Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame (9558 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Jarus(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2012
GenBuhari: fame=Buhari

shame= Obasanjo
Tell us your reasons sir, which of course should be a 2012 event.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by VoodooDoll(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hall of Fame = Fashola (despite his many limitations the infrastructure growth in Lagos is extremely positive)

Hall of Shame = Doyin Okupe (no true words pass this man's mouth)
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 10, 2012
Fame= Buhari for persisting in his efforts to save the nation and announcing his intention to contest in 2015

Shame= Obasanjo for continually criticising GEJ who inherited ruins that he (Obasanjo) had left behind after looting the treasury dry and institutionalising corruption.
Jarus:
Tell us your reasons sir, which of course should be a 2012 event.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by honeric01(m): 10:43am On Dec 10, 2012
GenBuhari: Fame= Buhari for persisting in his efforts to save the nation and announcing his intention to contest in 2015

Pls when did it announce that and how's that important in 2012?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Tolexander: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
hall of fame- tanny hamman
hall of shame-odumegwu ojukwu
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
shame on you!
Ojukwu has passed on, may he R.I.P.

Tolexander: hall of fame- tanny hamman
hall of shame-odumegwu ojukwu
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Tolexander: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
GenBuhari: shame on you!
Ojukwu has passed on, may he R.I.P.

stop drooling!
Haven't you heard of posthumous award before?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Standing5(m): 1:34am On Dec 11, 2012
^^Lol.
@Jarus, will nomination of a particular figure or event for Hall of Shame cancel out nomination of same for Hall of Fame? I am eager to know.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by TheKingsQueen: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2012
Tolexander: stop drooling!
Haven't you heard of posthumous award before?
Thst should be if he performed the outstanding/ shameful act the same year before he died (as in, following the current Nairaland rule of course). But Ojukwu did b4 this year
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by ujchief(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hall of shame: Jarus, for distorting the politics section poster of the year, pdp style.
Hall of fame:... Brb for that wan.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by peckhamboi: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hall of Fame: Bakare

Hall of Shame: Jonathan
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Tolexander: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2012
The_King'sQueen:
Thst should be if he performed the outstanding/ shameful act the same year before he died (as in, following the current Nairaland rule of course). But Ojukwu did b4 this year
Just refering to the will that was read 2-3weeks ago
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by 4chi: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fame: modupe alakija
Shame: chinua Achebe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by jomogbomo: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
4chi: Fame: modupe alakija
Shame: chinua Achebe

This is what happens when you let a retard indulge in alcohol ethanol. . . .

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mod, is this thread nomination/ voting? What is the present standings of nominee?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by omanzo02: 11:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Shame:....... JARUS a.k.a Mauris Iwu. grin grin

Fame: ......... BEAF, Afam4, Ekt-Bear.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by samstradam: 3:30am On Dec 16, 2012
HALL OF FAME: Occupy Nigeria led by the SNG. People might say they didn’t achieve much; but history and God will remember they actually[u] ACTED[/u]; thus casting the first pebble that caused the ripples which revealed this monumental corruption we have come to accept.

HALL OF SHAME: In any normal year it should be Judas personified by FarCrooK; but honestly I cannot understate the lasting damage Professor Achebe inflicted on the last vestige of my AFRICAN SOUL with his vindictive memoirs. All I have to do is close my eyes recollecting my youthful days immersed in his works and how I promised no matter where I found myself that my children would be inspired like me with the AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY I thought his books evoked; but with eyes open I now know better and that brings me inconsolable sorrow. To think he could allow the scourge of the blackman (our legendary pettiness) prevail so easily over such a great legacy so close to its crystallisation; it’s pitiably funny because he now looks no better that any of his famed narrow minded characters or the leaders he loves to criticise.

So unfortunately after I buried my “AFRICAN”, Aluu and a 1000 FarCrook bribes meant less to me.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by 4chi: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2012
jomogbomo:

This is what happens when you let a retard indulge in alcohol ethanol. . . .
Igbo basta*d. It certainly shall not be well with you. Are you hurt cos I confined your crippled,senile, beret wearing ,mofo, asebe or ashiwere to the dustbin of history where he rightly belongs? An 80 year old fool who on his dying wheelchair still lies thru his teeth? He deserves a grave of shame in the Igbo evil forest.

5 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by GARRIx7(m): 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Oga Jarus: Abeg wetin be scores.....
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Pataki: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
Any update to when this is being rounded up or what is the latest update to whom is leading? undecided
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Jarus(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
FINAL POSITION FOR ROUND 1 (NOMINATION STAGE)

CURRENT STANDING

HALL OF FAME
1, Tunde Bakare - 27
2, Barth Nnaji - 15
3, OccupyNigeria Protesters - 10

4, Rochas Okorocha - 1
5, Chinua Achebe - 1
6, Arunma Oteh - 1
7, Nigerian Youths - 1
8, Aliko Dangote - 1
9, Nasir El-Rufai - 1
10, Omoyele Sowore for challenging Foreign Affairs Minister in NYC - 1
11, Babatunde Fashola - 2
12, Foloeunsho Alakija - 2
13, Goodluck Jonathan - 1
14, Sahara Reporters - 1
15, Nairalanders - 1
16, Ondo electorate - 1
17, Tanny Hamman

HALL OF SHAME
1, Faruk Lawan - 24
2, GEJ - 18
3, Chinua Achebe - 13

4, Oyo state govt - 1
5, Awo defenders - 1
6, Tunde Bakare - 1
7, Reuben Abati - 1
8, FGN - 1
9, Femi Fani-Kayode - 1
10, Boko Haram - 1
11, Abubakar Shekau - 1
12, All Nigerians - 1
13, Nigerian Pastors - 1
14, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - 1
15, El-Rufai - 1
16, Dana Air - 1
17, Barth Nnaji - 1
18, Doyin Okupe - 1
19, Emeka Ojukwu - 1

The finalists move to the voting proper in the thread below, where our latest inductees would be determined.
https://www.nairaland.com/1139332/nairaland-politics-section-hall-fame
https://www.nairaland.com/1139345/nairaland-politics-section-hall-shame
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hall of Shame: Achebe

Hall of Fame: Nigerian mosquitoes
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Jarus

where is the thread now angry angry angry

Hall Of Fame - Bakare.
Hall of Shame - Retardeen Ebele Jonathan.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Jarus(m): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
In progress sir cheesy
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
I may not be around when it comes up. I'm off for some hrs, probably days. Kindly make sure my one and only vote count abegii.
Again for the final round:

Demdem: @Jarus

where is the thread now angry angry angry

Hall Of Fame - Bakare.
Hall of Shame - Retardeen Ebele Jonathan.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Afam4eva(m): 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem: I may not be around when it comes up. I'm off for some hrs, probably days. Kindly make sure my one and only vote count abegii.

Do you hate Jonathan that much?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you hate Jonathan that much?

I dont hate him, he is a wonderful man and probably an excellent husband/father/teacher etc. However he sucks in governance.
I only hate the cluelessness and stupidity he brings into governance.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by honeric01(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem: I may not be around when it comes up. I'm off for some hrs, probably days. Kindly make sure my one and only vote count abegii.

Who won't with his lowest of low approach to governance? grin grin grin grin
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
honeric01:

Who won't his lowest of low approach to governance? grin grin grin grin

all i just want is my vote should count. Please kindly make sure Jarus includes my vote. I refused to be disenfranchised.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by honeric01(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem:

all i just want is my vote should count. Please kindly make sure Jarus includes my vote. I refused to be disenfranchised.

Sorry, but you have to be around to vote. grin
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by GARRIx7(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
I'm happy with the crop of finalists for this year's hall of fame.....
Congrats!!!
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by superior1: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Fame: Tunde Bakare
Shame: Ewele Egbere Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Wins African Woman In Politics, Public Office Award / Tambuwal Leads As Okowa, Wike, Ikpeazu, Fayemi In Race For Peace Achievers Award / Sowore's NIN and PVC reactivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.