Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why This Drug Frenzy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Drug Frenzy? (1091 Views)

Mdas In Spending Frenzy As TSA Hits N2trn / ALLEGED GEJ's BRIBE Throws Lower House Into Frenzy / Igbo Frenzy Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Drug Frenzy? by hotfunmi(f): 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
Nigerian woman jailed in UK for cocaine smuggling
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
A Nigerian citizen and a mother of five has been jailed for eight and a half years in the United Kingdom after she was caught smuggling £500,000 of cocaine through Stansted Airport.

Abosede Fehintola, 57, was stopped by Customs officials on October 26, 2007 after she flew into the Essex Airport from Istanbul, Turkey. Fehintola told the officials that she was in the UK to visit her pregnant daughter.

When her suitcase had been emptied, it still felt heavy and scans revealed a package concealed within the lining. A hole was made with a spike and a more than five kilogrammess of cocaine were discovered.

Delivering the judgment at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, the judge, Charles Gratwicke, said “the importation of Class A drugs into this country is regarded as extremely serious.

“Cocaine in all its various forms brings nothing but misery, ill health and degradation to those who become addicted to it and stress and sorrow to those who are related to those addicted.

“Courts in this country have said that those who travel from abroad and decide to break laws to bring Class A into the UK must expect substantial prison sentences.”

Fehintola, a trader in children’s clothes and shoes, was also carrying £1,000 and a quantity of Nigerian currency which was seized under the proceeds of crime act.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/feb/12/607.html
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by hotfunmi(f): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
Others:

NDLEA arrests pregnant woman, other for drugs
By Wole Shadare

A 34-YEAR-OLD pregnant woman and a 55-year-old mechanical engineer have been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos for drug trafficking.

The NDLEA Spokesman, Ofoyeju Mitchel, yesterday said the woman, a mother of three who is eight-month pregnant, was arrested on February 7, 2008 for being in unlawful possession of 1.624kg of cannabis.

The arrest, according to Mitchel, took place at the baggage hall during screening of passengers on Ethiopian Airline flight from Lagos to Addis-Ababa.

The cannabis, he said, was wrapped in a black polythene bag inside another bag containing damp vegetables.

"The suspect said she was taking the bag of vegetables to her friend simply identified as Ify who lives in Dubai," Ofoyeju said.

The suspect said: "My friend in Dubai called me that I should help collect a bag of bitter-leaves from her brother to take to her. I did not know that there was drug inside it."

Mitchel, however, said: "Ignorance is no defense in drug cases. Passengers should be careful and suspicious of any parcel or bag given to them by friends or relatives as drugs could be concealed in them."

The second suspect, the 55-year-old man, was also arrested on February 7, 2008 at about 8.30 p.m. while attempting to board an Alitalia flight from Lagos to Milan.

The man, who was on his way to Paris, had ingested 767 wraps of drugs that tested positive for cocaine.

The HND holder in mechanical engineering said he agreed to traffic the drug for a fee of €1,500.
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by almondjoy(f): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
Willy willy abi na willy* over to you ooooooooooooh!  You get customer here! grin
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by hotfunmi(f): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2008
I thought tthis drug peddling business went dead because of the more sophisticated security in airports around the world. It's like the drug frenzy increased the last 6 months looking at the rate Nigerians were caught. Is it just an epidemic or there is something else responsible for it in our society?
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by hotfunmi(f): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2008
Willy willy abi na willy* over to you ooooooooooooh! You get customer here!
You dey mind that tribal tout.
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by willy4: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2008
Nah wah oooooooooooo, dis people don completely dey obsessed with Cocaine Money.
It's time to stop this shameful act, this is getting out of hand. Please Yoruba people.
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by almondjoy(f): 2:59am On Feb 16, 2008
willy*2:

Nah wah oooooooooooo, this people don completely dey obsessed with Cocaine Money.
It's time to stop this shameful act, this is getting out of hand. Please Yoruba people.

He he he he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin I love hotfunmi threads--the only reason I would visit some parts of Nairaland I swear!
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by almondjoy(f): 7:32am On Feb 16, 2008
FunmiFire:

Oh lord grant me the grace to ignore this fool because I don't want to be banned again in Jesus name.

he he he he he he he he. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
What did you do? grin

Just don't give the guys too much of a hard-on jo. Bad for the trousers if you know what a mean. grin Dry cleaning problems.

Coughs, coughs, coughs, sneezeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I better stop here--before a get carried away as usual.
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by pcicero(m): 8:03am On Feb 16, 2008
willy*2:

Nah wah oooooooooooo, this people don completely dey obsessed with Cocaine Money.

You must be a complete ignoramus. Drug business is not limited to a particular tribe. it's everywhere in Nigeria. You only need to transverse the length an breadth of Lagos- Ajao estate, Okota, Festac and behold what drug money has done. Those aboki at the NDLEA who re- route the seized drugs are Yoruba too? You are a petty ethnic chauvinist
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by willy4: 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2008
FunmiFire:

Oh lord grant me the grace to ignore this fool because I don't want to be banned again in Jesus name.
As long as you continue hiding from the truth banning will continue visiting you in Satan name.
pcicero:

You must be a complete ignoramus. Drug business is not limited to a particular tribe. it's everywhere in Nigeria.
Yes i know that Drugs business is everywhere in Nigeria, but you failed to mention which type of Drug. (legal or illegal)

There are prescribed drugs you buy from pharmacist which is a legal business every Nigerian knows that.
But the Drug i mean, which is now the symbol of Yoruba New Generation means of getting Rich quick Mentality, since no more money was left by their Politicians and Military Generals in Nigeria coffers, is (COCAINE). This Drug is illegal and it's damaging Nigeria's image.
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by almondjoy(f): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2008
You this hotfunmi sef! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

I am loving it--please keep em coming.

willy*2:

As long as you continue hiding from the truth banning will continue visiting you in Satan name.[/b]Yes i know that Drugs business is everywhere in Nigeria, but you failed to mention which type of Drug. (legal or illegal)

There are prescribed drugs you buy from pharmacist which is a legal business every Nigerian knows that.
But the Drug i mean,[b] which is now the symbol of Yoruba New Generation means of getting Rich quick Mentality,
since no more money was left by their Politicians and Military Generals in Nigeria coffers, is (COCAINE). This Drug is illegal and it's damaging Nigeria's image.

he he he he he he he he! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

FunmiFire:

Ban or no ban, Oyb is not getting any break from me until he gets circumcised by me.

Oh yeah?  I think you just lost him then! cheesy
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by bibiking1(m): 1:15am On Feb 17, 2008
FunmiFire:

Then you better behave yourself!

i wonder what u doing in the political thread anyway
Re: Why This Drug Frenzy? by almondjoy(f): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2008
Goodbye thread! kiss

(1) (Reply)

South Africa's Ministers Resign. The Markets Collapse / Efcc Arrests Ondo Accountant-general / Tears For My Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.