Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

"The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" (1077 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by legalwealth(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
I came to realise that most men of God do make this mistake that their pastoral work is a sure ticket to heaven where it is not as it is just a gift of the Holy Spirit by they will be judge by the works of their hand.

Image that a great and well known man of God in Osun State seems to be bleaching.

How will he preach against that if he founds any member of his congregation with such act?

Note:Being able to do the works of God is not a ticket to heaven by just a GIFT

What is your own view about this as well?
Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by Caseless: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
I think one of them once said that 'selfservicing' is not forbidden. So that one bleaching his skin will not find it difficult to tell his congregation that it's Godly to bleach.

Holy bleaching!
Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
Most of them are nothing but modern days pharisees and sadducees cheesy. The scripture says, to inherit the Kingdom of God you must be better than them (pharisees and sadducees) because they are bunch of hypocrites! Matthew 5:20.

1 Like

Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by Sirniyeh(m): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
If you have a pastor who tries to mislead or lure you into immorality or does not practise what he preaches, here are good advices for you.
1. When it is time for question and answer, ask him, e.g sir, i bleaching biblical?
2. Walk away from him because you will only be fed with polluted manna.
Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by 3direct: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
God made man before woman to give him time to think of an answer for her first question. who are we to judge

Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
^^^Righteous judement is Biblical. We judge them based on their wrong practices and what we don't do but they do!

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

1Corinthians 5:12 After all, do I have any business judging those who are outside the Christian faith? Isn't it your business to judge those who are inside?

Any MOG who is found guilty of polluting the body of Christ by practising what is against the Christian faith and unscriptural should be rebuked, period!

@DoubleDx, I agree with your point! A lot of modern pharisees and saduccees in Christianity; they have to be rebuked the way Jesus did to the pharisees in those days!
Re: "The Greatest Mistake Made By Most Men Of God" by Mikkyphaton: 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
Being chosen/ called by God to do his work here on earth is just by grace as it is not because of one's holiness or level of education or anything. Take an example, paul in the bible became one of the greatest if not the greatest man God used in his time and his impact in christianity is still being felt till today and this was a man who was the no 1 persecutor of christians. So being called by God is like an added responsibility which should not be taken with pride but with humility remembering that u are now to lead the people of the world into his kingdom so u are to seperate in whateva way from the things of the world because and avoid being blinded by the things of the world, because u are to live an examplinary life which people ought to follow RMB: to whom more is given more is expected.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony / Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise / Priest Found Guilty Of Molesting 10-year-old Altar Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.