Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People (6507 Views)

Amaechi: Wike Gives $1m Monthly To Patience Jonathan / Boko Haram Kills More than 50 Elderly People In Borno / How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by gen2briz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
The Osun State Government has approved a N10,000 monthly allowance for the elderly, under its social security scheme tagged: “Agba Osun”.

The Special Adviser to Governor Rauf Aregbesola on Special Needs, Mr. Biyi Odunlade, told reporters yesterday that 1,343 of the1,602 beneficiaries have received their first two allowances.

He said the remaining are yet to show up for the payment.

Odunlade said the state government carried out a population survey of elderly persons between February 27 and March 10 to identify those who need medical attention.

He said at the end of the survey, 114,814 elderly persons were identified in the 30 local governments.

Odunlade said the government would establish a rehabilitation and transit camp for the destitute and the mentally ill.

He said the Aregbesola administration has appointed six physically-challenged persons into political positions and given jobs to another six in the civil service.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/osun-okays-n10000-allowance-for-the-elderly/

1 Like

Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by PaulJohn1: 12:58am On Dec 01, 2012
That's a commendable move by Aregbe. It'll be more ambitious if he can focus more on investment that can bring increase to the state internal revenue and not just spending undecided

Can't wait to go home(Oshogbo) for Christmas. cool
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by NegroNtns(m): 1:32am On Dec 01, 2012
They need to clarify on the subject of qualification. When the news get to other states without proper qualification they will begin to send their elderlys to Osun for benefit. grin grin.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by PaulJohn1: 1:47am On Dec 01, 2012
^^
they'll all have their state ID card grin
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by NegroNtns(m): 2:26am On Dec 01, 2012
Paul John: ^^
they'll all have their state ID card grin

....Yoruba tribal marks.

4 Likes

Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by PaulJohn1: 3:27am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....Yoruba tribal marks.

Nice one grin
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....Yoruba tribal marks.
This is an Osun indigene thing. People will have to go through their LGA to qualify.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Ramcie(f): 9:35am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....Yoruba tribal marks.

That's not a nice thing to say by trying to be sarcastic. Mind you, am not a Yoruba girl but I still think we can discuss issues without bringing features of our various ethnic identity into it.

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by topboyz(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2012
Such a 9ce move
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by dridowu: 9:38am On Dec 01, 2012
9ce Move but hope d state won't over tax is people ?
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by donfemzy: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2012
just passing by.........
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by ziccoit: 9:42am On Dec 01, 2012
Ramcie:

That's not a nice thing to say by trying to be sarcastic. Mind you, am not a Yoruba girl but I still think we can discuss issues without bringing features of our various ethnic identity into it.
Correct.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by RickyRoss1(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....Yoruba tribal marks.

The way Yoruba parents destroy the faces of their children with tribal marks is quite alarming (no insults intended).
I know its a culture/tradition thing but it is not every part of our culture that we must keep practicing in this new millennium. For example, female circumcision used to be a good cultural practice all over Africa but today it has become outdated and illegal bc of its harmful effects.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by dabrake(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Agba osun? Why not O'elderly?
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by bestower: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2012
[quote
author=Ramcie]

That's not a nice thing to say by trying to be sarcastic. Mind you, am
not a Yoruba girl but I still think we can discuss issues without
bringing features of our various ethnic identity into it. [/quote] Thank u ramcie girl,ur sense of humour is great,love that speech.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by NAIRA25(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2012
Nice move by Ogbeni.....this man is the real man,Aregbe is working,osun is developing,other states are vexing## Winks

1 Like

Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by gratiaeo(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2012
i don't see any need for This, let him focus on internal revenue generation other than spending the oil money he got from Abuja on elderly ppl
Build industry and employee their childrens
Build good health center
Develop Agriculture etc.......
How many factory has he build in Osun state?
This is pure cheap political point
As we know the next govs ll come and cancel it
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by olatunde1234: 9:53am On Dec 01, 2012
Good development if it's not selective settlement among ACN elders
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by ujukala: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2012
That is very good. The problem is that a new administration in the state may not continue to pay the elderly. That is the truth.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Odelola01(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2012
Ramcie:

THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT IT DOESN'T MEAN IF YOU ARE NOT YORUBA.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by toluxe0075: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Nothing new,governor fayemi in ekiti have been doing dat undecided
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Ramcie(f): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2012
Odelola01: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT IT DOESN'T MEAN IF YOU ARE NOT YORUBA.

Sorry I didn't get you there . Paraphrase plz. Thanks.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by salolo(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2012
well done
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Basic(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2012
gratiaeo: i don't see any need for This, let him focus on internal revenue generation other than spending the oil money he got from Abuja on elderly ppl
Build good health center
It's always easier said. If you're the governor, you may not even be considering those "political point".
So, leave the man and let him do his thing. Or are you jealous of the gesture?
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by victorD3: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns: They need to clarify on the subject of qualification. When the news get to other states without proper qualification they will begin to send their elderlys to Osun for benefit. grin grin.

Send your elderly to Osun for 10k?
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by salolo(m): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2012
well done gov
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by talkmarkay(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2012
gratiaeo: i don't see any need for This, let him focus on internal revenue generation other than spending the oil money he got from Abuja on elderly ppl
Build good health center

Are you talking for talking sake or you have gud evidence that Aregbesola has not been working on the program you listed
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by markus1133: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2012
good act
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by ajanaku2(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....Yoruba tribal marks.

Ki l'omode mo? What does a Child know?...Well, l'aiye ijosi, Olowo l'o n ko ila!...In the days of yore, it's only the rich ones that dare put marks on their faces 'cos of the technical expertise and costs involved in the process...Well, My Grandmother who has tribal marks told Me this...Tribal Marks is part of our norms and culture; it's one of the factors that make us Yorubas...Just check out the picture of the late Samuel Ladoke Akintola who was a one-time Premier of the western region, a Lawyer, a fine Orator and one of the wealthiest Aristocrats of his time; He had tribal Marks too...

3 Likes

Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2012
talkmarkay:

Are you talking for talking sake or you have gud evidence that Aregbesola has not been working on the program you listed
Dont mind the guy. If he wants 2 qualify himself,he can start by making himself an indigene and turning self into an elderly. 9ice move by ACN governors. Even if na to score political points,let him be.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Odelola01(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2012
Ramcie:

Sorry I didn't get you there . Paraphrase plz. Thanks.
I mean we are not talk about ethnic issue, but a development.
Re: Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2012
ajanaku2:

Ki l'omode mo? What does a Child know?...Well, l'aiye ijosi, Olowo l'o n ko ila!...In the days of yore, it's only the rich ones that dare put marks on their faces 'cos of the technical expertise and costs involved in the process...Well, My Grandmother who has tribal marks told Me this...Tribal Marks is part of our norms and culture; it's one of the factors that make us Yorubas...Just check out the picture of the late Samuel Ladoke Akintola who was a one-time Premier of the western region, a Lawyer, a fine Orator and one of the wealthiest Aristocrats of his time; He had tribal Marks too...

grin grin...very handsome man, the tribal mark didn't do him justice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan And His Misplaced Priorities-Akwa Ibom Staduim Opening / CNN Interview ; Again, Buhari Goofed.. / Throwback Pics Of Tinubu With Sani Abacha And Mko Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.