Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience (3079 Views)

How Persons Without Work Experience Can Boost Their Curriculum Vitae / Job Seekers: What Jobs Can You Do? / What Jobs Can I Get With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
I finished my secondary school in 2001 and then started my diploma program(Business Administration) in 2002, in OAU. While doing my diploma programme(part-time) in OAU, I was working in pharmaceutical company as a sales/marketing executive. After the completion of my diploma programme in 2004, I started my B.Sc program, also in business administration in 2004. I got my B.Sc degree by 2009. On completion of my B.Sc, I enrolled for my Masters abroad in 2009. I completed my MBA program in 2011 after which I came back for my NYSC which I'll be completing in February 2013. I want to start applying for jobs but don't know which type of jobs to apply for.
My service is in a logistics company. Also, I worked for 3 months in a logistics company before I left for my masters.

Please your candid advice will be well appreciated.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Rusau: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
vendeze: I finished my secondary school in 2001 and then started my diploma program(Business Administration) in 2002, in OAU. While doing my diploma programme(part-time) in OAU, I was working in pharmaceutical company as a sales/marketing executive. After the completion of my diploma programme in 2004, I started my B.Sc program, also in business administration in 2004. I got my B.Sc degree by 2009. On completion of my B.Sc, I enrolled for my Masters abroad in 2009. I completed my MBA program in 2011 after which I came back for my NYSC which I'll be completing in February 2013. I want to start applying for jobs but don't know which type of jobs to apply for.
My service is in a logistics company. Also, I worked for 3 months in a logistics company before I left for my masters.

lecturing.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't think I'll make a good lecturer.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Insanity(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
You did business administration for 10 years and you don't know the sort of position/job you should be applying to? You have sales and marketing experience, you can check out marketing/sales executive. Is there no corelation of logistics and business administration? You should research on that to gain more knowledge on the diversity of that discipline. Goodluck!

>Peace
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2012
^^^Thanks

More suggestions are still welcome.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
You can apply for anything. No be Naija we dey? Na to just get good job be the koko.

But since you have an MBA without experience because to me you dont have experience, you can be applying for supervisory role, instead of graduate triainees as companies may not want to make you a manager because of your lack of experience.

However, if you do not mind you can also apply for graduate jobs anyway. All in all, its God that blesses one with a good job, not certificates. Certificates only allow God, maybe to improve your chances.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
^^ thanks, more suggestions are welcome
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by irsakant: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
My candid words are that by your level of your educational exposure, you have known where your cap fits you. However, wit ur MBA and stint experience, u can go for managerial position, though, in auxillary capacity or role such as Administrative Assisant, Assistant Manager or better still, Business Development Manger or Officer etc. Logistic posts are also good. But remember, it depends how you flaunt your profice in your CV/Resume. Besides, I did same programme in Ife too in 2004. My email is nuelakosa@gmail.com if u care 4 a reunion.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by ifyalways(f): 5:46am On Dec 11, 2012
Supervisory role in any type of organisation or trainee manager.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
I really appreciate the suggestions given so far.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Seun(m): 7:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Admin officer jobs.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by okeyxyz(m): 4:46am On Feb 12, 2013
vendeze: I finished my secondary school in 2001 and then started my diploma program(Business Administration) in 2002, in OAU. While doing my diploma programme(part-time) in OAU, I was working in pharmaceutical company as a sales/marketing executive. After the completion of my diploma programme in 2004, I started my B.Sc program, also in business administration in 2004. I got my B.Sc degree by 2009. On completion of my B.Sc, I enrolled for my Masters abroad in 2009. I completed my MBA program in 2011 after which I came back for my NYSC which I'll be completing in February 2013. I want to start applying for jobs but don't know which type of jobs to apply for.

With an MBA you can apply for any administrative job(just below management) anywhere, then progress to management. Some experience would have made you eligible for an immediate management role but your there's a huge gap between your pharmaceutical job and your logistics internship/service roles. Just get about two years of experience and you can shoot for management positions. Or you could go into management straight away in any small/medium sized business, give it about two years, then shoot for low/mid-level management in a big/multinational company. Good luck.
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
Really appreciate the response...
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Volunteerin9ja: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
It is true you need a job to earn a living. Volunteering really does have a cost and the volunteer should be ready to bear it. Sometimes, people do not even have transport money to move around. However, volunteering is a great way to start doing something about your career and broaden your experiences. See this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1360366/volunteering-great-way-gain-work

With the Volunteer in Nigeria project, we are doing what we can to make sure volunteers receive basic benefits. We believe there are ways companies can incorporate volunteering programmes but not as a substitute for job placements. However, volunteering at NGOs can be just as great since they are quite open because they do not have to worry about competition.

You can follow our blog via email and sign up with us to learn of new openings. We are committed to the career development of our volunteers so we inform them about free training and other career opportunities they can take advantage of.

Blog: volunteerinnigeria.
Facebook page: facebook.com/volunteerinnigeria
Twitter: twitter.com/NaijaVolunteers

The best way to talk is via joining our Facebook groups for your state of residence. To find our group for your state, type www./volunteerinnigeria.[state]

For example,

Abuja group: www./volunteerinnigeria.abuja

Regards
Re: What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply For With An MBA And Little Or No Work Experience by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2013
Thank God, I was finally retained by the company I served in, A.G Leventis

(1) (Reply)

Sales Executive -metal And Steel- Aluminum / Please Help Me Look Into This Interview Invite. / Do You Knw Hnd Or Nd Holder In Accounting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.