Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested (9576 Views)

Dasuki, 4 Others Granted Bail / Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Him(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2008
R-Dynamite:

4Him, you could be very blunt sometimes . wink

i cant help it even though i try. wink
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4peace(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2008
may the soul of people killed rest in peace.
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2008
4Him:

i can't help it even though i try. wink

Try harder wink
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Gamine(f): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Jakumo

Sarcasm dosnt work on me wink

Go and get Saved
thats all i can tell ya!
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Him(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2008
R-Dynamite:

Try harder wink

i'm working on a new resolution cool
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2008
4Him:

i'm working on a new resolution cool

Hope your preys will prefer ur new reso. tongue
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Him(m): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2008
R-Dynamite:

Hope your preys will prefer your new reso. tongue

your signature is perhaps a good place for me to start. wink
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Play(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
Staying on the same theme:

An elder of a church from Ugbonla, in the coastal area of Ondo State , Apostle Henry Ogunfeyimi, has been arrested by the Interpol over a N30m scandal and is currently detained at the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Area 10, Abuja. When Sunday Tribune visited the FCID, Abuja, where he was being detained on Saturday, it was not allowed to speak with the suspect.

But a senior police officer, who was on duty, said that the suspect, who was wearing a T– shirt over a pair of brown trousers, would not be allowed to speak with any journalist. The DIG in charge of the FCID, Mr. Dudari Kieran, confirmed the arrest, and stated that the suspect was arrested based on the findings of the Interpol and that he was still undergoing interrogation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=112188.0;num_replies=39
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2008
4Him:

your signature is perhaps a good place for me to start. wink

Just leave me as I am wink
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Him(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2008
R-Dynamite:

Just leave me as I am wink

haha u're safe . . . dont worry ur pretty head. tongue
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2008
cheesy tongue
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Gamine(f): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2008
Lets be clear on issues here

The '''students' arrested were Ex-students
they were expelled earlier
and they even went to confess
with their own legedis benz
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
Your point is?
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Gamine(f): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
maybe when you actually read the thread
you will know what 'the point' is
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Truequest(m): 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
The '''students' arrested were Ex-students
they were expelled earlier
and they even went to confess
with their own legedis benz

So they were indeed at CU some time past.
This is incredible, all I can say is mercy Lord!
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
Ex or present, they were part of the school. Why should they do that?
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by 4Him(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
Truequest:

So they were indeed at CU some time past.
This is incredible, all I can say is mercy Lord!

grin grin cheesy I say the same.
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Gamine(f): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
Yes o

Only God can have mercy on anybody!

Afterall, "all have sinned!

@R-Dynamite

They were expelled because they were caught in a robbery issue
And handed over to the police

I even remember that day, the guys were laughing even when they pronounced them expelled!
kai!

Only God can save somebody!"
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by RDynamite(f): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
I hear u
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by messrmicah: 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2008
My Friends.I do not know whether all the people here are professing Christians or not,but i will give my response on that basis.I have fully been part of all the diverse levels of present day Christianity (and left) and so personally can say what i am about to say.
We have the bible clear before us and we have rejected it and have followed men and their doctrines.The only assignment given to the church is to go preach the GOSPEL to all.The problem is that most people do not understand this statement.The Ekklesia of Christ is never asked to improve the society by building structures but to present Christ and Him Crucified.Jesus warned us that many shall come in his name saying,Jesus is Christ and will deceive many,Jesus warned us to beware of the false prophets,Apostles Peter,John,James and Paul warned us about the false prophets and Anti-Christs that will come in the last days,
2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, as there shall be also among you false teachers, who shall bring in by the bye destructive heresies, and deny the master that bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction;
2Pe 2:2 and many shall follow their dissolute ways, through whom the way of the truth shall be blasphemed.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness, with well-turned words, will they make merchandise of you: for whom judgment of old is not idle, and their destruction slumbers not.

This scriptures and many others describe these men(AND WARN US TO BEWARE OF THEM),but we literally close our eyes and refuse to see these men for what they are.Those of us that are involved with them close our eyes to the reality that these MEN might be what we read in our bible and are looking else where for a blatant exposure of false prophets and teachers.NO!They will not be blatantly false ,thats why Jesus told us to beware of them and that if possible they will deceive even the elect(true Christians).I guess you know a man that makes merchandise of so called Christians by milking their money for his projects which GOD NEVER COMMANDED but are the produce of their destructive selfish ambitions and imaginations of their heart.I guess they have made merchandise of you too.
You that curse those who point fingers at these men as being false,are you not rejecting Christ himself?When the scriptures said touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm,if you have a bible go and check it,and you will see that when he said "anointed" and "prophet" he refers to the nation of Israel.But today so many people use this scripture to protect their false prophets and teachers who are touching and destroying the people of God with their destructive heresies and practices.If you are part of these men,be sure to partake of their sins and judgment.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.

BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND TEACHERS, MY ADVICE TO FELLOW CHRISTIANS OUT THERE IS THIS ONE THING, RETURN TO THE SIMPLICITY OF THE WORD OF GOD AND MAKE IT YOUR LIFE,THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL TRULY OPEN YOUR EYES TO KNOW THE TRUTH, EPHESIANS 1:17-----
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by Truequest(m): 10:16am On Mar 05, 2008
messrmicah:

My Friends.I do not know whether all the people here are professing Christians or not,but i will give my response on that basis.I have fully been part of all the diverse levels of present day Christianity (and left) and so personally can say what i am about to say.
We have the bible clear before us and we have rejected it and have followed men and their doctrines.The only assignment given to the church is to go preach the GOSPEL to all.The problem is that most people do not understand this statement.The Ekklesia of Christ is never asked to improve the society by building structures but to present Christ and Him Crucified.Jesus warned us that many shall come in his name saying,Jesus is Christ and will deceive many,Jesus warned us to beware of the false prophets,Apostles Peter,John,James and Paul warned us about the false prophets and Anti-Christs that will come in the last days,
2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, as there shall be also among you false teachers, who shall bring in by the bye destructive heresies, and deny the master that bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction;
2Pe 2:2 and many shall follow their dissolute ways, through whom the way of the truth shall be blasphemed.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness, with well-turned words, will they make merchandise of you: for whom judgment of old is not idle, and their destruction slumbers not.

This scriptures and many others describe these men(AND WARN US TO BEWARE OF THEM),but we literally close our eyes and refuse to see these men for what they are.Those of us that are involved with them close our eyes to the reality that these MEN might be what we read in our bible and are looking else where for a blatant exposure of false prophets and teachers.NO!They will not be blatantly false ,thats why Jesus told us to beware of them and that if possible they will deceive even the elect(true Christians).I guess you know a man that makes merchandise of so called Christians by milking their money for his projects which GOD NEVER COMMANDED but are the produce of their destructive selfish ambitions and imaginations of their heart.I guess they have made merchandise of you too.
You that curse those who point fingers at these men as being false,are you not rejecting Christ himself?When the scriptures said touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm,if you have a bible go and check it,and you will see that when he said "anointed" and "prophet" he refers to the nation of Israel.But today so many people use this scripture to protect their false prophets and teachers who are touching and destroying the people of God with their destructive heresies and practices.If you are part of these men,be sure to partake of their sins and judgment.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.

BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND TEACHERS, MY ADVICE TO FELLOW CHRISTIANS OUT THERE IS THIS ONE THING, RETURN TO THE SIMPLICITY OF THE WORD OF GOD AND MAKE IT YOUR LIFE,THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL TRULY OPEN YOUR EYES TO KNOW THE TRUTH, EPHESIANS 1:17-----

This is a must read for everyone who at one tme or the other shown interest on this topic
Re: Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested by proudly9ja(m): 2:49am On Mar 04, 2009
I don;t understand why its suddenlly a big issue cos the suspected thieves are/were students at CU. It only shows the 'Pull Him Down' syndrome some of us have. So cos CU is an expensive school or cos its owned by Winners' Chapel means that all the students are saints? is sainthood now written on the face? Don;t we have even pastors/imams' children tending towards evil? Did you not read in your Bible about the Eli's children or don't you know even one of Jesus' disciples betrayed him for money? Cos really, I don't get the basis for this arguement.

Its also advisable not to speak evil of people not just of men of God but elders in general especially the ones who have done us no worng. Was that not how we were brought up?

I personally think it is wrong to speak evil of men of God. It's my personal opinion. You can choose to do whatever you like but there are so many instances in the Bible where God punished people who spoke evil against His prophets. Moses (in the case of his sister and Aaron), even when God let nations defeat Israel in battles when they sinned against Him, He came back and dealt with those nations when Israel repented. Anyways, like I said, its a personal opinion, just a piece of advice.

And finally, for those who say that churches should not build schools, erm, I think you've got the thought process wrong. Without missionary schools, Nigeria would probably be worse than it is now. The St. Gregs, Anglican Girls, Ansar-Ud-Deens, etc were all great schools when they were run by the missionary but they were destroyed when govt took over. No wonder, some of them are now returning to glory days with the return to the missionary (Igbobi Boys, Anglican Girls, etc). As for the expensive ones, well, I can't be the judge. Only thing Ild say is, they are private institutions and are allowed to determine at what cost they want to run. But then again, there are so many potential students in Nigeria, we need much more schools than we have now. If the rich people attend schools for the rich, there will be space in the schools for the 'poor' and the facilities will be enough instead of having 100pupils in a class, we will have fewer. So please, let the schools keep coming, whether owned by churches, mosques, as long as standards are met and more jobs are created!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodbye Okonjo Iweala... / FG Plans To Intimidate 200 ‘uncooperative’ Judges, Wike Alleges / Zambarmari Massacre: Senate President, COS, Others Pay Condolence To Borno (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.