Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,177 members, 7,864,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World (540 Views)

Bible Revelation, We Are At The End Of An Empire Or End The World As Some Say. / Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. / The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World by ralfo85(m): 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
I have heard some people talking about doing various things in the new world/paradise after the ressurection. Agreed things will be perfect, and one is most likely to find a perfect mate there. Given how many marriages turn sore today and become a source of pain instead of joy, I would say its is reasonable to want such a thing. But what I don't understand yet is, how those having such a dream correspond with Jesus' words quoted below?

[b][/b]Matthew 22:23-33
That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

Is it not contradicting? Please your sound thoughs are welcome.
Re: Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World by ralfo85(m): 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
No comments? Or is it that no one relates to this topic? Please I need your comments. Be free to express your opinion on the topic
Re: Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World by okeyxyz(m): 1:29am On Dec 09, 2012
There will be no marriage in the new world. marriage is a human institution. But there will be se.x because se.x is god's nature.
Re: Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World by ralfo85(m): 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2012
Thanks for your contribution. But about the other thing ... are you sure? lol!
Re: Some Say: I Will Marry In The New World by okeyxyz(m): 3:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Yes! Why else would there be a special admonition against se.xual immorality? Se.xual immorality, unlike other misbehaviors, is actually an abuse of the god nature.

18 Flee from se.xual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins se.xually sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1) (Reply)

Most New Day Pastors Open Church As Bisuness Ventures / Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. / Everlasting Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.