Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

No Single Street Light On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Working! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Single Street Light On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Working! (556 Views)

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) / Gej Banners Defaced With Paint On 3rd Mainland Bridge(pix). / Niger Bridge Is Falling! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Single Street Light On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Working! by tolex29(f): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Each time I notice something like this it annoys me to the point of making my bones ache.

The Federal Government recently spent months working on the 3rd Mainland bridge; and maybe we, the general public, may not be able to physically assess the state of work they claim to have done. However, even a little child knows when the lights are out and the whole place is immersed in darkness. For Pete's sake, we use our headlights for vision when driving at night on the 3rd Mainland bridge 'cause not one single street light on the bridge is working. What kind of a nation is this? What kind of pitiless, dim-witted people are our so called leaders that just turn their bellies around and grow fat chicks with nothing in their heads, yet they claim to be old and experienced. They walk among the living but they have no heart, no conscience and are all evil-personified...sometimes I just wonder if these people ever think that they will die one day and account for all their deeds.

The public is not asking for you to share your loot with them; we don't need you to pay us weekly wages as citizens of the same land that you have exploited to enrich yourselves and families. Just put things in place for us. Put in place the necessary amenities to make life better for us, even if we will not end up as "Thieflonaires" like you. How can one person choose to deprive an entire nation just to pamper himself/herself and family? shocked

I don't know if it's the state or central government that is in charge, whoever is should just get those lights on the bridge working! Of all things, should we have to put up threads like this before the government gets common street lights to function If you claim not to be able to provide power for us in every home, so you cannot even provide solar street lights for us on our roads? And these politicians still come out in the open to talk and walk with pomp and pride shocked shocked

Nigeria is a blessed country; some Nigerians are the cursed!!
Re: No Single Street Light On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Working! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^ I feel your pain. That the Third Mainland Bridge is unlit at night is an utter disgrace. That's supposed to be the longest bridge in Africa isn't it?
Re: No Single Street Light On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Working! by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
It is total darkness on the bridge that was closed for 6 months, even pot holes are on some sections.

Yet our federal government said they spent billions of naira fixing the road, but nothing, absolutely nothing to show for it.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Robbers Of Fashola's Aide Held / Ex-kogi Governor, Abubakar Audu, Evades Arrest Over N4bn Fraud / Despite Sharia, Too Enticing To Ignore???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.