Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

Suffering And Smiling: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Suffering And Smiling: (1287 Views)

My Unpaid Salary Is Suffering My Family / Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! / Suffering And Smiling Turned Laughing And Smiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suffering And Smiling: by gentledove(f): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
what do you call this? You earn N35,000 per month. remove tithe of N3,500 per month. remove pension of N5,000 per month. the company removes N5,000 tax from your salary every month. You spend N10,000 monthly on transportation. You pay Nepa Bill and gateman's salary all cummulating to N1,000 monthly. Office removes N500 as senior staff association money monthly. You pay cooperative of N5,000 monthly. You cook, buy sanitaries, do your hair and also pay offering in the church all N5,000 monthly.

yet you wear suit every morning and go to work. your parents expect you to send something at least twice in four months. you want to buy recharge cards and still look good. dont you think Nigerian graduates are suffering and smiling? some employers are slave riders.

this is a typical example of how i spend my salary monthly. God must intervene this year o, infact this month. i don tire. cry lipsrsealed
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by amsky(m): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2008
Gentledove,i feel your pain dear.Just dont worry,things will get better.
Most employers are slave riders,not just in Nigeria.I remember my first job.I wanted to do goody goody,they turned me into their slave.My husband had to type my resignation letter for me.

About the monetary aspect of it,it happens too.40% of my pay is taken off monthly in the name of tax. sad. It's sad, but life goes on. No matter how much you earn, there's still alot to do.Have you thought of getting a new job? you may also do a little business on the side to keep things going. me,i used to braid hair when my job afforded me some extra time. That was before my husband was posted here.Now i can't even dream of it.

I go better. All the best. kiss
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by DisGuy: 12:15am On Feb 14, 2008
You pay cooperative of N5,000 monthly. You cook, buy sanitaries, do your hair and also [s]pay offering in the church all N5,000 monthly.[/s]

remove tithe of N3,500 per month

just saved you 13,500 wink
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by SweetT1: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Gentledove

where do you work ??
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by TeskyMan(m): 6:56am On Feb 15, 2008
[size=15pt]Hey!!!! pls no try commot the TITHES ohhh cos na that one be say u wan chop your future.God is no man that lies okay you better pay your tithes or the devourer go show you perper. No worry my brother, ground go level with time but make sure say u never try plan to marry with this amount ohhh, cos if you try am, then , ohh unless u be woman but if you be MAN , YOU GO HEAR WENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN [/size]
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by fatherab1: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2008
Maybe I can top your salary with N15000 only to bring it up to N50000. How do you see that gentledove?
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by Yetunday(f): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2008
@ poster, I am still looking for a job o maybe we should swap places grin. Just kidding, I feel u o. cos u pay ur tithe regularly, I know God ll soon suprise u. It really works for me.I wish all of us the best.

@father ab, my own condition is a bit below the poster's so can u extend ur philantropic hands to me too.lol.

@ this guy, pls if u re a xtian, u need to ask devoted xtians if u cant search ur bible for the benefits of paying tithes and offerings. Dont u know that if u dont give, u cant receive and u cant rob God of what belongs to him.
A trial will convince u.
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by SweetT1: 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2008
This post scare me no be small. Is this the Naija that i'm planning to return to ? N35,000 for a whole month?? On top of that she said she is a senior staff. Naija has to change ooo .

Please Gentledove keep hope alive, better days are ahead.
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by amsky(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2008
You have drawn my attention to something i had earlier missed.Did she say 35k Na wa o.35k for a senior staff?

It's hard to believe my dear,but as sweet t said,keep hope alive yeah. kiss E go better. grin
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by SweetT1: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2008
This is really a bad news coming from this lady. We all have a dream of returning home one day and contribute our knowledge to build Naija, but the fact of N35,000 a month scares the living daylight out of me. I make N35,000 in a few hours up here now. Naija must change ooo. grin
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by amsky(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2008
It must change o walai. That money is toooooo small for take home pay. Imagine if she were a guy with a family to fend for? No matter how bad it is here,it's far better than 9ja o. Even after the whooping tax sum in this place there is still something left to care for soul and body. Maybe it's just the basic salary excluding all the allowances. Please this is disheartening. That is the reason why guys are willing to cross the sahara dessert to get to Europe. sad

My dear poster,what are your qualifications? please get a better job. I can imagine what a tight budget you are working on monthly, It'll be hard for alot of us out here to imagine going back and getting 35k as monthly salary. shocked

Please,we have to do something about it o. All hope is not lost anyway, 9ja go better. kiss kiss
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by SweetT1: 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2008
Yes ma, come to think of it the taxes i pay each week is more than N35,000. If you add all the 3 taxes (Income tax, social security tax and the damn Medicare). Naija you must change oo. And i heard that the one that are really making some money in Naija, must work from sun up to sun down. Can you imagine. I think Nigerian govt. should implement the 7-8 hrs. a day working system.

Obasanjo and others, your children'children will eat from the suffering you have inflicted on the good people of Nigeria. Our people are dying when you and your possy are robbing the treasury of billions of Dollars.
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by fatherab1: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2008
Sweet T,
Dont hang ur decision on the ordeals of just a single person. You have forgotten that some other people here in your naija earn between N100,000 and N400,000. I am talking from experience. Remember you stand a far better chance of getting a heavily paid job here. Taxes here are not so cruel as obtainable accross the borders. So please make an informed decision.

@Dia Guy,
U no try at all. Do you know that TITHE is that percentage of your income that prevents TIGHT conditions in your life? You dont know what you are missing if you are tight-fisted against tithe.
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by gentledove(f): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for everything guys. i will not be able to mention the name of my company for security reasons but it has being in existence even before our great grandfathers. since 1817 or thereabout.

i am seriously looking for another job, please contact me if you have any. forever_infallible@yahoo.ca

God bless you. i don tire o lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by SweetT1: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Gentledove

Hang in there sweetheart, Daylight comes after a long dark night. Your company must be first bank, they are the only establishment i know that have been in Nigeria b/4 the existence of Nigeria. E go better my sister, keep hope alive you will get to the promise land.
Re: Suffering And Smiling: by gentledove(f): 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Sweet T

Thanks dearest. its not First Bank o. its the 'gala' company. i hope you understand the coded language. its aweful. enjoy your day and thanks so much for all your words of encouragement. you guys are simply wonderful smiley

(1) (Reply)

Cat Vs. Aat / The Cult Of Information, And The Information-less Society / Job Alerts On Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.