Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children (8418 Views)

Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) / Unlikely Friends: A Cat And A Crow / The New Nigerian Movie Called Beyonce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Salmoneus(m): 2:46am On Dec 02, 2012
A new African cartoon for children still in development, enjoy and please drop a comment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUuau0y_oEU&feature=plcp

1 Like

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Emmyk(m): 5:54am On Dec 02, 2012
Will watch when I'm on Pc
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by VillageBoi(m): 9:05am On Dec 02, 2012
Absolutely zero educational value if you actually think the best thing to do is teach really young children "If you have a problem, solve it with juju".

It's no wonder our country is so darn re.tar.ded that even a Minsiter opens her useless thieving mouth to blame power outages on evil spirits.
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/minister-blames-nigerias-darkness-on-evil-spirit.html

1 Like

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Salmoneus(m): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2012
VillageBoi: Absolutely zero educational value if you actually think the best thing to do is teach really young children "If you have a problem, solve it with juju".

It's no wonder our country is so darn re.tar.ded that even a Minsiter opens her useless thieving mouth to blame power outages on evil spirits.
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/minister-blames-nigerias-darkness-on-evil-spirit.html
This is a slapstick comedy for kids made to make them laugh nothing more, you can analyze it to get a that meaning because you're an adult a child cannot do that, they'll only laugh at how exaggerated and silly it is not draw a philosophical conclusion from it...if thats the case kids who watched Tom and Jerry or would be jumping of roofs to see if they can defy gravity, but I'm sure you'll let your kids watch that, but when it's African it must be strict, why?...

7 Likes

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by semid4lyfe(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2012
The animation in itself is not bad though it can be improved upon.

My problem with it is the lack of originality. I mean, how is this different from Tom & Jerry, Pinky and The Brain etc?
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by VillageBoi(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2012
Salmoneus:
This is a slapstick comedy for kids made to make them laugh nothing more, you can analyze it to get a that meaning because you're an adult a child cannot do that, they'll only laugh at how exaggerated and silly it is not draw a philosophical conclusion from it...if thats the case kids who watched Tom and Jerry or would be jumping of roofs to see if they can defy gravity, but I'm sure you'll let your kids watch that, but when it's African it must be strict, why?...

I do understand it is slapstick and it doesn't have to be 'serious'. Come on I totally adored 'Farting Baby'. I have liked every single thing you've done apart from this one. Could be because I think our country is one of the most messed up places on the planet spiritually and has such a ridiculous deep belief in that's how to solve problems... it's either juju or Praying & Fasting Plc yet we NEVER want to THINK up solutions and how to implement them.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Bawss1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
Cat and Rat?

I must say that is a rather unoriginal title and its pedestrian too.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by RedLight1: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2012
nice one... but there is room for improvement
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by timbros(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2012
Cat and Rat?

You mean, Tom and Jerry?
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by menix(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2012
timbros: Cat and Rat?

You mean, Tom and Jerry?
No nah Akpors nd Dauda

2 Likes

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by TableLeg(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2012
But why cat and rat now?
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by saintneo(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2012
give it a better name...............something like

[size=28pt]Ike & Mike[/size] or [size=28pt]Mike & Ike[/size]
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Gee001: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2012
Cat and rat equals to Tom and Jerry.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by dridowu: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2012
Am not on PC but phone now,For dos who have watched it, kindly download and convert to phone type, so dat we 2 can watch & comment properly.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Dec 03, 2012
Salmoneus: A new African cartoon for children still in development, enjoy and please drop a comment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUuau0y_oEU&feature=plcp

Why not a native name rather than cat and rat?

why not a native name for cat maybe in yoruba or igbo and a name for rat in another local language? then other animals in the cartoon can be named after different local languages in Nigeria to make it original?

1 Like

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by semid4lyfe(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2012
honeric01:

why not a native name for cat maybe in yoruba or igbo and a name for rat in another local language? then other animals in the cartoon can be named after different local languages in Nigeria to make it original?

So your definition of originality is just giving the characters indigenous names? undecided

Sighs in exasperation and shaking my head here
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by honeric01(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2012
semid4lyfe:

So your definition of originality is just giving the characters indigenous names? undecided

Sighs in exasperation and shaking my head here

No, but it's a start, at least before you call someone a Nigerian, he should have something that's got to do with Nigeria.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by ChimeChimezie: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2012
very bad and poor, i don't even understand what they were doing there, abeg make una go and learn more, this is nonsence
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2012
honeric01:

No, but it's a start, at least before you call someone a Nigerian, he should have something that's got to do with Nigeria.

Touché

Chime Chimezie: very bad and poor, i don't even understand what they were doing there, abeg make una go and learn more, this is nonsence

Bros you harsh o. The last time I was so blunt & direct on Nairaland, dem wan cut off my head grin
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by menix(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2012
[quote author=honeric01]

Like Pussu nd Nkapi?
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by BodyKiss(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Crap, just had to stop watching after seeing the "juju" part. This is nonsense, please go look for good storyline.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Okijajuju1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
Weak cartoon...

And since when wey juju start to come for that kind bottle!? angry
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Salmoneus(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
Well thanks for your having a look at it, like I said it's still in development and everything said here would be taken into consideration smiley
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by billynoni(m): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
grin
Chime Chimezie: very bad and poor, i don't even understand what they were doing there, abeg make una go and learn more, this is nonsence
Guy u dey vex ooooooo,4 u 2 write 'NONSENCE' instead of 'NONSENSE'
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
WTF did I just watch?

1 Like

Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Scarpon(m): 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
we going there gradually
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
saintneo: give it a better name...............something like

[size=28pt]Ike & Mike[/size] or [size=28pt]Mike & Ike[/size]
No b only Mike and Ike nah Ibru and Osuofia ! Mtcheww....
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Ladytemi(f): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
The concept seems to be the same as Tom and Jerry. Animation needs some work but good effort.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Oahray: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
Not only does it lack originality, its got poor graphics and is boring.
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Shalome(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
should be aki n pawpaw
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
More like Ologbo and ekute grin
Re: Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children by dartsidius7(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
whats with the juju potion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Movie Soundtrack Or Theme Song? / Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) / Nollywood At Your Pocket Without Data Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.