Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32598 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Skywalker5(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

You are entitle to your opinion. I'm blessed!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: Thank you. We are way more than 2,500. This one that they even admitted too many new student's this session. Final year students are supposed to be 2 in a room but this time around they made us 3 per room because too many students were admitted. The university holds 3 thousand seated students at a time not counting those who may be be sitting at the gallery. We hold two services every sunday. So that would give us about 6000 plus students. Then adding stabbers because many students must stab(skip) chapel services, let's say we are around 7,000 plus. In my hall of residence, we are 850 and there are 5 female halls of residence. Multiply 850( doesn't mean there are also 850 in the remaining halls of residence) by 5 and you'll get 4,250. Multiply 4,250 by 2 coz there are also 5 male halls, and you'll get 8,500. You see.

Thank you veryyyyy much. Oya, Mr. Shine who said we have only about 2,500 students, come and defend yourself o. Rubb.ish.
Vaneni, people like Mr. Shine are the ones who make you guys feel like Winners chapel is doing you a favour by attending Convenant. They make your 500k seem like 50 naira, just so they can bully you when they feel like. Ofcourse i know the school spends a huge amount of money paying salaries, providing facilities and all, but that doesnt mean the authorities dont smile to the bank at the end of each academic year. Besides, an investment like a university isn't one where u'll get all ur ROI immediately. But with the huge money charged you guys, ur papa's pockets are definitely getting bigger. & besides, why does he intrude so much in school affairs? I wonder.

Abeg, God will see u thru, continue to stay out of trouble. But please when you have money and fame, be humble to people, both old and young, so that God can bless you more. Your Chancellor has a lot of lessons to learn in humility, & that's one key attribute an IDEAL & TRUE Man of God should have in excess.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by eggheaders(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

You are entitle to your opinion. I'm blessed!!!

bro,I feel your pain man.after several decades of lies intelligent folks ain't buying those poo anymore. didn't some of this same thieves con us to vote in this same failure called gej.bro go get a life and stop been spoon fed all this gibberish from this men of guns.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

I said earlier that the professors there are more than 10 yu can confirm their average number from Vannen. But come to this you dumb calculation. Is it of professors they have on staff payroll? Agree the school have a population of 8,000 student, don't you know that there are levels in academic for the academic staffs starting from a 1st Class student that are be employed as Graduate Assistant (Eagle) to Professorial level. What of non-academic staffs that out-number the academic staff? What of the laboratories, chemicals, equipments, fueling of school vehicle and all other miscellaneous cost?

Please wake up. If it is that easy don't know every Nigerian billionaire would have established at least oneuniversity now? Well ... undecided

OK, good, so you agree you LIED that there are about 2500 students in CU?

My mission was to puncture your silly claim that CU's students' fees cant pay 10 professors. & i've done justice to that.

Continue deceiving yourself in your brainwashed mind.

Peace.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by solomonkane(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Point of correction! The fees those students paid cannot pay 10 Professors salary in that institution, so you got it wrong by saying he feds on their fees instead the church gives the school subventions. Please say what you know.

Oga stop lying there. The salaries of their lecturers are basically average. A friend (A doctorate holder in English Literature) went for an interview there and was offered a monthly salary of #175k. She was given outrageous conditions like compulsory removal of tithes from her salary, compulsory attendance of chapel & and a condition that she must live in the staff quarters (and 20% of her salary was to be taken away as rent. Of course she turned it down.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:

Thank you veryyyyy much. Oya, Mr. Shine who said we have only about 2,500 students, come and defend yourself o. Rubb.ish.
Vaneni, people like Mr. Shine are the ones who make you guys feel like Winners chapel is doing you a favour by attending Convenant. They make your 500k seem like 50 naira, just so they can bully you when they feel like. Ofcourse i know the school spends a huge amount of money paying salaries, providing facilities and all, but that doesnt mean the authorities dont smile to the bank at the end of each academic year. Besides, an investment like a university isn't one where u'll get all ur ROI immediately. But with the huge money charged you guys, ur papa's pockets are definitely getting bigger. & besides, why does he intrude so much in school affairs? I wonder.

Abeg, God will see u thru, continue to stay out of trouble. But please when you have money and fame, be humble to people, both old and young, so that God can bless you more. Your Chancellor has a lot of lessons to learn in humility, & that's one key attribute an IDEAL & TRUE Man of God should have in excess.

My friend FIND OUT.
I accept i didn't get the student number correct. but that does not diminish my point. That university is not an investment ooo, please get it right. School fees don't run that school. How? ask 'Veni' one of the current project on campus now is the 7-story Senate building. Am privy to the financial cost of that project the foundation and ground floor cost the school over #300 million, you may doubt it. That senate building will cost the school nothing less than #2 billion - just one project without borrowing money from bank and this project will be completed in less than 2 years and staff salary is never delay despite this fact. Please throw away that idea of ROI.

Lamdmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State a school that is less than 2 years in existence, the initial budget for building that school was #2 billion and there are still much project going on and the student there are less than what CU has and there are student who are on 100% scholarship especially if you study Agriculture science or Agriculture engineering, these are verifiable facts. You mean the management smile to bank every session. NO.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Skywalker5(m): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
solomonkane:

Oga stop lying there. The salaries of their lecturers are basically average. A friend (A doctorate holder in English Literature) went for an interview there and was offered a monthly salary of #175k. She was given outrageous conditions like compulsory removal of tithes from her salary, compulsory attendance of chapel & and a condition that she must live in the staff quarters (and 20% of her salary was to be taken away as rent. Of course she turned it down.

WTF
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by solomonkane(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
jackbauersballs: Vanneni please shut up and stop b!tching about CU

If you hate the school so much then LEAVE

As a CU graduate I can't stress enough the serious ADVANTAGE I have had at job interviews when competing against LASU/OSU/LAG candidates...

The relative exposure you get to new technology/learning methods at CU is far ahead of what is obtainable at state-run and other private unis...

Appreciate what you have or GET OUT!

Idiota...

So you are a graduate of the sainted CU yet you abuse other ethnic groups and swear like a deranged truck driver? Wow!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by solomonkane(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sky-walker:

WTF

Its no joke, I accompanied her that day. Funny enough the head of the interview panel; Charles Ogbulogo was a mediocre colleague of hers at UNILAG who spent many years before he could get his PhD. Now I hear he's not only a professor but is the dean of the school of post graduate studies. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: . Things are different now. Bishop Oyedepo said, the time of mercy has passed that once your caught doing anything wrong, you'd get instant expulsion. No warning letteres, suspension and the rest. I can't imagine being in 500L and getting expelled. Kai, no!sad.

I'm not disputing the fact that anyone can be expelled for the slightest of reasons. All I'm saying is that those who have been expelled will be recalled to continue studies after a 2 year span.

Its been happening for some time now...and I happen to know a lot of people who have been given this second chance, after 'atoning' for their sins of course via wofbi classes.

A word of advice dear. Even if they say y'all should start plaiting thread and stop fixing/braiding, be the first to comply. It doesn't make you stupid, only wise.

Bend over as far as you possibly can, obey the rules and leave their university for them in one piece.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Mavor: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Bros read John 2:12-17 the same Jesus Christ was angry and upturn the tables of money changers and business people in the Temple 'cause they turn the house of God to a market. If the student cannot abide by a simple rule of keeping quite while their VC address them but feel like loitering, making noise, hanging out with friends even smoking weed in their hostels then the expulsion serves them right. It is such people that goes into NYSC camps and start having problem with their instructors, simple thing first.
You dey compare Jesus Christ and Oyedepo? Shay Jesus Christ collect tithes from the Jews buy private jet ni? Jesus Christ was right to be angry based on the abominations that was going on in the Temple grounds. But Oyedepo na confirmed diva. Any small thing, im go begin dey para. Na so the guy shout for VC on top small matter for front of students. The poor woman dey shake no fit talk. Imagine the bull$hit. She's a professor.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Mavor: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2012

As a CU graduate I can't stress enough the serious ADVANTAGE I have had at job interviews when competing against LASU/OSU/LAG candidates...

The relative exposure you get to new technology/learning methods at CU is far ahead of what is obtainable at state-run and other private unis...

Idiota...
You dey compare yourself with Lag graduate? Dem when dominate everywhere Shay you don dey mental? Brain-washed niggi!!!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:

Thank you veryyyyy much. Oya, Mr. Shine who said we have only about
2,500 students, come and defend yourself o. Rubb.ish.
Vaneni, people like Mr. Shine are the ones who make you guys feel like
Winners chapel is doing you a favour by attending Convenant. They make
your 500k seem like 50 naira, just so they can bully you when they feel
like. Ofcourse i know the school spends a huge amount of money paying
salaries, providing facilities and all, but that doesnt mean the
authorities dont smile to the bank at the end of each academic year.
Besides, an investment like a university isn't one where u'll get all ur
ROI immediately. But with the huge money charged you guys, ur papa's
pockets are definitely getting bigger. & besides, why does he
intrude so much in school affairs? I wonder.

Abeg, God will see u thru, continue to stay out of trouble. But please
when you have money and fame, be humble to people, both old and young,
so that God can bless you more. Your Chancellor has a lot of lessons to
learn in humility, & that's one key attribute an IDEAL & TRUE
Man of God should have in excess.
. May God help us all. All
members of the school's mannagement should go and learn how to deal with
teenagers/young adults.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Virgin Finder: I suppose most of those viewing/following this thread are CU alumni.But they have been largely mum.

Only Vanneni has been bold enough albeit wrongly.Kudos though.

Attention everybody!
If you are a CU alumnus, please stand up!!

What are you on about? So everyone who happens to be a CU alumunus should just start defending the institution? Albeit blindly?

I'll call a spade what it is at any given time of the day. I'm an alumunus of Covenant University. There, I said it. Happy now?

Nevertheless, the system of management is highly FLAWED. It seems to me that all the authorities are concerned about is making the headlines. CU expels so and so number of students or CU prevents a student from graduating for failing the drug/pregnancy test.

How does expelling students for offenses ranging from trifle to the absurd to the most heinous solve the problem facing society?

To err is human but to forgive is divine right? Why is the University stance on this different?

I wasn't gonna talk about this but this comment of yours got me spitting nails. Among those 200 expelled, I'm so sure there will be quite a number who stayed back in the halls of residence due to ill health but because the Chancellor has 'spoken', their pleas will fall on deaf ears.

Victims of circumstance you may say or even collateral damage. During my years there, quite a lot of people were expelled for the wrongest of reasons. Being an alumunus, I'm almost sure you've kept your ears to the ground for latest updates within the institution.

Need I remind you of the 'Audi Man' saga? Or do I talk about lil' John? Abi na Victoria issue? This trio single-handedly made sure a lot of students were sent home for no just cause. How is this fair?

If I have made any false comments here, feel free to prove me wrong and be sure to back up your statements. To all alumni, I'm sorry if I've said anything you find offensive.

The best way to solve a problem is by admitting there is a problem in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

My friend FIND OUT.
I accept i didn't get the student number correct. but that does not
diminish my point. That university is not an investment ooo, please get
it right. School fees don't run that school. How? ask 'Veni' one of the
current project on campus now is the 7-story Senate building. Am privy
to the financial cost of that project the foundation and ground floor
cost the school over #300 million, you may doubt it. That senate
building will cost the school nothing less than #2 billion - just one
project without borrowing money from bank and this project will be
completed in less than 2 years and staff salary is never delay despite
this fact. Please throw away that idea of ROI.

Lamdmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State a school that is less than 2
years in existence, the initial budget for building that school was #2
billion and there are still much project going on and the student there
are less than what CU has and there are student who are on 100%
scholarship especially if you study Agriculture science or Agriculture
engineering, these are verifiable facts. You mean the management smile
to bank every session. NO.
I don't know anything about how much they spend on all those buildings that they hastily built only for them to start having problems later. But I know that they sometimes delay in paying salaries.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
solomonkane:

Its no joke, I accompanied her that day. Funny enough the head of the
interview panel; Charles Ogbulogo was a mediocre colleague of hers at
UNILAG who spent many years before he could get his PhD. Now I hear he's
not only a professor but is the dean of the school of post graduate
studies. grin grin grin grin grin
*smile and smh*
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
Osheshe:

I'm not disputing the fact that anyone can be expelled for the slightest
of reasons. All I'm saying is that those who have been expelled will be
recalled to continue studies after a 2 year span.

Its been happening for some time now...and I happen to know a lot of
people who have been given this second chance, after 'atoning' for their
sins of course via wofbi classes.

A word of advice dear. Even if they say y'all should start plaiting
thread and stop fixing/braiding, be the first to comply. It doesn't make
you stupid, only wise.

Bend over as far as you possibly can, obey the rules and leave their
university for them in one piece.
smiley thank you.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Mavor: You dey compare Jesus Christ and Oyedepo?
Shay Jesus Christ collect tithes from the Jews buy private jet ni? Jesus
Christ was right to be angry based on the abominations that was going
on in the Temple grounds. But Oyedepo na confirmed diva. Any small
thing, im go begin dey para. Na so the guy shout for VC on top small
matter for front of students. The poor woman dey shake no fit talk.
Imagine the bull$hit. She's a professor.
smh
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2012

Idiota...

na wa ooo...whatever happened to the core value of spirituality? cursing like a sailor...because someone is speaking her mind?

congratulations, eagle. is this how you were taught to soar?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chloride6: 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
OYEDEPO ABEG CHOP YOUR SCHOOL AND YOUR PRIVATE JET. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chloride6: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
@selfworth are you high
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=yuzedo] Anyway, na who no pass Jamb dey go that Daycare University.. undecided Rabbish!!! angry
cant stop laffin...see yabb
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Dreystar(f): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why wont they go against the rules... Forcing them to be someone they're not wont make them someone they aint forever.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by vanminister: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
IT IS A PITY TODAY THAT MANY NOW FEAR PASTORS AND SO CALLED MEN OF GOD BUT LEAVE THE HOLY & SINCERE FEAR OF GOD OUT!

THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN RHEMA BIBLE COLLEGE IN THE USA.

MY VISION, MY VISION KO, MY VISION NI. WHAT GREATER VISION CAN BE GREATER THAN GOD'S OWN VISION?

SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GO AND LEARN CHRISTIAN LIFE & PRINCIPLES FROM BRO. W F KUMUYI.

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST HOOLIGAN IN TIES N SUIT! FIRST IT WAS A SLAP ON A WITCH FOR JESUS, NOW IT IS A THREAT OF A CURSE ON A NEW GENERATION OF KIDS!A

A LEADER SHOULD BE A ROLE MODEL AND A MENTOR.

GOD HELP ALL OF YOU IN WINNERS!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AGgal(f): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
The students were wrong 4 disobeying sch rules and regulations n 4 taking weed but d punishment is too much esp 4 d final yr students,after paying so much. Now u've expelled dem n sent dem into d world to do worst things,how does dat help?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: This is a christian school and the, mannagement should know hoe to deal with student appropriately. Like the forcing of students to attend chapel services isn't right... angry.

Am baffled! Why go to a Christian university when you don't like attending chapel/ church ?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Even in Harvard i don't think the students will be loitering around while their VC and Chancellor is in a hall to address them. Call a spade a spade - the the student did was wrong and they paid dearly for it. Period.

Don't mind them jare!

If you can't handle discipline at school ,when you start working how will you handle yourself . Will you be misbehaving whilst management is addressing staff.

Nigerians are enemies of truth. It's no wonder why the country is in shambles.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
djcrown:
I made my SSCE and JAMB in one sitting. *wasn't showing myself though,just had to reply you*

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
AG.gal:
The students were wrong 4 disobeying sch rules and
regulations n 4 taking weed but d punishment is too much esp 4 d final
yr students,after paying so much. Now u've expelled dem n sent dem into d
world to do worst things,how does dat help?
My point
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Am baffled! Why go to a Christian university when you don't like attending chapel/ church ?

If you care to, go back and read the whole thread.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by binhozie(m): 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Damn..
Was the OP among those expelled probably for his continually poor showing in English?
This article gave me a headache
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by obyrich(m): 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
50calibre: This thing sounds more like a secondary school, the restrictions are just too much but then again students who chose to attend the university knew fully well about the high standards and strict discipline the university prides itself on so it was their responsibilty to abide by them.
Did they chose to go there or were they bundled to the school by their parents?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? / JAMB UTME 2011 Cutoff Marks Of Nigerian Universities / Violence Mars Rufus Giwa Polytechnic SUG Election, One Student Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.