forum to demarket fbn. Pls let me tell u that first bank customer service delivery has improved since 2009.they care a lot about customers. First bank is d best and strongest bank in west africa. This post is very misleading. Fbn is also everywhere in nigeria both rural and urban. Since 1894 first bank still remains d best and largest employer in d financial sector. No matter your lies. We stay proud as fbn customers anytime anyday.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by KayDee4: 4:40am On Dec 10, 2012
adetayoonas: Haba. The caption of this post is deceitful and trecherous. The guy who sent this post may be a staff of another bank.

I doubt the poster is trying to defame your beloved first bank, I don't even need to read his full story to reconfirm what I already know about First Bank. Being the strongest bank, oldest bank, largest employer, etc . . . . . doesn't automatically translate to service efficiency and when it comes to FX transactions, they are NOT the best, far from it.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by andyzoga: 5:20am On Dec 10, 2012
mfm04622:
The account is not meant for someone who can save up to 200K. If you have up to that, you are supposed to migrate to the generic savings account. You could have closed the account and collected all your money at once too. First Bank have up to 4 different savings account meant for different types of customers. You went for the wrong product.
This simply tells one that fBN's Customer Service is poor! Customer ought to have been educated just as you're now doing on the various types of product they have. From all I've read on this forum, they're not just there for their customers. CS is exceeding customer's satisfaction at all times but here, their customers are steps ahead of them. If you don't take care of your customers, someone else'll do!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by pure123: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
rick.ross:

You dont rush to conclusions just bc of this singular incidence.
I have used First back to transfer funds to the UK and the receiver received it within 3 days.
If you board British Airways today and the plane crashes, that doesn't mean BA is the worst airline in the world.

The receiver fit don receive d fund and pretend. The money cannot be hanging on air, its either they credit receivers account or they return your money within 3days. I once made international TT and the receivers account was wrong and my money was returned back to my account after few days.

But your case is strange, your money cannot be floating on air for weeks now, write a petition to First Bank head office if your branch is not giving you good answers. Also, if you are a businessman that do a lot of transfers i will recommend you use GTB next time, their international TT is faster than any bank in 9ja, Diamond bank is good also.

On a final note, a good businessman in 9ja must have good relationship with his account officer or top bank managers. Once in a while you take them out and when things like this happen they will sort it for you without you coming to the bank. I do many transactions that I don't need to go to my bank. When your bank is in distress your good relationship with the bank officers will help you. I am talking from experience.

rich rose- you will not die young! i think you are the only sensible person that have responded to this post
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by pure123: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
rick.ross:

You dont rush to conclusions just bc of this singular incidence.
I have used First back to transfer funds to the UK and the receiver received it within 3 days.
If you board British Airways today and the plane crashes, that doesn't mean BA is the worst airline in the world.

The receiver fit don receive d fund and pretend. The money cannot be hanging on air, its either they credit receivers account or they return your money within 3days. I once made international TT and the receivers account was wrong and my money was returned back to my account after few days.

But your case is strange, your money cannot be floating on air for weeks now, write a petition to First Bank head office if your branch is not giving you good answers. Also, if you are a businessman that do a lot of transfers i will recommend you use GTB next time, their international TT is faster than any bank in 9ja, Diamond bank is good also.

On a final note, a good businessman in 9ja must have good relationship with his account officer or top bank managers. Once in a while you take them out and when things like this happen they will sort it for you without you coming to the bank. I do many transactions that I don't need to go to my bank. When your bank is in distress your good relationship with the bank officers will help you. I am talking from experience.

rich rose- you will not die young! i think you are the only sensible person that have responded to this post
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by pure123: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
adetayoonas: Haba. The caption of this post is deceitful and trecherous. The guy who sent this post may be a staff of another bank.

you will not die young
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by pure123: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
iOmoge: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So people still go through stuffs like dis wen we have GTB, Diamond, Zenith n Stanbic.

Some banks shouldn't even be meantioned. I like it dat we do not hear of Banks like Oceanic, intercontinental, bla bla bla.

Soon FCMB, Skye, keystone, mainstreet...bla bla bla will be gone too.

honestly u r d best comedia i hav ever seen.lmao

Can't wait.

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by knowledge4(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
I disagree.
I have current and savings accounts with First bank for 10 years.
They have good service and I have not had any cause to regret dealing with them.
If the poster has any issues,contact the bank head office with the facts rather than coming online to rubbish a bank
The bank has online and offline channels to address grievances.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On May 28, 2013
Thanks to IBB for his banks liberalization policy. The first big banks socalled First bank, Union Bank, UBA, IBWA kept Nigerians in dark age of banking, when cash counting machines are used in europe, cashiers of these banks are provided pad container with water added whereby they dipped their fingers once awhile to count paper currency
Cash transfer was haram, #100 naira cash withdrawl takes one month in most cases
When Equatorial trust bank came with their Lomaji Ugorji mat carrying to sleep in the bank advert, (that's what obtained then) he was suprised to have his cash in less than 5minutes, this bank kept to this promise, this bank is the first to issue electronic cash card called ESCA.
I shut my first bank and Union bank accounts down without looking back till today. Though I will not promote any bank no matter what.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On May 28, 2013
When an issue like this was raised in this forum about Intercontinental bank, staffs of this bank who are members of nairaland called sulphur and brimstones with all manner of fire on the person of the writer, today its history.
That firstbank or anyother bank might dissappear overnight or gradually is a fact, my opinion firstbank has this archaic internal managerial structure.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Obadafidy(m): 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
eeyah sorry bro! I never like banking with them for any reason in my life for I know they are not old-generational bank BUT Too-Old generation bank. your money is being transfered via a bicycle despatch rider...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar / Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.