Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,870 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Rare Disease Leaves Teenager With Feet So Big He Can Barely Walk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rare Disease Leaves Teenager With Feet So Big He Can Barely Walk (817 Views)

Pensioner's Hernia Was So Big He Was Arrested For Shoplifting / How To Heal Cracked Feet Quickly / INCREDIBLE: Born With Feet Facing Backwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rare Disease Leaves Teenager With Feet So Big He Can Barely Walk by webaplanet(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
A 14-year-old boy’s feet has grown so big, there is no shoe big enough for him. He was forced to go to school without shoes.

Xiao Meng, from Guangxi Zhuang, China, was born with a congenital neurofibromatosis, a genetic disease that causes his feet to swell abnormally.

His family is poor and they cannot afford to pay for the treatment needed to cure his disease, sadly the boy’s feet have grown so big that he is hardly able to walk .The boy’s compassionate teacher went to the Chinese media and asked them to help fundraise money for the boy’s treatment. The Chinese media did indeed raise a large amount of money after airing the boy’s plight..

The money will pay for his treatment and living expenses while he is staying in Shanghai, for treatment. Guangxi Branch of China Southern Airlines has provided free tickets for the boy and his family to travel to Shanghai as the journey to a new life begins.

The 14-year-old had his feet treated at Children's Hospital of Shanghai, China. Doctors first cut the excess growth from his feet before allowing half a year for recovery.

"We are a normal family and it breaks my heart to see him suffer, but we have no money for

medicine," his dad Meng Zhaoguang said.

Xiao Meng said: "I like school but it hurts to walk and I cannot go fast or participate in many games. Children sometimes call me names.”

Doctors at Children's Hospital of Shanghai in eastern China, are pleased with the results of the operation.

Doctor Tang Yujin said: “We are treating the condition and when that is stable we plan to reduce the size of his feet even more so they look and feel more normal.”

http://www.yourjewishnews.com/Pages/w6384.aspx

For more Human Interest stories and events visit the blog http://

Re: Rare Disease Leaves Teenager With Feet So Big He Can Barely Walk by SwitAyi(f): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
God ve mercy,what! shocked
Re: Rare Disease Leaves Teenager With Feet So Big He Can Barely Walk by SwitAyi(f): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
sadGod ve mercy,wat!

(1) (Reply)

. / . / Help Me: Tiny Bumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.