Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? (9276 Views)

How To Motivate Yourself To Study / 48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 02, 2012
I started this exam last weekend and that first one was okay though i stressed myself out a bit. The second stage comes up next weekend and i havent covered the four courses I'm going to write. Problem is, i do not have any drive or motivation to read angry All day, i run around d house, cooking, watching tv and my mind keeps telling me 'you know you're supposed to be doing something else,...., 'go and read, 'u should be reading' but i cant just get to hold that book for an hour and concentrate.
Pls i need advice on what to do. Does this happen normally?if it does, what can one do to restore the ethusiasm

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Emmyk(m): 6:01am On Dec 02, 2012
I often think, will mym mum, dad and everyone be proud of me doin these? (watching movies or playing games). Hurrily I'll go pickup my book 2 read

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2012
X
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by cooltony09: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2012
You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..

16 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by kokoye(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
think about the repercussions of failing the exam(s).

...you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
The fear of loosing my excellent record was all the motivation I needed.
Tell yourself that if you drop in your performance how will you feel?
Me, I'll never forgive myself

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Tsmooth1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
When you think of the pervasive poverty and hardship that will afflict you if you don't study, that is motivation enough.

When I was in secondary school, my father told me that if I didn't pass WAEC, he would enroll me with Bello, his car mechanic to be his apprentice.

I passed WAEC in 1 sitting. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by firestar(f): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
If you're into classical music, play orchestra for a few minutes....

Preferably no lyrical content. Just instrumentals. cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by abdullkabar(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
i read 4 fun
jst tink dat somday,i may becom like albert einsten.
I jst lov perfectn myself 2 a great extent..
So 4 u,jst feel u want 2 read 2 b great nd 2 b amng great gurus.like reading 2 b a prof.
READING IS FUN(2 an extent sha)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
I use cancer sticks and the quote below:

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
Go into a quiz with say 2 friends of yours.
When they ask you about 5 questions out of which you correctly answer only 2, it'll make you feel/know you've been left behind, that'll definitely motivate you to get busy with your books and drop whatever it is that's been consuming your time tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by ahika(m): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mingle with friends who like reading a lot, and you will be motivated
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by tmed1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
Read inspirational books (e.g Ben Carson and others) it will inspire you. More so, find a good place and position to read, it helps...personally, i love to lie down on the bed while reading actively because I can't sit for hours...with this method, I have continued to be on first class in University...

Note: you don't have to read for a long time or finish a long chapter at once....divide your academic works...it will make things easier for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Ardedaryor(m): 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
I can cope with carry-over....
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
pDude: When you think of the pervasive poverty and hardship that will afflict you if you don't study, that is motivation enough.

When I was in secondary school, my father told me that if I didn't pass WAEC, he would enroll me with Bello, his car mechanic to be his apprentice.

I passed WAEC in 1 sitting. cheesy
lmao really funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by tchaik(m): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
firestar: If you're into classical music, play orchestra for a few minutes....

Preferably no lyrical content. Just instrumentals. cool

Nice one! Are you into classical? I'm a classical freak! Tchaikovsky and Vivaldi are my favs! LVB and WAM are also cool!

*sorry for derailing *

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Olamyyde(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
When i rembember this scripture "brethren, do weary in well doing(studying), for in due time we shall reap(be successful) if we faint not (do not give up)", i stop watching tv and start reading again
Also, have a plan which is very important especially if u are in d university. Someone said "living your life without a plan is like watching tv with another person holding d remote control"

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by martyns303(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
kokoye: think about the repercussions of failing the exam(s).

...you're welcome.
best advice you'll get. u also need to find a reason on ur own to read. In my field of study 74% is a fail, only 75% and above is a pass, not to mention the cost. the competition is also very high. i've got notes written on my bedside to remind me to work harder.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Austinobisnr(m): 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
cooltony09: You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..
help me tell am ooo... Great ife home of jackinchans
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by MumZ(f): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Kia, exam 4 festive period, u really need motivation.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by naptu2: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
1) Do you read or do you study?

Rather than trying to read long passages at a go (which could be boring), you could try this exercise.

A) Read short passages.
B) Jot down questions as you read.
C) Go away for a while (take a walk, watch tv, etc).
D) Come back to your books and try and answer those questions without looking at the answers in your books.

2) Create the right environment/mood/ambience.

Ensure that nothing disturbs/distracts you when you want to study.

A) Lock the door.
B) switch of the tv

Etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by chexyincx(m): 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Just have to make up my mind to start reading immediately cos further delay can be distrastrous.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by koolet: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
try dys

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Emperor5c(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
All i nid 2 do iz puff a couple wraps of weed.
Exhale all d Fs,Es,Ds, and mosttyms Cs..Den inhale d As n Bs.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by firestar(f): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
tchaik:

Nice one! Are you into classical? I'm a classical freak! Tchaikovsky and Vivaldi are my favs! LVB and WAM are also cool!

*sorry for derailing *
Yes, I am.I'm listening to Nigel Kennedy's Meditation.
I recommend it now for the OP and everyone else.

Personally this genre gives a sort of wake-up-call...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by cigie(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
I don't even know to motivate myself to study...I'm naturally motivated only when I find what I'm study interesting

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by djeezy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
@op,
First thing to do is despise failure and have the desire to succeed. Then mix with people who also love to read and read because your future depends so much on it. To be motivated, you have to be challenging and competitive, funny but it really helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by kala111: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
quote author=Emperor5c]All i nid 2 do iz puff a couple wraps of weed.
Exhale all d Fs,Es,Ds, and mosttyms Cs..Den inhale d As n Bs.[/quote]

Badt boi angry
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by emmyid(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
Think of the prestidge and pride accompany with good result as a girl; think of shame failing yo exams wil bring upon u
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by indoorlove(m): 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Read this book: the power of ur subconscious mind written by Harry W. Carpenter, and thank me later
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
cooltony09: You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..
lol....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unaab / Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. / I Schooled In France Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.