Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,206 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) (14099 Views)

Louise Jaiyeola Oduyoye Develops Neva, An Emergency Power Backup For Surgeons / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by kelvino25(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Aro Okigbo: Why this interest in rockets?
Is he a muslim?
Very funny. What a religious chauvinistic chap you are.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by ucheheart(m): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
achi4u: In preperation of WW111
or biafra was II
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by nairalady(f): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
pDude: THE KNOCKOUT I FIRED ON 4TH OF JULY WENT HIGHER THAN 35 METRES cheesy
lol grin
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by kutchs: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
oraclefemi: Lets commend mediocrity because of our level of thinking , go to Japan and see what kids do there...keep it up mr student .
Shame on you Micheal Faraday. Pls show the whole world what you have achieved all ur miserable life.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Pain(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Looks more like a Christmas Firework to me
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by vanunu: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
UNN anyday is the best Nigerian University, what most Nigerians don't know is that it was in UNN that the cholera vaccine was invented by Prof Njoku-Obi. (just google Prof. Njoku-Obi)
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by doctokwus: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Its a tricky one.On d one hand,d young chap merits commendation for being able to tink out & construct an object,wen many others cannot evn visualise,sayless of constructing any kind of tool;on d otherhand,its a shame dat in d 21st century,a propellant dat travels not more dan 35metres,manually propelled,is still an achievement in nigeria.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by okekeanayo(f): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Aro Okigbo: Why this interest in rockets?
Is he a muslim?
dont be a foolish fellow
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
See what Nigerians are doing with the little that's made available to them. Imagine if more were to be provided for the average Nigerian. They will excel above their peers.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by cold(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abyjah:

Small mind busy trying to stop the gospel. Just like Napoleon the great, you'll soon cry out that God almighty is too much for you.

I wanna still talk about Jesus.

How He made it clear that he that is not for us is against us. Sons of perdition.
Can you please stop spamming threads with this drivel of yours. Mods,i think this has gone far enough. Do the right thing
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by OkparaIgbo: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
Well done bro. You have demonstrated that truly you are the son of your father wink
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by defashan: 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Maximum height of 35m..thats ridiculous..That cant even drop in a neighbours backyard...Dr Alhassan should steal that idea and send it to boko intelligence unit for modification.

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by gramci: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
pDude: THE KNOCKOUT I FIRED ON 4TH OF JULY WENT HIGHER THAN 35 METRES cheesy

Loud fo.ol
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by TonySpike: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
Anyone waiting on the Federal Government to develop local technology is on his own. This is why we advocate for regional autonomy. At the regional level, this guy and others like him can be used for local research. The FG's federal character will never allow this guy to get anywhere. By the way, he may soon join the thousands of Nigerian researchers scatterred around the globe churning out brilliant research for serious countries.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Blueeyedboi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
To all d trolls hating on dis chap's achievement..y'all shld go sit on sumfin sharp...in a country wer u provide ur own security (local vigilantes), electricity (i-pass-my-neighbour generators), water etc sum1 was able 2make sumfin outta nofin en instead of encouragin him 2develop his ideas u r here posting poo all ova d place..pathetic!
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by DanIlon(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Only thing can be best send them to Soviet school of military missile technology in moscow where he can develp technology to save nigeria for self-sufficient in military hardware produce include missile,surface to surface defense system,nigeria is capital ECOWAS need more military power.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by dgysoft(m): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nairalanders some of una no suppose dey for this forum at all. Why bodi dey bite u cus another do wetin u no fit. Please Chy u r a great lion, more grease to ur elbow. Great lion don't worry abt them. There is only one univerity in nigeria, other na secondary schools, knockout. A UNN graduate is ahead of u naturally

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
Clemzy16: Good one! With more of those Rockets and a little improvement. The U.S is no match to Nigeria.

^^^Erm....not trying to be a pessimist here, but aren't we getting ahead of ourselves just a little bit?
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by searay(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
So of all technologies in the world, it's only rocket propeller that this guy is working on. What will it be used for? Some years ago it was IED, now RP, very soon it would be produced in commercial quantity just as IED.
God my life is in your hands.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by solomon111(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
He should be sent to russia to learn advance missile and rocket technology,and he should come back to Nigeria to help us build our inter-continental missile system,and maybe nuclear missiles.
We may then be able to tell the US to fucck off.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by InvertedHammer: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
This young man needs support and encouragement. If you have his contact, tell him to contact me at
chim_lou2001@yahoo.com.

If you are a civil engineering graduate and unemployed (or underemployed), email your CV to the email address above as well.
I will be having a meeting with FERMA boss in Abuja on January 17th for some proposals that sure will benefit you.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Peterpan1(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
Oh Yes, i believe in the vision of Nigeria youths, cos am one, and i know ane believe that where our fathers failed we shall succeed and ruled the world
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by patostation(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
A Great Lion indeed! GEJ and his agenda transformers had better snap this guy up before the likes of Hezbollah, Boko Haram and other extremists will recruit him
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by texazzpete(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
What the flying crap is this?

Even in JSS1, by reading about works of the likes of Goddard, I knew that mixing saltpetre (potassium nitrate), charcoal and sulphur would make black powder, a popular early solid-fuel propellant for rocketry. And you people are happy to parade this as an ACHIEVEMENT by a 20 year old man? This is probably the first thing a Google search will turn up.

I HATE HATE HATE how desperate we've become as a nation when something an 11 year old should be doing is being touted as an exciting development.

Times have changed...I remember my days in the JETS club and all the wonderful things we dreamed up...and now we're still stuck on the basics.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a small feat to craft this stuff, but using words like 'Develop', 'invent' and 'innovate' is just plain funny.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by zibe(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
If only enough money can be pumped into research in the universities by the federal government.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by hanelson(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
baysol: ;DEgbunigwe for another Biafra war. What and achievement, hope this one will fly past river niger this time around. The boy resemble kidnapper sef maybe na another kidnapping wepon in the offin.
You must be the devil. Cos such comment can only come from the devil himself. Enemy of progress. Idiattt. Where ur papa dey when bill gate dey invent microsoft.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by matrixme(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
'Bad-Belle' people at work here.. Black people with black mind. At least he has launched a rocket. What have you launched? Insults? I wish him the best at his dreams. If he keeps getting dissatisfied with the status-quo, he will join the league of scientists at NASA.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by jahwin(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
But why rocket? Why not discovery new fertilizer or about GSM. Discovery of rockets now is not a very good omen.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by addictiv(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
this is what we are talking about,talk about applied sciences.........even if its at a local level, one day e go better.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by ucheheart(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
searay: So of all technologies in the world, it's only rocket propeller that this guy is working on. What will it be used for? Some years ago it was IED, now RP, very soon it would be produced in commercial quantity just as IED.
at least it can be used to send ppl to the moon if improved upon. Every technology has both positive and negative use. So it now depends on the person using it. Don't forget that nuclear energy can be used to generate electricity as much as much as it can be used for warfare.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by ucheheart(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
searay: So of all technologies in the world, it's only rocket propeller that this guy is working on. What will it be used for? Some years ago it was IED, now RP, very soon it would be produced in commercial quantity just as IED.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by dnawah(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
Good work boy!that's a direct entry to the USA.but by the way 20 na ur football age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Artificial Intelligence May End Up Ruining Our Lives / Ikeja Electric Upgrades Mobile App For Better Service / What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.