Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. (941 Views)

Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? / The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger / All Sins Are Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by lanxlot(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
some people believe the teaching of a lesser and a greater sin. others debunk the idea. to them all sins are equal. got me wondering. yes, the book of james have it that anyone who sins against one of the commandment is guilty of all. but does that make it equal? we are all aware that one must be spotless to go into the kingdom of God. Hence, if a person murders he isn't Fit for God's kingdom. Same goes to the person that tells a little lie, lol. lemme put it like that. common sense ofcourse agrees that both mentioned above aren't equal in magnitude. Make a case On it in a court of law and I assure you, the offenders would receive different sentences. I hope you read about the verdict passed by a judge recently, convicted 2 men for stealing chicken and sentenced them to death. many people commented crying foul. had it been a case of murder you would'av applauded the judge Probably. But, you know what they say of God, His ways are not our ways, neither His thoughts ours. before men, trespasses aren't equal may be. what about God? so here is the big question.

are all sins equal?? if yes, please explain that part in the bible that Says there are sins leading unto death, and there are sins not unto death........ist John 5 vs 16-17.
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by Chiscomax(m): 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
i think the word SIN can be looked from two different perspectives... from the perspective of man and from the perspective of God.

First of all, from the God's perspective;
We all know how sin started, the story of Adam... etc.
One main reason why we must not sin is for us to have eternal life as in, so that we can enter the kingdom of God.. No stained garment can enter the kingdom of the lord. so i think from the angle of eternal life, all sins are equal for if u steal 5naira and another man steals 2billion naira, u will not enter the kingdom of the Lord.

From the earthly perspective(Man);
All sins are not equal before men and that is why when a man kills 21people and another man kills 1 person, there is a stipulated duration of jail terms to be served.

I DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO START TYPING LONG STATEMENTS THO.... JUST TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.

#first to comment anyway... this is a sign of good things to come in the year 2015
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by lanxlot(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
k ur opinion, 0ga @ my top. I luv d way u placed it "I think".......wen u av d strength eh, modify n xplain. I jn 5....16-17.
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chisco has said more than enough, I only want to contribute with my very little understanding I got about it this year.

here we go;
-sin is SIN in a Heavenly perspective, when you repent of it and the blood of Jesus cleanses ALL!!!!!just like how bleach removes stains, now we have different kinds like oil, mud, blood and other sh|tz but these are all grouped under 'STAINS'.
-now, the same way we have varieties of stains is just the same way we have varieties of SIN, from my studies I came across 3 main groupings;
*iniquity
*abomination
*transgression

I could explain the 3 but please read about them here online and you will see that every particular sin must be grouped in one of these 3, for instance any sin that involves 'blood ' is an abominable act. iniquity is a continuos pattern, every act that involves wickedness. while transgression is simply going against the LAWS OF GOD.
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chiscomax:
i think the word SIN can be looked from two different perspectives... from the perspective of man and from the perspective of God.

One main reason why we must not sin is for us to have eternal life as in, so that we can enter the kingdom of God.. No stained garment can enter the kingdom of the lord. so i think from the angle of eternal life, all sins are equal for if u steal 5naira and another man steals 2billion naira, u will not enter the kingdom of the Lord.

All sins are not equal before men and that is why when a man kills 21people and another man kills 1 person, there is a stipulated duration of jail terms to be served.

I DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO START TYPING LONG STATEMENTS THO.... JUST TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.

#first to comment anyway... this is a sign of good things to come in the year 2015

above all, none is righteous enough to enter... only the Holy spirit in us can do the cleansing while we do our best to fight towards righteousness.
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by Chiscomax(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
shadowgwalker:

above all, none is righteous enough to enter... only the Holy spirit in us can do the cleansing while we do our best to fight towards righteousness.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by lanxlot(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2014
shadowgwalker:
Chisco has said more than enough, I only want to contribute with my very little understanding I got about it this year.

here we go;
-sin is SIN in a Heavenly perspective, when you repent of it and the blood of Jesus cleanses ALL!!!!!just like how bleach removes stains, now we have different kinds like oil, mud, blood and other sh|tz but these are all grouped under 'STAINS'.
-now, the same way we have varieties of stains is just the same way we have varieties of SIN, from my studies I came across 3 main groupings;
*iniquity
*abomination
*transgression

I could explain the 3 but please read about them here online and you will see that every particular sin must be grouped in one of these 3, for instance any sin that involves 'blood ' is an abominable act. iniquity is a continuos pattern, every act that involves wickedness. while transgression is simply going against the LAWS OF GOD.
Aiit, all in all, are you trying to say that all sins are equal in d sight of God?
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by tartar9(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
Chiscomax:

meaning i will play chess with adolf hitler :-/
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by Chiscomax(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
tartar9:
meaning i will play chess with adolf hitler :-/

yeah... with the devil forking ur asses
Re: Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. by lanxlot(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
Chiscomax:

yeah... with the devil forking ur asses
lol.

(1) (Reply)

Propaganda Video To Prove Isis Are Not Killing For Islam / Iron Dome Operator: God Moved Missile We Couldn't Hit / Pastor Impregnated 20 Church Members including married women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.