Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? (5543 Views)

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. / What Does Bible Say About Dating And Courting / Does Bible Refer Itself As The Book Of ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by losak9111(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
"He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-"........................ (Isaiah 33:15-20).
Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by 3direct: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
You r asking.. and you asnwer.. ok

Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by losak9111(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
If u know more pls add it,let us learn pls

1 Like

Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
Amo 5:12-14 For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right. 13 Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time. 14 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

1 Like

Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by xtgozie(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
<< Matthew 5:25 >>

"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.

1 Like

Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by Rossikk(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
"A secret gift calms anger; a bribe under the table pacifies fury."

Proverbs 21:14 (NLT)

''In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these: the righteous perishing in their righteousness, and the wicked living long in their wickedness. Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise— why destroy yourself?''

Ecclesiastes 7:15-16

''A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.''

Proverbs 18:16

'God' Bribed Abraham by promising to bless Abraham and make Abraham’s descendants a great nation and to give Abraham and his family the land of Canaan (Genesis 12:1-7).

'Jesus' Bribed His Hearers. He bribed people, not with money, but with the assurance of eternal life/salvation/treasure in heaven to get people to obey ''God'’s commandments (Matthew 19:16-26), to give alms to the poor (Matthew 6:3-4), to pray and fast (Matthew 6:7-18), to repent (Matthew 4:17) to be baptized with water and in the Spirit (John 3:5, 6:53), and to believe in 'Jesus' (John 3:16). See my “What Must I Do to Be Saved?” Freethought Perspective, Volume 3, (Number 8, April 2003) pp. 2-3; reprinted in my Sweet Jesus, Volume Two, pp. 175-179, published in 2004 by The Flatwoods Free Press, 750 Lum Fife Road, Gordo, AL 35466-3357.

cool cool
Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
^^^@Rossikk,

Thanks for bringing that up. King Solomon said all that because he was talking from experience and wisdom of handling worldly issues! However, it still doesn't still change the fact that the Lord hates bribery, corruption and injustice with passion!! The world is given in the hands of the wicked (Job 9:24), so the wisdom of handling worldly things is always different from the wisdom of doing godly things! Same Solomon says:

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Also the Prophet Habakkuk said:

Habakkuk 1:4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.
Re: What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? by losak9111(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
My son if sinner entice u,do not consent

(1) (Reply)

“jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican / The Evolution Of Yahweh The God Of The Jews. / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.