Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 (8736 Views)

How To Get Wireless Internet Access On A Laptop? / One Billion People Have Internet Access. / To Create Broadband Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by PapaBrowne(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're running on generator eh? Tell me something, you and all these other goats that have been typing nonsense here. Are you the only ones using generator in Nigeria? You have no shame. A whole man like you has set up an entire vehicle manufacturing plant that's now supplying various govts and businesses across the land, with top class vehicles. In this same Nigeria. Not in Japan. Not in Germany. HERE, in Naija. He set it up, and is making massive profits, using the same generator that you're using. Same as millions of other businesses in the country. Meanwhile you're online now, typing dust on NL, wasting your generator money, when you could be using the opportunity to fashion your own multi-million dollar Nigerian 'Amazon.com' or 'facebook'.

But then again, much easier to blame your slackness on generator. grin

On point. On point. In the same Nigeria where many graduates are complaining of no jobs, I know of a woman who has a mamaput joint and sells over 80,000naira daily. I know of a purported motor park tout who started a transport company(Agofure)and today has over 1000 buses with sales of over 20 million Naira daily. I know of young people that start with nothing, go through the grind and make something out of nothing.
Nigeria is filled with opportunities and many people see it and take advantage. Others, many of whom are graduates, sit down and wait for government to call them for the next job interview. They will keep waiting and complaining about no eletricity. They will complain about the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. They will attribute success to voodoo. Look around you and you will see businesses doing very well despite the hardship that surrounds it all!!

We need to stop complaining and start thinking. We need to start seeking to convert the numerous problems in society to amazing opportunities. We need to stop thinking job opportunities and start thinking entrepreneurship. It starts by seeking to add value to society.

The internet is a leveller. It gives Seun Osewa the same opportunities that Mark Zuckerberg has. Many Nigerians, rather than think up how we can create solutions with with the internet would rather blog to get $200 from adsense monthly. We need a rethink. One that focuses our energies on creating solution and adding value as against making money!!

1 Like

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
PapaBrowne:

On point. On point. In the same Nigeria where many graduates are complaining of no jobs, I know of a woman who has a mamaput joint and sells over 80,000naira daily. I know of a purported motor park tout who started a transport company(Agofure)and today has over 1000 buses with sales of over 20 million Naira daily. I know of young people that start with nothing, go through the grind and make something out of nothing.
Nigeria is filled with opportunities and many people see it and take advantage. Others, many of whom are graduates, sit down and wait for government to call them for the next job interview. They will keep waiting and complaining about no eletricity. They will complain about the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. They will attribute success to voodoo. Look around you and you will see businesses doing very well despite the hardship that surrounds it all!!

We need to stop complaining and start thinking. We need to start seeking to convert the numerous problems in society to amazing opportunities. We need to stop thinking job opportunities and start thinking entrepreneurship. It starts by seeking to add value to society.

The internet is a leveller. It gives Seun Osewa the same opportunities that Mark Zuckerberg has. Many Nigerians, rather than think up how we can create solutions with with the internet would rather blog to get $200 from adsense monthly. We need a rethink. One that focuses our energies on creating solution and adding value as against making money!!
I beg to disagree...i'll address your assertions later.
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
Area_boy: 256 kbps no be internet oh. Na torture
Are you sure you know what you are saying?
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:

This guy you're very funny. grin grin What is there to disagree with in what the bobo wrote? cool
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Godogwu: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
jackbauersballs:

I am NOT in Nigeria...

...Id1ot...

Then F U C K I N G get lost!!!...bye now smiley
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Godogwu: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
naijathings: Such news is always BIG NEWS in a backward 3rd world country where most of the citizens and illegal immigrants (NIGER REPUBLIC) will never touch a computer till they die while some others get to touch it for the first time at the age of 20 and above. it is sad to see that many Nigerian internet users have only used the internet on a phone and not a proper computer. more sad to note that their internet usage is limited to facebook, 2go and BB. LMAO. some of those with proper hi-tech knowledge of how to use the internet and many short cut keys use it for evil than they use it for good. in a country where you can not walk on the road with your laptop without attracting attention of robbers and police and you better have your bail money in your pocket when going to a cyber cafe.. Anyway, congratulations to the 60 million people who are about to get access to this old thing. by the way, i thought someone said the world would end this year.

Why did you actually comment?
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by hackman90: 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Who would gv the 60million laptops and phones cause i cnt imagine how they came across dis figure "60million" that should be all most the nigerians but nt reali cause we are 160million in population.omg so i would be experiencing the worst speed of ma internet and the price of bundle would increase,scammers,yahooboys.WTF *GOES BACK TO ENJOY MA INTERNET FOR THE REMAINING 29DAYS BEFORE NEXT YEAR*
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by zikclassiq(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

How did you manage to type your garbage without power?
i wonder o!
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Vincent41(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE: By next year internet access in Nigeria would be approaching 60 million, according to the latest studies. If that is not an opportunity for all kinds of business start-ups with limitless potential, I don't know what is.

http://www.mobileworldmag.com/nigeria-to-have-direct-internet-access-in-2013.html
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by zikclassiq(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
hackman90: Who would gv the 60million laptops and phones cause i cnt imagine how they came across dis figure "60million" that should be all most the nigerians but nt reali cause we are 160million in population.omg so i would be experiencing the worst speed of ma internet and the price of bundle would increase,scammers,yahooboys.WTF *GOES BACK TO ENJOY MA INTERNET FOR THE REMAINING 29DAYS BEFORE NEXT YEAR*
how u tink sef? Mtn has over 45 million subscribers alone, does it mean they all have 45million laptops? Every service provider can determin how many subscriber fones can browse(4ur info.)
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by buchito1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
SHM!!! We neva even see lite!!! Frm 2010 to 2013!!! Chai!!! E go beta 4 naija!!! angry
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by UNLEASHED(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

How did you manage to type your garbage without power?

At last, the daftest comment of the year

1 Like

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by PapaBrowne(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Its Ok. I'm waiting....
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Godogwu: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
UNLEASHED:

At last, the daftest comment of the year

I'm sorry for you, if you actually think you're smart.
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Revolva(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
See dem no no say 2013 is next month - na today we already have internet I beg we want electricity ooo nigeria and jigbiti
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by RedLight1: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Agbgift:

I will take dis as a complement nd nt an insult. God Bless u.
and u too dear.. No hard feeling
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Caseless: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
ROSSIKE, pls this is not the way to go about being patriotic, Just look at the question you asked? Are you not aware that majority of Nigerians now run on generators?
tell him....i dont knw where he typed that post from. What rawbish.....
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Caseless: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
igbsam:
Them pack 14days fufu for your skull in replacement of your brain ? Don't you think he might be typing from his smartphone ? which he already charged with his Generator ? I wonder how some people dey reason sef. angry
tel am....i wan faint with laff here.
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2012

My Tech viewers:
Before y'all leave. I'll like to announce that Miss Nairaland Dec. 2012 is taking place by 10pm today!(Nigerian time)

Vote for [size=16pt]abiL and ItsModella.[/size] There will be a brief introduction and pictures of these two candidates on the thread.
Do you want to hear their platform?? contact me @ campaignmanager.com.

MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT, VOTE abiL or ItsModella!!! Thanks for your support!

Please don't quote this comment, u can address by ID-Shollypopz smiley
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by vocalgrim: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Most of you need to be sent to Ben Carson. This post is to make Nigerians aware of the great opportunity to make money through the internet. Depearl, dressrite, tafoo, sabunta, 3stiches, buylaptopsnigeria.com, coolbeans, slotlimited.com, lindaikeji, and even nairaland are few examples for you numbnuts. If there is one thing you should be talking about here...it should be how the government can make the internet safe for online shoppers ...also most nigerians access the internet through their phones and not via computer kai!

1 Like

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by flexya: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Its propaganda. I am sure there r over 60million mobile phone subscribers in Nija. Each subscriber has internet access, even if he is using the lowest grade Techno or usin Odua Onet as the network company. Whether the subscriber chooses 2 access or indeed av the IT skills 2 connect is another matter entirely. So what they r sayin is notin new. However, what will be new is havin internt connection in over 60M homes or even just 6M homes! Majority of ppl I know av mobile or workplace connectivity

Off topic, what was the benefit gained from all those fibre optic cables that were been laid in evry nook and cranny a few years ago? Wasn't it meant 2 bring broadband (or at least any form of internet access) nearer ppls homes
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by flexya: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Its propaganda. I am sure there r over 60million mobile phone mobile phone subscribers in Nija. Each subscriber has internet access, even if he is using the lowest grade Techno or usin Odua Onet as the network company. So what they r sayin is notin new. However, what will be new is havin internt connection in over 60M homes.

Off topic, what was the benefit gained from all those fibre optic cables that were been laid in evry nook and cranny a few years ago? Wasn't it meant 2 bring broadband (or at least any form of internet access) nearer ppls homes
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by lekkie073(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
we yaff yia o:
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by RedLight1: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
what exactly is the meaning of this post?
naijathings: [b]Such news is always BIG NEWS in a backward 3rd world country where most of the citizens and illegal immigrants (NIGER REPUBLIC) will never touch a computer till they die while some others get to touch it for the first time at the age of 20 and above.
so we should go and kill ourselves because we were born in 3rd world country huh?

it is sad to see that many Nigerian internet users have only used the internet on a phone and not a proper computer. more sad to note that their internet usage is limited to facebook, 2go and BB. LMAO.
i guess u have never being outta the country then, majority of people prefer socializing on mobile phone than computer, besides some phone are more expensive than computer, if thats what u are trying to say, so how is this a bad new?

some of those with proper hi-tech knowledge of how to use the internet and many short cut keys use it for evil than they use it for good.
[quote]
so its only in nigeria or 3rd world countries that uses internet for evil right? so who hack, scam, etc on computers in ur 1st world countries are angels... is this an inferiority complex of what?

[quote]
in a country where you can not walk on the road with your laptop without attracting attention of robbers and police and you better have your bail money in your pocket when going to a cyber cafe.. Anyway, congratulations to the 60 million people who are about to get access to this old thing. by the way, i thought someone said the world would end this year. [/b]
loads of garbage, go to uk and get bitchslapped by someone that just wanna snatch ur bold 5. or get gunned down by someone that is trying to steal 200pounds from u... i wonder why africans feels so inferior eww

2 Likes

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by cap28: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
but still living in sub standard accomodation
still existing without constant electricity and drinkable running water,

still dying in droves due to terrible and substandard health care

still driving on death trap roads and still buying petrol at the same price as people in america despite the fact that nigerian minimum wage is less than a fraction of waht anyone in the western world earns.

..........talk about misplaced priorities............

1 Like

Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by bory09(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
ROSSIKE, pls this is not the way to go about being patriotic, Just look at the question you asked? Are you not aware that majority of Nigerians now run on generators?
is ur generator really working. Abi you are the type that wait for nepa to bring light before they charge their phone.
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by funtanherb(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
caseless: 60 million nigerians i'm sure are without power...so na internet access we go come get? Scam!
Brother you are very correct and Nigerians like utopian promise
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by deolumike(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

grin grin grin My brother na wa o. Is there an intelligence deficit on this forum? undecided undecided
. Guy, what is the matter with you? Is it that you are being insensitive or just plain conceited. People are raising a fundamental issue which may undermine the great prospect that should attend this new development and you are just insulting them. It is a cardinal function of govt to provide electricity. If it fails to do that, it deserves due critism. You may not be aware that many people cannot afford to keep running their generators for as long as PHCN electricity should run, you must know how difficult it is to get pms in some places. Currently, there are long queues in gas stations in certain places around the country (we've always had that in this country and God knows when it will end). Given the inimical circumstances, you still expect people to jump for joy because there 'might' be easier access to the internet by 60mmillion Nigerians. You've got to be more objective and realisitic. No offence meant.
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Does that mean more scam mails in my inbox? America and the rest of the world take note!
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by debsjoat(m): 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
naijathings: half of Nigeria is going to get internet by next year!!
oh my God I am so excited that i piss all over this thread.

ehhm... excuse me.. are you saying they are going to add 60million people to those of us that have had it for years or you are saying the govt is planning on building giant internet cafes for the aboki people and fulani so they too can have internet access. forgive me say i no read the write up i only read the topic because no time. please write the write up here again.

*continues pissing on the thread* grin

Guy, you're a serious case,must U̶̲̥̅̊ be a pest while passing ur comment! Seriously, u guys should stop being ..... Anyway,its an additional fun to the wall.
I guess that's why I love reading the comment part of nairaland posts.
To the garri ppl. what does garri has to do with powering (electricity), I guess U̶̲̥̅̊ just want to disturb Seun and call ur fellow "G***i" lovers to come on board ni.
Internet or no internet, if power is not involved Nigeria's probs can not be solve because; that's the prime setback to the nation. I stand to be corrected anyway!
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by 2kurupt(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ada Nri1: Internet access for underage children to start downloading X-rated materials

by your logic all buses, cars & aeroplanes should be banned because they increase the probability of accidents occurring right?

Better learn to be optimistic & look on the bright side
Re: 60 Million Nigerians To Have Internet Access By 2013 by Godogwu: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
deolumike: . Guy, what is the matter with you? Is it that you are being insensitive or just plain conceited. People are raising a fundamental issue which may undermine the great prospect that should attend this new development and you are just insulting them. It is a cardinal function of govt to provide electricity. If it fails to do that, it deserves due critism. You may not be aware that many people cannot afford to keep running their generators for as long as PHCN electricity should run, you must know how difficult it is to get pms in some places. Currently, there are long queues in gas stations in certain places around the country (we've always had that in this country and God knows when it will end). Given the inimical circumstances, you still expect people to jump for joy because there 'might' be easier access to the internet by 60mmillion Nigerians. You've got to be more objective and realisitic. No offence meant.

how many people actually run their generators 24/7? NONE!!! because there is electricity. In some places 22 hours a day, some 16, some 10, some 5..... it just depends. The glaring fact is that a huge amount of people on this forum would rather hear "Only the rich have internet access" or "Nigeria's internet access ranked as the worst in Africa", than what this post is about. Power generation in Nigeria has never been better in the past years and it didn't disturb the growth and development of Nigeria. I am not saying constant power is unnecessary but Nigerians should make do with what they have now because the issue of stable power supply will soon be an old story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clean Apple Macbook Pro Core I5, 8GB Ram 500gb Hdd 7hours Backup At Cheap Price / Dell Latitude E5420 320GB Core I5 4gb Ram — N65k (Giveaway Price) / I Need A Direct Link To Download Adobe Fuse + The Crack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.