Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? (930 Views)

Nairaland And Insulting Comments. / EXPOSED: Secret Of Magician Who Stunned People By Floating In The Air Uncovered / Fellow Nairalanders:is Police Truely Our Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Freshbabe(f): 1:26am On Dec 04, 2012
Good Evening beautiful people,

First of all, I don't know if this topic is in the right section, if it's not apologies to those affected.
So I recently registered as a user to this site. I've been a passer by for a while now. I'm addicted to the site and I love the fact that it's quite informative and entertaining.
My issue though is why do other fellow Nairalanders resort to bullying other people by insulting them? I have come to a painful realization that you need to have a thick skin to post anything on this site, so that people's rude and insulting comments doesn't affect you. I've no troubles with this, but does it have to be this way?
In Rodney King's words, can we all just get along?
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Caseless: 1:49am On Dec 04, 2012
That's a known trend on this forum...they don't correct u or offer any constructive advice, but display anathema when u stick to ur idea and belief.
U'd be shocked that the person insulting u for making contribution has nothing to contribute more than the insult he/she is ready to give u for making ur own contribution to a particular topic.

We all can't get along cos our opinion on several issues differs,and so many people don't knw how to handle this difference in opinion. .

The goodnews is that nairaland is the e-version of the real nigeria/nigerians you see out there, so if if I can live in nigeria and with nigerians against all odds, why can't i live on nairaland?

Sis, say what u wanna and don't be cowed by their bullying...don't let it get to u...simple. No matter how bitter ur post may look or taste, bring it out so long that's the truth and how u feel about a particular issue or topic.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by moonraker(m): 1:52am On Dec 04, 2012
Believe it or not

but NL??

Is a true reflection of what the Bleep is

wrong with Nigeria!!! Now that being said,

wait for peeps here to rain abuses on me!!!
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Caseless: 1:56am On Dec 04, 2012
moonraker: Believe it or not

but NL??

Is a true reflection of what the Bleep is

wrong with Nigeria!!! Now that being said,

wait for peeps here to rain abuses on me!!!
no! U haven't said anything to warrant abuses...nairaland na e-version of nigeria.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by seedord247(m): 2:09am On Dec 04, 2012
You wanr to know the reason huh?

Wait till they attack you.... Sheybi ya name na freshbabe... You go change ya name to bitterbabe. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 04, 2012
I would be the first to admit that I am one of those who are guilty of this, at least starting the trend. I was notorious for insulting people back in the day. All you had to do was offend me and I went off like a rocket - non stop.

But I have come to realize that it's childish. It's like they say:
"arguing online is like the special olympics. It doesn't matter who wins, you're both still r3tarded" lipsrsealed

Ok so maybe that wasn't the nicest quote but you get my point I am sure. grin.

I am just making it my mission to avoid it and ppl who who engage in it. Life is too short and too sweet. kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by somalia5: 2:27am On Dec 04, 2012
*Kails*:
I would be the first to admit that I am one of those who are guilty of this, at least starting the trend. I was notorious for insulting people back in the day. All you had to do was offend me and I went off like a rocket - non stop.

But I have come to realize that it's childish. It's like they say:
"arguing online is like the special olympics. It doesn't matter who wins, you're both still r3tarded" lipsrsealed

Ok so maybe that wasn't the nicest quote but you get my point I am sure. grin.

I am just making it my mission to avoid it and ppl who who engage in it. Life is too short and too sweet. kiss

Balaaayo kulla siil waaaaynaaataay
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by wissezy: 3:30am On Dec 04, 2012
That's one thing nairaland thought me,(developing hard skin to insults and learning hw to insult ) cos i hardly get insulted in real life. Before, even in real life, i hate insults and i do anything to avoid it. I wasn't brought up that way.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by somalia5: 3:35am On Dec 04, 2012
mrschima is the biggest obstacle to peace on this site
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by otokx(m): 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
Its just bad manners and illiteracy, a point can be made without resorting to insults. Also people must not always tow the same line of thought as the proponent.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by manmustwac(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2012
The main reason why I decided to abandon a topic in the sports section that I started called Tottehham Hotspur Football Club Inc was because of the level of insults & abuse I received there mostly from arsenal fans which included Supermod Mukina2 ex Supermod Debosky & a. Mod called v3
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Lasinoh: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
You sabi say anonymous-cyber coward pawa NA JESUS PAWA?
If you get small blokos behind the computer, you fit pose online ke!
Mu che che che che che grin
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by slimyem: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
I don't think there is any "why"...
Its a trend that won't stop for a long time here...
The more you try to be nice,the more they push you the other way...and since,one can only take so much,it becomes a case of joining them when you can't beat 'em.
@op,i started a thread similar to yours sometime last year asking why and doing the preach....but it was fruitless!
You'll soon learn and join the flow...gringrin
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Freshbabe(f): 3:27am On Dec 06, 2012
@seedord247.....cos u are bitter right.....smh
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Freshbabe(f): 3:29am On Dec 06, 2012
@manmustwac....that sounds brutal. Pls send me a link of the thread. I'd love to read the comments, just thinking about what might have ensued among my fellow brothers and sisters makes me roflmao.
@somalia5, Who's mrschima? She sounds like trouble, should I be scared?...(is she a she or a he?)
@ otokx very well said
@lasinoh....huh, I honestly didn't understand what you were trying to get across.
@slimyem.....Thanks for your kind words.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by lafflaff123(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
@op my Canadian friend I see you have made friends right?and I am assuming your post has something to do with the way I welcomed you into Nairaland?

Anyway when a shark bleeds,other sharks turn and make a meal of it.

Welcome to Nairaland where its a Shark eat shark world. All guys/girls for themselves and Gurumaharaji for all lol.

P.s Gurumaharaji still dey alive sef?this one we I dey carry him name play sooo hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by pendo89(f): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
boosts online ego? whatever not my worry.
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by Lasinoh: 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
BECAUSE THE USSSSSSSSSSSELESS MODERATORS AND ASHI MODERATORS ALLOW THEIR PALS TO GET AWAY WITY IT.
If they show up in your face, just BLOW THEM OFF.
Simple! If you have been here long enough. . . you will understand the 'clique' mentality for the cyber nomads and desperados! kiss
Re: Why Do Fellow Nairalanders Bully Other People By Insulting Them? by manmustwac(m): 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
Freshbabe: @manmustwac....that sounds brutal. Pls send me a link of the thread. I'd love to read the comments, just thinking about what might have ensued among my fellow brothers and sisters makes me roflmao.
@somalia5, Who's mrschima? She sounds like trouble, should I be scared?...(is she a she or a he?)
@ otokx very well said
@lasinoh....huh, I honestly didn't understand what you were trying to get across.
@slimyem.....Thanks for your kind words.
Here is the link freshbabe just breeze through the last 3 pages of the topic. https://www.nairaland.com/587624/tottenham-hotspur-supporters-inc-2.0/23

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Pixs Collection / / 15yrs Old Boy Axed Severallyover Allegation Of Witchcraft In Akwaibom[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.