Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial (2641 Views)

Poll Shift: Averting The Looming Darkness------------punch Editorial / Punch Editorial. Jonathan’s Unfolding Dictatorial Tendencies. / PDP: Akpabio Is Not A Spendthrift, He’s Benevolent, Kind Hearted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by banki(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
this is not about ACN or tinubu, its about the federal government of nigeria under GEJS leadership, and for the person who keeps referring to other leaders mistakes.... i think u need to live in the real world.

Obama did not win a second term in office by whinning and complaining that he did not cause the global economic crises, he went to work his people saw results, he tackled the problems head on, he made appointments devoid of trouble, he even hunted americas gratest enemy and suceeded.

Now jonah has been whinning since 2010, jonah says one thing and does the other, the one that upsets me the most is when he says he wants to cut cost of goverbance at the same time he employs more media aides, no one has been able to tell me the difference between, doyin okupe, ruben abati, reno omokiri and labaran makus job function or even olisa metuh sef, and yet with over 500million naira in budgetry allocations to all this people they still make school boy errors in deivery, theystill write nonsense for the president as speech, and feed the president with wrong information, and say onething while the president says another

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by PointB: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I'm not too bothered about the fake outcry of corruption by Punch and those outside of govt. The ROOT CAUSE of corruption in Nigeria is SHARING OF FREE OIL MONEY. Right from the Nzeogwu coup, the reason for wanting to replace a sitting govt has ALWAYS been allegation of corruption. But somehow, we ended up WORSE OFF with successive govt. The Punch and El Rufai SUPER STORY of corruption growing monstrously under GEJ is not any different from the SUPER STORY of corruption growing monstrously in the first republic told by Nzeogwu and co in Jan 1966- which was why the said they said they struck. Only FOOLS will be carried away by such SUPER but SILLY STORIES. As for me, I have grown WISER with age. What matters to me in this current dispensation is not an INTANGIBLE fight against corruption. Rather, what matters to me are TANGIBLES like- the power sector reforms to guarantee stable power supply, construction of power plants, construction of highways, construction of power transmission and distribution facilities, construction of new higher institutions, equipping of hospitals, building of 2nd Niger bridge,etc,etc. These are the TANGIBLES that I care about and if GEJ continues with the SLOW BUT STEADY progress in these TANGIBLES, the likes of El Rufai and PUNCH can go to hell.
There can NEVER be any EFFECTIVE fight against corruption UNLESS the tap of FREE oil money stops flowing. Go and ask the likes of Oby Ezekwesili so they can tell you about the CURSE OF OIL.
The best you can get are half-hearted measures like we see under GEJ. Let them steal but not TOO MUCH. Let them steal small but still tarr our roads and do other things that'll benefit the masses. Shagari's govt was toppled for alleged corruption but with benefit of hindsight we can now see clearly that successive govts after Shagari were MONSTERS in terms of corruption. Shagari and Ekwueme today lives in a very humble apartments and can never muster the funds to contemplate contesting an election. But we cannot say same of Buhari, IBB, or even Abacha. Moreover, a govt that fights all the corruption in this world but fails to deliver on infrastructure is MEANINGLESS

Succinctly put.

What we have running around these days, led by the nose by their commander in hypocrisy - the Resident Hypocrite of Nairaland - Gbawe, is a pack of underpaid hacks whose ethically bigoted world view naturally guarantee that deny a man his good works just to make him look bad. The annoying thing is that these goons think that silence of well balance fellows who understand the challenges of delivering democratic dividends in this bastardize country and rather prefer to give the government adequate time and understanding to turn things around, is a license for them to run their mouths like bus conductors.

Let me re-state, the current government have done more than the past one to cut down cost of governance and is still doing same. The ethically and party motivated bigotry and propaganda not withstanding, GEJ's remain one best government we have had in recent time. That is a fact!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by PointB: 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
taharqa: Very stu.pid editorial by what is increasing looking like a Bought board at Punch, who seem to hv alignd and is serving sm political interests. Yea, without a doubt that #2.2billion for the villa's banquet is wasteful and silly (as i said when d info was postd here sm time ago) and d FG deserves all the reprimands it gets on that particular move. But to now use this particular one to mk blanket, irresponsible and incorrect statements is wrong. Sm goons here eg @Gbawe are already mking silly claims, and even normally reasonable critics like @take dat is talking about '..this been the greatest mistake' blabla on this issue (given d impression that dis govt is worst ever in terms of fiscal discipline and profliglancy). This is silly... These are the FACTS: this govt has stopped and then is reversing every indicator of cost of governance and wasteful spendings that have been increasing at least since 1999; i mean, every one of those main indicators- It has almost halved OVERHEAD cost from about #526billion which it met in 2010 to about #230billion two yrs later; it has reducd d Recurrent budget from an incredible 77.1% in 2010 to an honestly still high 68.7% proposd nx yr; it has reducd Deficit as a % of GDP from 3.3% in 2010 to 2.7% dis yr and proposd 2.17% (way below d legal binding 3% which oda govts exceeded many times) nx yr- and these indicators wud continue to decrease each yr cos of many reforms midwifed by NOI and the implementatn of Oronsaye's report ... GEJ and FEC made a decision to spend #2b to build a banquet hall, a decision that was unsound, insensitive and which i DONT agree with; but to extend dis and mk it look like dis is d most wasteful govt in history is very, very unfair and completely wrong. We can strongly disagree with a particular decision without having to unduely politicize it

Thank you jare. No mind the bigots who have infested this thread.
Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by PointB: 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
FreeGlobe: Gbawe lets start from home https://www.nairaland.com/1120280/looting-lagos-tinubu-fasola-exposed

And you expect the Resident Hypocrite to take the gauntlet and critcize with the same venom his paymaster and lord - Tinubu? Man, that's asking to much. Who will fund his next Ghana trip if he does that? grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by lanrefront1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
I laugh when I hear some people on this thread saying Jonathan has cut cost of governance more than any other before.

Are you people living in another country? Didn't you hear the investigative report which asserted that 5 Trillion naira has been embezzled since the commencement of Jonathan's Administration. I know you will come and say all that is fake too.

Nobody can be this daft. It is clear that you guys, taraqua, Point B, sincere Ngerian are paid agents on Nairaland to confuse people.

And if u want to start a thread on Tinubu's and Fashola's corruption, by all means do. I'm sure many Nairalanders will only be too happy to join you in condemning them.

But right now, the topic is Jonathan's obscene corruption and not Tinubu's. Let's stick to the topic.

I don't understand u guys: Does Tinubu's corruption justifies Jonathan's corruption? Like someone said, if our President, Jonathan was not a hopelessly corrupt human-being, the likes of Tinubu will already be residing in jail.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by Gbawe: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
taharqa: You are by far the most nauseauting character i hv seen both on NL or on any online forum; by far and i hv seen eediots aplenty. Your comments are always long 'epistles' with no value except to attack d character of JUST ONE INDIVIDUAL; you surf round NL everyday just to write long sentences with d SOLE purpose of achieving dis...HYPOCRITE! There is presently a thread on Politics describing the current escapade of all the membas of the Ogun State Assembly to d USA unda the cover of 'going for legislative training', and the outrageous cost is borne by d governor Amosun (these kind of mass travelling, including for 1st ladies, is becoming d norm for most SW govts CONTROLLED BY YOUR PARTY ACN). Is Amosun an incompetent mediocre cos he sponsord dis silly expensive 'travelling'? Are oda govs in the party dat sent you to be d chief Propagandists on NL also mediocre 'fools' cos they also sponsor these kinds of nonsense? I didnt by chance see you on dat thread d last time i was there, nor where u attacking their character ; you obviously hvn't 'seen' it abi?.. There is a diff bw peeps like @take dat and goons like yrself- one is a consistent critic, the oda a slimming internet creature...... HYPOCRITE!! *spitsindisgust*

You GEJ fans are always the most palpably angry, childish, rabidly rude, emotional, pre-menstrual, uncouth and ridiculously immature here. Is it that you have nothing going for you in real life to the extent this forum means more to you than it should? Did I address you or did I speak to someone who quoted me and thus engaged me in conversation? Learn the difference m0r0n and you will realize it is you who is a nauseating character and the loser who come here looking to attack others who criticize the bad product he supports so passionately and blindly.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by Gbawe: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
lanre_front: I laugh when I hear some people on this thread saying Jonathan has cut cost of governance more than any other before.

Are you people living in another country? Didn't you hear the investigative report which asserted that 5 Trillion naira has been embezzled since the commencement of Jonathan's Administration. I know you will come and say all that is fake too.

Nobody can be this daft. It is clear that you guys, taraqua, Point B, sincere Ngerian are paid agents on Nairaland to confuse people.

And if u want to start a thread on Tinubu's and Fashola's corruption, by all means do. I'm sure many Nairalanders will only be too happy to join you in condemning them.

But right now, the topic is Jonathan's obscene corruption and not Tinubu's. Let's stick to the topic.

I don't understand u guys: Does Tinubu's corruption justifies Jonathan's corruption? Like someone said, if our President, Jonathan was not a hopelessly corrupt human-being, the likes of Tinubu will already be residing in jail.

You do know that it is deliberate? I.e some purposely try to derail any thread critical of GEJ by routinely mentioning issues and names not at all pertinent to the topic.
Re: Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial by subterfuge: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Tell that to the marines!!!
That Wicked Ritual/Serial killer of Bank Jobs 'SANUSI' is so blind that he cannot see this?
All he can see is SACK the innocent!!!!
Sack the poor masses so as to provide more cash for his Master sepentine goodluck to wast and blow away

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Imo At Standstill, Banks Join Strike / Outrageous Gay Couple Tie The Knot In Port Harcourt (see Photos) / See People's Reactions To PMB Alleged Tyranny Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.