Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? (19586 Views)

Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram / Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? / Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Frankiss44(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Cherechy: From what I understand from that chapter, only women who have shaved their heads should cover it while praying, for it is shameful. It says that the glory of a woman is in her hair and it has been given to her as a covering.
That's d part I'm interested in, sorry for diverting the thread. So pentecostals that go to church with their hair uncovered are actually right. I cover my hair to church because of the doctrine of my church and not because its biblical. Shikena

GBAM.... You dey enter class
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Koolking(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
vicoson: Read 1 cor. 11:4-11

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Koolking(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju: So that their cap will not fall when they are dancing....

Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!Guy, you almost killed me with this flash image. This dance is upgraded Ozonto
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by remmyton(f): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Joagbaje: I don't think he issue of wearing cap or removing cap is relevant in christian faith. Married women. Covered their faces in public in bible days as a form of respect and submission to their husband while men also covered their head as a form of respect and submission to God. But now in christ ,the covering of the face of the man is no longer required . That's the principle behind cap removal . It's to show that man no longer inferior before God. The head covering is no longer requiresd but this is different from cap wearing. Most people do it as a form of respect without understanding the principle behind it.

May ur days be long for such a good explanation

@op, men remove their cap as a sign of respect n nothing more. But on a more sincere note, do u feel comfortable wearing a cap inside a room, I am sure u don't, so I suggest u leave things u don't understand to rest.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Sleek05(f): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
DaWhiz: I don't believe its in the Bible or its a sin. Truth is, its a sign of respect in the Yoruba culture (and I think in some other Naija cultures too) to remove your cap when you're relating to an elder. So basically, people do it to show their respect to Baba God. But if you sincerely don't believe in it, I don't think its a big deal. IMHO

Jus wat I wanted 2 say. It is just a sign of reverence. Some men remove dia caps wen dey r about 2 speak wit elders! It shows reverence and respect, more lyk culture mixed with religion.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by akay48(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
igbsam:
Dang! I remember this video! This guy got me laughing and rolling hard on the floor. You need to see his dancing steps.
The dude is a good stepper. Am sure pastor must be proud to have an entertainer in his ministry. But all this dancing
Just to go and drop N5 (5 naira) for an Offering. grin

lol...that video tho...talkin about the N5 he dropped, i think his dance covered 4 his little offerin...that dance is worth more than N50,000 to me...grin...WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON MY SOUL, I'LL DANCE LIKE DAVID DANCED'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by DANILSA(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2012

NMUO OKIJA WILL NOT KILL ME IN NL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by hardbody: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
akay_47:

lol...that video tho...talkin about the N5 he dropped, i think his dance covered 4 his little offerin...that dance is worth more than N50,000 to me...grin...WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON MY SOUL, I'LL DANCE LIKE DAVID DANCED'

I have no issues with you dancing like David, but as for this video, that guy is not completely correct upstairs. It is an old video and i used to have the history behind it.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Moyola(f): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
cheesy @ dance. . .blesshim!
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by 2million1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
the bible didn't say so. It's just a sign of RESPECT.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by YOMIT(m): 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
DaWhiz:

Read the Bible again, and go study the Jewish culture, this was more of a cultural thing.

Oga calm down even the Jews don't remove their caps while in synagogue.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by 2nedo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
I can remember last time d pope visited naija d bembe cap waz on his head while praying.hin no c am 4 bible?i wonder how some things are done at times.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Elgaxton(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
It is church tradition. Read 1 Cor 11:4-16

Excerpts:

4. A man dishonors his head if he covers his head while praying or prophesying.......

........16. But if anyone wants to argue about this, I simply say that we have no other custom than this, and neither do God’s other churches.

Well, verse 16 actually shows that it doesn't count, whether you cover your head or not God is more interested in your human spirit.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Emphasis on the bolded part.

Thank you!
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by semit: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
it's biblical
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by SPIFF(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
In my church, Latter Rain Assembly, you are permitted to either wear your cap. BTW, If men are to remove their caps what happens to Bishops and the Pope.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by pheyiechemie: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
[quote author=Cherechy]From what I understand from that chapter, only women who have shaved their heads should cover it while praying, for it is shameful. It says that the glory of a woman is in her hair and it has been given to her as a covering.
That's d part I'm interested in, sorry for diverting the thread. So pentecostals that go to church with their hair uncovered are actually right. I cover my hair to church because of the doctrine of my church and not because its biblical. Shikena[/quote

I understand it to be that if a woman cannot cover hair, then she should shave it, if she is ashamed to have her hair shaved, then she should cover it. But then its just for married women. That's my own understanding sha.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Zet72(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2012

tongue

who ,what brings this vulture here ,they is no dead meat here ,u get it ...
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by pheyiechemie: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
YOMIT:
Oga calm down even the Jews don't remove their caps while in synagogue.

That is the jewish tradition but a CHRISTIAN JEW would remove his cap
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by suntex95(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
vicoson: Read 1 cor. 11:4-11
. Dats very correct
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by ijawkid(m): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2012

Lmaoooo.......I don die finish for laugh....lol
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Zet72: tongue
who ,what brings this vulture here ,they is no dead meat here ,u get it ...

Umunne gi bu Udene...

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by expertfingers(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked......waiting for quote from corinthians thereafter......wahala dey oo......... cheesy

lol. It will be awkward justifying why it applies to man and not to woman.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
This thread is already on the front page, Lord! Okay, where is Image123 to discuss this subject since KJV had contributed so much to your confusion, grin......I hope am not bullying this time, shocked
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Christianity is a sham. They need to remove everything not only cap.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by searay(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Goshen360:
1 Corinthians 11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

7 For a man ought not to wear anything on his head [in church], for he is the image and [reflected] glory of God [[a]his function of government reflects the majesty of the divine Rule]; but woman is [the expression of] man’s glory (majesty, preeminence).
What about the Arch Bishops?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^^ It's not me you should be asking that kweshion, it's Image123...he was that the first to comment on this thread and said, because the bible says so. I only helped to quote from a very clear translation and demanded the discussion should start.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
2nedo: I can remember last time d pope visited naija d bembe cap waz on his head while praying.hin no c am 4 bible?i wonder how some things are done at times.
the bishops (including the pope) of the catholic church do remove their caps during mass. For most part of the mass, he puts on his skull cap and removes his mitre. But when it comes to the prayer of consecration, which the bread and wine are to become the body and blood of christ, he removes the skull cap leaving nothing on his head.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by raynold17(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
sign of respect.. do you put on your cap while talking to your dad or an elder.. in church your presenting yourself to God who is greater than all, so you also show respect..
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by raynold17(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
all4naija: Christianity is a sham. They need to remove everything not only cap.
Islam is a terrorist group..
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
raynold17 :
Islam is a terrorist group..
Yes! Islam is a religion of Hypocrites. I am Atheist. You are just being myopic to think I am Muslim.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by anonymous419: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
2nedo: I can remember last time d pope visited naija d bembe cap waz on his head while praying.hin no c am 4 bible?i wonder how some things are done at times.

bcuz d pope does it, doesnt mean it is ryt, I'm sure the pope exaults himself, we live in dangerous time, even the popes are not to b trusted.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by mikron(m): 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
It's following a biblical tradition.
In the Christian New Testament, in Paul's letter to the Corinthians (1 Corinthians chapter 11) it says:

"Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God".

Paul's views often follow Judaic law very closely -- not surprising, since he grew up as a Pharisee. Certainly, the instruction for women to cover their hair turns up in Genesis.
so @OP na bible talk am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Stop Boko Haram: Tawiah To TB Joshua / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.