Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise (1077 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by lomzy1(m): 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
Great ppl of nairalad. I really need ur honest opinion on the issue of tithing.
My story.
Am not a regular tithe payer or a regular church goer. But av paid tithe several times.
Anytime am faced with a problem, or in great need of divine favour, uncertainties in business etc.. I usually run to God for help and answers. I'd start to attend church services, revivals n pray fervently @ home. Although am not too religious either but I strongly believe in God, through Jesus Christ.
Recently, I was experiencing difficulties in my relationship, finances, family... Everything was indeed turning upside down.
So I decided to isolate myself frm d world and turn to God. I needed some quiet time with God. There was no way I could do that in lagos, so I traveled to my hometown.. I was alone in d whole house with a very big compound.. Then I started with a 3 day fasting (6am - 6pm). After almost 10 days.. Things were not getting any better, but I was still hoping on God for mercies.
Then one day I decided to go to a mountain in my hometowen to pray.. I'v known d mountain before now, I've prayed there several times, ppl go to d mountain D first day I went to d mountain to pray, I noticed a woman sweeping d mountain (people usually go to d mountain to pray.. U would always meet people there praying). I noticed that this particular woman was mentally unstable.. I could hear her speak to herself while sweeping.. Everybody seemed to know her, almost everyone that came exchanged greetings with her and some gave her money while leaving d mountain. She was also well dressed.. I had never met her in any of my previous visits to d mountain years back.
I started going to d mountain day after day to pray and I was always meeting d woman there (she doesn't live on d mountain, infact she used to leave d mountain before. I left most time). But she's really unstable mentally, anyone could tell) she doesn't look it though, but she says funny things while speaking to hersef, but when she talks with others.. She makes sense, u can never teell she's got such problem. I also noticed everyone calls her "iya adura" (prayer mother).
Then on d 24th of dec (this year) precisely, I went to d mountain as usual to pray, I met d woman sweeping d mountain, it was about 5pm, she was getting ready to leave. There was another man also but the man eventually left the woman and I at d mountain.after sweeping she wanted to get her scarf that was close to where I sat.. Then I greeted her, she responded.. Her usual response to ppl when thEy greet her is "adura a gab" (ur prayers shall be answered). Then she turned to me after a while and told me to fast for 3 days..she said she saw a door that was opened unto me, a hand was blocking d door but d hand was cut off...d room was filled with good things, a lot of things were there but there was just one thing I needed that I don't have, also for me to put my trust in God all d time.. She told me not to ever put my trust in human beings cos they can fail but God never fails. She also told me no enter into a joint business with anybody cos I'd be disapoointed or duped.. This is so true abt me, d woman was spot on. When d woman was leaving d mountain, I gave her a token.. Actually I didn't have much on me at that particular time cos I only went to pray. D money I gave her twenty naira cos that was wat I could spare that moment. Wat I had left was fare to get home. D woman told me "ur prayers shall be answred" (as usual).and she told me I would give her better money next time we meet.
I fasted for 3 days (dry fasting) no food, no water, no fruit (from 25th - 27h). Few hours I broke d fast.
I got a phone call from a friend who is based in germany that he wanted to send. Tipper and a golf car and he wants me to sell them.
I got a call from a business partner in india, he was having problem getting funds from his bank for a business we hope to do frm feb - june 2013. D loan was approved on d 27th.
My relationship was also restored peacefully.
Someone I was owing money called me for a lucrative biz, (d money I owe him, its not much though, but a debt is a debt)
I received some unexpected monies into my acct (some supplies biz I did a long time ago). It was like a dream.
The book I wrote on "cashew nuts trading" pulled d highest sales in a single day on d 27th (yesterday)
All this happened in a single day.
I still received some great news today.

Back to my question
Who should I pay my tithe.. The woman or church?
I've heard sermons in church where d pastor said tithe belongs to God and it should be brougth to the church.. His place of worship.
On d other I think since d woamn takes care of d mountain where ppl also go to pray and worship.. Should I give her d tithe? Although I have it in mind to settle her some money seperately aside from d tithe. Even if I give her d tithe, I would still givr offering.

Pls advise o...
Pls give ur thought on this issue.. Am really confused

Thanks
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by berylLOL(f): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2012
Malachi 3:10. If you really wanna show the woman some appreciation, can't you just give her another token which is not your tithe?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by Joagbaje(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Pay your tithe to God in your church and . Sow seed to the woman's life. period.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje: Pay your tithe to God in your church and . Sow seed to the woman's life. period.
Which portion of the scripture is this found and wo really are the church?

You tithe mongers would never cease to amaze me.

@op

It is okay for you to FREELY give 10 percent of your earnings to the said woman if you deem it so.Tithing is no longer compulsory under the new covenant.

Even in the OT tithes were also paid to the poor,orphans,strangers and widows and not just to the levites

You can read up deut 14:22-29 to get background info on the true principle of tithing.

You can also give to God by giving to such peopple like this woman and not just by giving to pastors
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2012
@Lomzy1
As a christian you are not oblige to tithe, however you can give as you purpose in your heart. You are not under any obligation to even give to the church. What i would suggest to you is that you give as the spirit leads you. Decide in your heart how you want to give.

ps:malachi 3:10 that is often quoted to deceive christians into tithing is not applicable to christians and does not even refer to tithing of income or money.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by God2man(m): 9:23am On Dec 29, 2012
lomzy1: Great ppl of nairalad. I really need ur honest opinion on the issue of tithing.
My story.
Am not a regular tithe payer or a regular church goer. But av paid tithe several times.
Anytime am faced with a problem, or in great need of divine favour, uncertainties in business etc.. I usually run to God for help and answers. I'd start to attend church services, revivals n pray fervently @ home. Although am not too religious either but I strongly believe in God, through Jesus Christ.
Recently, I was experiencing difficulties in my relationship, finances, family... Everything was indeed turning upside down.
So I decided to isolate myself frm d world and turn to God. I needed some quiet time with God. There was no way I could do that in lagos, so I traveled to my hometown.. I was alone in d whole house with a very big compound.. Then I started with a 3 day fasting (6am - 6pm). After almost 10 days.. Things were not getting any better, but I was still hoping on God for mercies.
Then one day I decided to go to a mountain in my hometowen to pray.. I'v known d mountain before now, I've prayed there several times, ppl go to d mountain D first day I went to d mountain to pray, I noticed a woman sweeping d mountain (people usually go to d mountain to pray.. U would always meet people there praying). I noticed that this particular woman was mentally unstable.. I could hear her speak to herself while sweeping.. Everybody seemed to know her, almost everyone that came exchanged greetings with her and some gave her money while leaving d mountain. She was also well dressed.. I had never met her in any of my previous visits to d mountain years back.
I started going to d mountain day after day to pray and I was always meeting d woman there (she doesn't live on d mountain, infact she used to leave d mountain before. I left most time). But she's really unstable mentally, anyone could tell) she doesn't look it though, but she says funny things while speaking to hersef, but when she talks with others.. She makes sense, u can never teell she's got such problem. I also noticed everyone calls her "iya adura" (prayer mother).
Then on d 24th of dec (this year) precisely, I went to d mountain as usual to pray, I met d woman sweeping d mountain, it was about 5pm, she was getting ready to leave. There was another man also but the man eventually left the woman and I at d mountain.after sweeping she wanted to get her scarf that was close to where I sat.. Then I greeted her, she responded.. Her usual response to ppl when thEy greet her is "adura a gab" (ur prayers shall be answered). Then she turned to me after a while and told me to fast for 3 days..she said she saw a door that was opened unto me, a hand was blocking d door but d hand was cut off...d room was filled with good things, a lot of things were there but there was just one thing I needed that I don't have, also for me to put my trust in God all d time.. She told me not to ever put my trust in human beings cos they can fail but God never fails. She also told me no enter into a joint business with anybody cos I'd be disapoointed or duped.. This is so true abt me, d woman was spot on. When d woman was leaving d mountain, I gave her a token.. Actually I didn't have much on me at that particular time cos I only went to pray. D money I gave her twenty naira cos that was wat I could spare that moment. Wat I had left was fare to get home. D woman told me "ur prayers shall be answred" (as usual).and she told me I would give her better money next time we meet.
I fasted for 3 days (dry fasting) no food, no water, no fruit (from 25th - 27h). Few hours I broke d fast.
I got a phone call from a friend who is based in germany that he wanted to send. Tipper and a golf car and he wants me to sell them.
I got a call from a business partner in india, he was having problem getting funds from his bank for a business we hope to do frm feb - june 2013. D loan was approved on d 27th.
My relationship was also restored peacefully.
Someone I was owing money called me for a lucrative biz, (d money I owe him, its not much though, but a debt is a debt)
I received some unexpected monies into my acct (some supplies biz I did a long time ago). It was like a dream.
The book I wrote on "cashew nuts trading" pulled d highest sales in a single day on d 27th (yesterday)
All this happened in a single day.
I still received some great news today.

Back to my question
Who should I pay my tithe.. The woman or church?
I've heard sermons in church where d pastor said tithe belongs to God and it should be brougth to the church.. His place of worship.
On d other I think since d woamn takes care of d mountain where ppl also go to pray and worship.. Should I give her d tithe? Although I have it in mind to settle her some money seperately aside from d tithe. Even if I give her d tithe, I would still givr offering.

Pls advise o...
Pls give ur thought on this issue.. Am really confused

Thanks
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by Joagbaje(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2012
God2man

Your post is missing. You only quoted the op
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by Joagbaje(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44:

I shouldn't be the focus of your post . If you have something to contribute do it.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by lomzy1(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2012
berylLOL: Malachi 3:10. If you really wanna show the woman some appreciation, can't you just give her another token which is not your tithe?

Thanks for ur comments.. In my post I did say I would still give her something even if I give her d tithe. Am yet to read d verse u quoted cos am on d road now. Will check it up later.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by lomzy1(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44:

@op

It is okay for you to FREELY give 10 percent of your earnings to the said woman if you deem it so.Tithing is no longer compulsory under the new covenant.

Even in the OT tithes were also paid to the poor,orphans,strangers and widows and not just to the levites

You can read up deut 14:22-29 to get background info on the true principle of tithing.

You can also give to God by giving to such peopple like this woman and not just by giving to pastors

Interesting.. Thanks, I'l check d verse quoted.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

I shouldn't be the focus of your post . If you have something to contribute do it.

I wanted you to educate me by showing me portions of the scriptures which stipulates that tithes should be paid to 'church'(pastors) alone.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by lomzy1(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje: Pay your tithe to God in your church and . Sow seed to the woman's life. period.

Tnx bro.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by God2man(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2012

Besides, if you want to buy something to meet the need of the prayer mountain, buy it, it is good, it will make you to remember the goodness of the Lord.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise by lomzy1(m): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2012
God2man:

Besides, if you want to buy something to meet the need of the prayer mountain, buy it, it is good, it will make you to remember the goodness of the Lord.

God bless you.

God2man.

Buying something for d prayer mountain is a vow I made on d mountain. That may not be anytime soon cos I plan to do something big there, in fact it would be an annual or quartely affair.
This tithe issue is just between the church n d woman.

(1) (Reply)

Priest Found Guilty Of Molesting 10-year-old Altar Boy / Awsome Supplication - Good For Everyone / Professor Stephen Hawking- Your Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.