Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. (1125 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / 7 Things That Make You Look Like A Cheater(even If You Are Not) / My Wife Says She Deserves"thank U" After Sex - Can U Say That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by damiso(f): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
On a lighter note and carrying on from the reality show thread where naijababe baby fondly refers to mummy's oyan as oyant cheesy let us share words that our young kids have used that crack us up.My daughter for some odd reason used to call milk 'yuk'.It took even me sometime to understand what that meant.One that also cracked us up so much was once when her dad asked her what mum was doin she replied 'mum is watching dan dan dan dan dan' for those in the Uk thats the theme song from eastenders as she could not say mummy is watchin eastenders.P square's chop my money is chuck my mummy.Mummy's
church is hallelluyah amen so if she wants to ask what church we r goin its mummy are we going to halleluyah amen? Ahh Bless their cute lil souls.Share some of yours.

2 Likes

Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 01, 2012
When they ask me to buy them something i cant afford
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by greatgod2012(f): 5:22am On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
damiso: On a lighter note and carrying on from the reality show thread where naijababe baby fondly refers to mummy's oyan as oyant cheesy let us share words that our young kids have used that crack us up.My daughter for some odd reason used to call milk 'yuk'.It took even me sometime to understand what that meant.One that also cracked us up so much was once when her dad asked her what mum was doin she replied 'mum is watching dan dan dan dan dan' for those in the Uk thats the theme song from eastenders as she could not say mummy is watchin eastenders.P square's chop my money is chuck my mummy.Mummy's
church is hallelluyah amen so if she wants to ask what church we r goin its mummy are we going to halleluyah amen? Ahh Bless their cute lil souls.Share some of yours.
awww how cute, my daughter is only 1 but when she sees you no matter how old you are she will tell you to come, with the hand and head motions. She also beleives she can climb anything, even walls.
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by ameenahz(f): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
So ma'am, i'm here. I found this relatively unused thread and decided it will do.

It's actually about your 'change of religion'. I was just wondering what could make someone with an upbringing like yours convert. Have any story to share?
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by damiso(f): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hi Ameenhaz.Oh dear you are making me go back to one long hard road with my parents smiley

Ok let me not give too much away but I come from a mixed ijebu-lagos family.My Dad's side has roots from kwara, ijebu and lagos island and is purely muslim.My mum on the other side is from a mixed religion family.My paternal grandfather was actually the only muslim of his siblings as he was sent to live with his uncle in the north.So my mum had iya ijo aunties and her grandfather (paternal) was actually a Reverend. Her maternal side though was full muslim.So enough of the family tree grin

I grew up interacting with a very very very large extended family and so saw first hand both religions though more of islam.Ileya and Itunu awe were big deals but we still used to go my maternal grand aunt who was like an olori ebi of sorts every 1st of Jan.My mum was more the enforcer of religion, my dad too but not as strict as mum.My secondary school also enforced that as from JSS1 you were placed in a muslim only class so you could all take IRK together. So most of my friends as well were from muslim backgrounds.I practised the religion as a duty and obligation (as most religion is anyway) but deep deep down I never really connected to God on a personal level.Maybe also praying in Arabic or just generally the high handedness of my mum, my ustaz and my IRS teacher (good ole Mr Ashim Alim cheesy) just made it seem like I was stifled.Also I looked at the lifestyles of my muslim relations and my Christian ones (not my immediate ones) and I saw there was a difference.I dont want to go into these diffrences cos they are personal.and in no way an indictment on islam..In retrospect sef I think these things boil down to individual and now as a leader in church, I see its by Grace.

So all my intial long story was just to prepare for you for my actual conversion. I was in university and by then due to freedom smiley now praying just once or twice daily as opposed to 5 times
All that time I felt guilty that I was letting down my spiritual self . Today I would pray 5 times and for thr next two weeks I would not.One day my friend invited me for a programme in her church.She said I know you are muslim but its just a music programme no preaching (all my friends knew I hated people preaching to me).So I went for the programme just to while away that evening . Let's just say I met with jesus on that day.

Long hard road followed and fora while I could not go to church from home except I was in school.I feared my mum so much that even when she confronted me that she heard I converted I could not own up.I eventually mustered up the courage but it soured me and my mum's relationship for a while.We are cool now though and as much as my church members try I am never going to hassle or hound her to convert.Will let my life do the preaching.I honoured my parents by doing a Nikkah (another long drama from hubby's family) and my pastor has even told me off for it but I just felt I did not want to keep on rubbing it in that I had converted.Thank God my husband was with me on just letting them have that day and he took it alk graciously.He even got a muslim name smiley.My kids have muslim names too though not on their birth certificates.
I hope that answered your question smiley
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by ameenahz(f): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes, ma'am. Thank you. Forgive my inquisitiveness, But i really wont mind if you could tell me those differences you saw.

You see, i strayed from Islam too. Over a long time. From my adolesence to early adulthood. Nuff help from mum anyways. I attended some churches, even the pentecostal churches. I strove to know the 'Jesus' all my xtian friends knew and spoke of. All because i had doubts and plenty of unanswered questions about Islam. At a point, i prayed for 'Jesus' himself to show himself. Even started living a 'relatively holy' life, so that he could show himself. When i got tired of praying for that, i told God to show me the way, where ever it is. And He did. In Islam. I met people who answered my question satisfactorily, came across verses i never knew existed in the Qur'an and was just at peace.

That's why i keep wondering where/what the appeal is in Christianity (forgive me, pls). I must say i was really shocked when i read your story.

So again, i dont mind if i could get some details.
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by damiso(f): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
ameenahz: Yes, ma'am. Thank you. Forgive my inquisitiveness, But i really wont mind if you could tell me those differences you saw.

You see, i strayed from Islam too. Over a long time. From my adolesence to early adulthood. Nuff help from mum anyways. I attended some churches, even the pentecostal churches. I strove to know the 'Jesus' all my xtian friends knew and spoke of. All because i had doubts and plenty of unanswered questions about Islam. At a point, i prayed for 'Jesus' himself to show himself. Even started living a 'relatively holy' life, so that he could show himself. When i got tired of praying for that, i told God to show me the way, where ever it is. And He did. In Islam. I met people who answered my question satisfactorily, came across verses i never knew existed in the Qur'an and was just at peace.

That's why i keep wondering where/what the appeal is in Christianity (forgive me, pls). I must say i was really shocked when i read your story.

So again, i dont mind if i could get some details.

I really dont want to go into the differences cos they could be termed as pitting one religion against the other.

As for the appeal in Christianity, diff strokes love diff strokes. It was really not an issue of appeal but where I felt I had a connection to my God.I dont want to go on and on into details cos as I said I dont want to go into religious debates by doing christianity is better than islam because of a, b, c.Naaaa its a personal choice. BTW I am not a follower of church or pastor but a follower of christ(that took a while too).Till today I have certain character traits that I admire in alot of muslims so am not your run of the mill Christian convert who HATES all muslims (I know I am biased means I would hate my family wink) or Islam.In short I think I am a bit more balanced cos alot of my Christian born friends sometimes make ignorant remarks that amuse me to no end.

In all faith is a very personal thing,you found it in Islam I found it in Christianity, I think that's enough detail. smiley
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by ameenahz(f): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ok ma. True, enuf details. Thank u for your time. And thank u for enduring my wahala. I wish you all the best in ur endeavours.
Re: Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. by degurl(f): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2013
My 18months old son tells me "how are you and answers ,fine" by himself.
In the cafe, time is almost up. will add more later.

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Female Journalist Takes Off Her Clothes While Interviewing Mayor / How important is a woman's love to a man? / Who Owns Your Boobs, Husband Or Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.