Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen (6029 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / FG To Reintroduce Toll Gates Over Bad Roads / Minister Explains Reintroduction Of Toll Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by lekanolas: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
The Federal Government has reiterated its determination to re-introduce and re-construct toll gates on federal highways to guarantee their regular maintenance and sustainability. Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, disclosed this to journalists yesterday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, while on tour of the North/ South road from Lagos- Ibadan Expressway linking Ibadan-Oyo-Ogbomoso-Ilorin Roads extending to Jebba, Mokwa, Kaduna, Kano and other northern states. He said the government is ready to go ahead with its plan for the Public Private Partnership (PPP) policy of sustaining existing infrastructure nationwide.

The minister, who addressed journalists shortly after touring the 52-kilometre Oyo-Ogbomoso Road, which is the second section of the Ibadan-Ilorin Road being handled by Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) and is expected to be completed by December 2013, said toll gates would be introduced on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as soon as the on-going reconstruction and expansion works are completed by both the RCC and Julius Berger.

He said the move to reintroduce toll gates on highways nationwide was basically to have funds to “sustain and maintain this road so that it would not go back to the sorry state we met it and similar others across the federation.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/toll-gates-back-soon-on-federal-roads-onolememen/
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Eneze1(f): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
hope this is not a way fr some corrupt individuals to siphon money lipsrsealed
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Kpac(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
What is left federal about Nigeria ?

They are producing no more infrastructures and the little they manage to execute after years of painful wait comes with a shocking cost.

They waste the country's money in a shocking manner and they make the masses pay for the supposed good thing done for them.

Nigerians gambled on electing GEJ and honestly they deserve all the hardship that comes with it.

13 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Hailedin9ja: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
He said the move to reintroduce toll gates on highways nationwide was basically to have funds to “sustain and maintain this road so that it would not go back to the sorry state we met it and similar others across the federation.”

This is what Wale Babalakin missed on Lagos-Ibadan express. A great loss is it to him and his company.

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Joeblis(m): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
I dnt get it..wetng be the use of this toll gate
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by iamswizz(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
Thiefs.... Ah! I must chop naija money too o
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Tsmooth1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
They would sharing it with robbers. After officials don use am in the day, Armed Robbers would take over in the night. And by the way what is the use of FERMA?
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by aieromon(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
It is well. Imagine a Minister making a stupid statement.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nigeria! Where to? Spend money bring it down, pay more to erect it again. Yet people are living under bridges because they can't afford to erect a single room
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by floriana(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pls what is the tally number of my comment?
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by 2rutalk1: 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
When Fashola did it no body complained rather it was a welcomed development. Since it is coming from the federal government it has become a taboo. It is high time we learnt to be objective in every public discourse.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by 3direct: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
Another way to steal my money

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by floriana(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
2ru-talk:
When Fashola did it no body complained rather it was a welcomed development. Since it is coming from the federal government it has become a taboo. It is high time we learnt to be objective in every public discourse.
Idiat, stop comparing apples with oranges. We are speaking of a Fed govt that spent about N3B to demolish the toll gates that were in place and now want to spend much more billions rebuilding them. Now azzz-licker, how many toll gates did Fashola demolish and with how much?
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by oraclefemi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nigerians are great with creating ideas but terrible at executing them and our maintenance culture is nothing to write home about.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by BabaO2: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
2ru-talk:
You be ode. infact you dont need to be responded to. When Fashola did it, there was alot of sponsored campaigns against it from PDP of both national and Lagos chapters, and even people that dont mean well for Lagos state.
The question is why PDP govt. is borrowing the same idea?. oponu oshi

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by alaoeri: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
2ru-talk:
Point of correction many ppl criticises Fashola ppl even ask FG to intervene bt FG claims that in as much its state constructed & owned road such state is free to do what they like with such roads regarding Federal high way ωε are been deceive once again by FG bcuz during subsidy saga FG claimed that Toll won't resurface any time soon on our highway which is now against what ωε are hearing.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by takedat(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Lagusta(m): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why haven't they finished that ogbomosho-oyo road... Please the contractors should speed things up, cos a lot of lives are being lost on the old road...
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by 1wolex85: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
2ru-talk:

Where were u wen fashola was being criticised? Fashola even provided alternate route (tho nt enuff) pls tell me, wats d alternate route on lagos ibadan/express way?
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by dgysoft(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Money is not †ђE problem please let them put †ђE toll gate and use †ђE money for †ђE roads. Chai I de shame for this my country. Enough is enough. Biko.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by yerafag(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Gud! Dat would b a beta way to extend the circle of their embezlement's carcus.... Fool.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by mrcali1: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why can't we bomb the toll gate
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by foyeks2001(f): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
Goodluck 4 me, Goodluck 4 u, Goodluck 4 everybody, Goodluck 4 us...
Vote Goodluck Jonathan...breath of fresh air
Vote PDP...Power 2 d pple tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by minimono(m): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
I wonder wenti oga jona they do self
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by seyibrown(f): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why can't they make up their minds on these federal toll gates?
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
Thought people were backing Fashola on the tolls. If the FG concession roads and tolls them, how is that different from the tolls in Lagos?

My view is that Federal Road principle should be scrapped- roads should be the responsibility of any State it passes through.

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by mrcali1: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
[size=16pt] Let's bomb the toll gates!!!!!![/size]
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by salolo(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
O God deliver nigerian people from unstable Govt policies. Amen
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
mr-cali:
[size=16pt] Let's bomb the toll gates!!!!!![/size]

No problem as long as we also bomb the Lagos ACN toll gates.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by searay(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
Piam! Where is Arik airline? I'm going on air now.
Re: Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen by ficoram(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
For me the issue of toll fee is a welcome developement, because when you pass through most of these roads,its a nightmare,then you begin to ask yourself how on earth ll the government commits herself to building this road, or if atall the roads are built, maintainance is another issue,the government will definately not commit her resources to this.Tolling is a world wide phenomenon and china has about the highest Tolled highway in the world.
My concern is management of this found,which I think a seperate account should be generated and not mix with the federal account.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN! 4 Dead As Political Thugs Clash At Isale Eko On Lagos Island / [PHOTOS] Buhari Pictured With Obasanjo's Alleged Money Launderer 'anne Welsh' / Barcanista & TANoids Missed IT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.