Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? (2286 Views)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / List Of Church Which Affect The Nation During Their Service Or Programme / Spending Easter In Hotel Or Church Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by domwas2(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2008
I've been far from church since i've started being on my own but i do have personal relationship with GOD though, now i wanted to be cls to God and be known with a church.
please what church will be ok
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by router(m): 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
If u really want to be close to God, then u need to be a M-uslim .
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by domwas2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2008
Thanks router for the reply but i'm ok being a christian, i said i do have a relationship with God that is much closer but i just wants to be known with a church, i dont even know which one to attend, thnks Pal
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by router(m): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
No problem, its just that there are so much churches today .Anyway i wish u success in getting a good one cool
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by toluxa1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
Don't Even think about it. Maintain you relationship with God.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2010
God is d owner of Heaven&earth.If u want to get to heaven,Maintain a good relationship with God while on earth&not church
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by estrella(f): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2010
It depends on where you are.if you are in lagos,abuja or kano,ask around for a church called WORD OF FAITH.Its pastored by Rev Kola Ewuosho and his wife Rev Mrs Funke Ewuosho.They have a programe on ACBN on sundays from 9.00am to 930am and on sundays on AIT from 3.00pm, you can check them out there if you like. In as much as you have a personal relationship with God,you should try and fellowhip with like minded people to help you stay strong in your walk wiht the Lord. you can call this number for any information or questions you might have about the curch. 08039266233;the name is David,
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Linusman(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
Let suggest good churches for you;
1. Catholic Church - If you have nothing against traditional Christianity.
2. Deeper life - If you have nothing against being absolute in you Christian life.
3. Jehovah Witness - If you can accept that Jesus is just a perfect man, not God.
You are strongly adviced to pick from one of these three or else, maintain status quo.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by ikhideman(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2010
If as you said, u already have a personal relationship with God, that means you believe that Jesus has already paid the sacrifice for our sins & you've been declared righteous.

Now to live a victorious Christian life, you need God's Word daily(study, hearing & putting it to use - James 1:22-25); I want to assume you study your bible (1 Peter 2:1), if u don't, u need to. But to guide you studying God's Word & know many sides of Him, you need to attend & belong to a Bible Believing & Faith based Church, were God's Word is taught UNDILUTED by Seasoned Men of God who have trained themselves unto godliness (1 Timothy 4:8,15); men of God upon whom the anointing that makes the teaching, preaching & understanding of God's Word easy.

Besides you need the assembly of the brethren (Hebrews 10:25)

I would recommend one of the following, depending on were u reside:

- Summit Bible Church - Garki, Abuja. thesummitbc.org
- Dunamis - Area 1, Abuja
- The Baptizing Church - Garki, Abuja & Lagos
- House on the Rock, the Refuge - Lagos & Abuja
- Covenant Word Christian Centre - Jos

There are many others (outside the above) which u can attend, but make sure its Bible Believing & Faith Based Church. By the time u start, you would discover u had been missing alot.

Cheers Brother, as I look forward to hearing good news from you & the new things you will get to know.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Whymee: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
estrella: It depends on where you are.if you are in lagos,abuja or kano,ask around for a church called WORD OF FAITH.Its pastored by Rev Kola Ewuosho and his wife Rev Mrs Funke Ewuosho.They have a programe on ACBN on sundays from 9.00am to 930am and on sundays on AIT from 3.00pm, you can check them out there if you like. In as much as you have a personal relationship with God,you should try and fellowhip with like minded people to help you stay strong in your walk wiht the Lord. you can call this number for any information or questions you might have about the curch. 08039266233;the name is David,

Good advertising agent.

All is business, why go far when your lord is near.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Oldpath(f): 5:51am On Apr 07, 2012
There are no names given to any of His servants in the bible to establish church for Him. We have turned His work to big business in which everybody is advertising his outfit.

If God is to used 1Cor. 1:10-13

"now i beseech you brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye ALL speak THESAME thing, and that there be NO DIVISIONS among you; but that ye be perfectly JOINED together in THESAME MIND AND IN THESAME JUDGEMENT.....

Are we speaking thesame thing?
Are there no divisions?
Are we perfecly join together in mind and judgement?

What is the name of Peter ministry? Or paul?
What of Moses and Elijah?

Those in the bible were ALL known as CHURCH OF GOD, can we say thesame about us today? Where was Peter's headquarters? Or other ministers of God in the Bible? How many building were erected by these ones?
Whatever we call churches today, does God call it churches or graveyards?
All our operations are contradicting and are also opposing the pure word of God.
Will He still use Bible to judge?

You are the church, study the word and obey it, dont go and swallow more poison, ask God to purge you of the one you had already swallowed.
He says we should not forsake the asembly of believers, NOT HYPOCRITES.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by olabode07: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
Come to catholic church it is the christ founded church

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by tos4u(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
There is this adage saying 'when d student is ready, d teacher appear' if truly u hav good relatnship wth God then, He would hav been leading u to a church, so trust tht humble voice within. notwithstanding, u may found pentecostal churches as redeem, deeper life, mountain of fire, etc. But pls pay more attentn to tht silent voice. U are being told some tin
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by God2man(m): 5:51am On Apr 09, 2012
You see, a good relationship with God is essential but the bible says we must forsake the assembly of one another, that is the church, you need to hear testimony for edification, you need to attend bible study, you need to fellowship with the children of God, and of course, you will need counselling from an exprience men of God, it is important.
Go on your knees now, call upon your God to reveal to you, the actual place where the spirit of God is dwelling, cry to God for direction on the place of worship he wants you to Join. If you need to do 3 days fasting and prayer to discover the right church you better do it, why? Some people have attended the wrong church and they have gone to hell.
A sinner in the right place and a righteous man in the wrong place belong to the same group. God bless you. God2man.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Tovino: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
domwas2:
I've been far from church since i've started being on my own but i do have personal relationship with GOD though, now i wanted to be cls to God and be known with a church.

Nobody survives alone. The scriptures says that we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

You can join the following list of churches
1. Living Faith Church AKA Winners Chapel
2. Redeemed Christian Church of God
3. Dominion City
4. Deeper Life Bible Church

Choose one and join for your spiritu growth.
Re: I Wanted To Be Known With A Church, Which One Of Them? by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
domwas2:
Open your Bible and let Jesus Christ tell you the Church that He in fact built for you to attend.... that is the church you should wing for. undecided

(1) (Reply)

When Was Jesus Born? / Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? / Religious Bodies Spend N2bn On Advert In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.