Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 (8996 Views)

The Most Industrialised State In Nigeria / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 04, 2012
I think the 2020 date is feasible, only if the governments in Nigeria (federal and state) and the private sector would need to invest heavily in the following areas:Road transport- about $12 billion; Rail transport- $1 billion; Aviation- $2 billion; Electricity- $20 billion and; $2 billion in secondary and tertiary education.That is a total of $37 billion. I'm afraid that the majority of posters here are right; it would indeed take a miracle for such investments to be made in the next 7 years.

These estimates exclude the ongoing developments of Eko Atlantic City, several IPPs, Lekki Free Trade Zone, Ibaka Deep SeaPort and other developments that started before the year 2013.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by OneNaira6: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2012
Op is this a serious article or is this a comedy?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 04, 2012
One_Naira: Op is this a serious article or is this a comedy?

It's a serious article o. It is not an Onion piece cool
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Lamasta(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan: I think the 2020 date is feasible, only if the governments in Nigeria (federal and state) and the private sector would need to invest heavily in the following areas:Road transport- about $12 billion; Rail transport- $1 billion; Aviation- $2 billion; Electricity- $20 billion and; $2 billion in secondary and tertiary education.That is a total of $37 billion. I'm afraid that the majority of posters here are right; it would indeed take a miracle for such investments to be made in the next 7 years.

These estimates exclude the ongoing developments of Eko Atlantic City, several IPPs, Lekki Free Trade Zone, Ibaka Deep SeaPort and other developments that started before the year 2013.

You forgot to include how much will be stole from the project even if the miracle could ever come to pass.
Remember the $12.8B oil windfall and the $16B electricity project all are unforseen hope and empty written contract, what we just need is a complete turnaround of the system where the old wine will be thrown away together with the bottle and new wine brougth in which are the vibrant, merited and capable young individuals who can get the job done without sentiments.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by 1025: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2012
does it mean there will still be nigeria by 2020? liar. even if there will be nigeria then, what will happen to corruption and pdp? enough of these useless hopes here and there.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by AjanleKoko: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan: I think the 2020 date is feasible, only if the governments in Nigeria (federal and state) and the private sector would need to invest heavily in the following areas:Road transport- about $12 billion; Rail transport- $1 billion; Aviation- $2 billion; Electricity- $20 billion and; $2 billion in secondary and tertiary education.That is a total of $37 billion. I'm afraid that the majority of posters here are right; it would indeed take a miracle for such investments to be made in the next 7 years.

You'd probably need something like $350bn to actualize these developments. What with our profligiate, patronage-based and corruption-riddled political system, dwindling oil output, and global recession, we are not likely to find that kinda money.

People should just stop all this 'washing'. It's scandalous and embarassing.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by nagoma(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
coolzeal:

damn!!! thought i was arguing with someone reasonable. dude, what has desert got to do with this post. Am out.

To be fair to the OP he said "dessert" and not "desert" as you reported. But I am not sure how you can be stranded in a dessert - the sweet end of meal serving.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by anulaxad(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
One_Naira: Op is this a serious article or is this a comedy?

loooool comedy of course unless i become in power grin kiss cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by RanchOwner: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
If this is coming from Goldman Sachs, let us be careful.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
RanchOwner: If this is coming from Goldman Sachs, let us be careful.

Yeah, Goldman Sachs is a thoroughly discredited institution.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by ebere1712: 4:37am On Dec 05, 2012
We don't need devils to tell us about the future of our nations. Stay away from metu you devils.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by koforeis: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2013
Mr you dont have the credibility to tell nigerians these.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by TSRC: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
hahahaha
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by stonemasonn: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
RUGA industrialization.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by RS411(f): 6:09am On Nov 24, 2020
OneNaira6:
Op is this a serious article or is this a comedy?

Turns out to be a comedy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happened To The 40 Laptop Crew / Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation Of Auxiliary Complex For Enugu Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.