Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Pls Help My Head Itches - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help My Head Itches (2960 Views)

Ladies Only! 5 Reasons Why Your Vagina Itches / My Body Itches Me Everytime I Have My Bath. / My Head Itches. Am I Going Bald? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Head Itches by masam(m): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2008
Hi,

Im new on nairaland, docs pls help  cry i've been having this itching on my head and body for a while now but no rashes,pls docs wat could be d cause and possible remedy
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by ifyalways(f): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2008
masam:

Hi,

I'm new on nairaland, docs please help cry i've been having this itching on my head and body for a while now but no rashes,please docs what could be d cause and possible remedy
hehe.you are prolly suffering from okpu isi eri ego,aka school children cheesy cheesy

you might be suffering from body and head louse.there are lots of insecticidal products to treat that.do someting too abt your personal hygiene.
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by fsb(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2008
Interestingly, ifyalways could be right. You should also take a good look at your body in the mirror to look for hypopigmented lesions, there are many differentials of body itching. In the mean time, you should go to your primary physician who could refer you to a dermatologist.
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by TOYOSI20(f): 2:14am On Feb 14, 2008
@Poster
U probably need to shave ur head, and start out on a series of anti-dandruff treatment regimen

and then change ur sheets, and pillow cases, fast. shocked

Finally, go see a dermatologist, to see if u caught and infection from excessive scratching,

Hope this helps.
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 14, 2008
Your itching could be purely dermatological, which is a skin issue. Eczema, dermatitis to name a few.

Your best bet is to see a dermatologist, or most pharmacists can advice.

ifyalways:

hehe.you are prolly suffering from okpu isi eri ego,aka school children cheesy cheesy

you might be suffering from body and head louse.there are lots of insecticidal products to treat that.do someting too about your personal hygiene.

You're wrong. If you do some research, you'll discove that lice are not limited to those with poor personal hygiene, that's a very common misconception. The cleanest of people can have headlice, in the same vein, one with poor personal hygiene can be lice-free at all times.
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by masam(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2008
Hi i really appreciate ur contributions, actually i have met with my doc and he gave me a shampoo like cream to be using on d affected areas with some tabs. Tanx once more
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by ifyalways(f): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2008
@siena,.talking of very clean people having lice,thats new to me  shocked .lice is synonymous with dirt and bad personal hygiene.(not washing clothes well,sharing of some personal belongings like comb,towel,dirty and unwashed beddings) and living with infected people either in a crowded room or on same bed.can you share the source of your discovery ? we learn daily
@poster,good you saw a dermatologist.all d best !
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by TOYOSI20(f): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2008
@Masam

U're welcome, I'm happy for u kiss
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by efuah(f): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2008
@TOYO. . . sharing kisses? lipsrsealed

Siena:

You're wrong. If you do some research, you'll discove that lice are not limited to those with poor personal hygiene, that's a very common misconception. The cleanest of people can have headlice, in the same vein, one with poor personal hygiene can be lice-free at all times.
a cleanest person with lice? where did u see that one?. . . the source of discovery pls tongue
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by ifyalways(f): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Efuah,i have asked him that and hes yet to surface with a reply.guess we have to keep waiting then cheesy
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by TOYOSI20(f): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2008
efuah:

@TOYO. . . sharing kisses?  angry

I'm happy that all is well that's all!!!!!!
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2008
ifyalways:

@Efuah,i have asked him that and hes yet to surface with a reply.guess we have to keep waiting then cheesy

Ify. You're clean, you attend classes, or share a crowded bus with a person or persons with head lice, and you pick up the bugs too!

But, that does NOT make you dirty.

I also attended primary school in Nigeria, and I used to marvel how some of the really dirty kids were free from lice, unbelievable!

The misconception that only dirty people with poor hygiene contract head lice is the same stereotypical view, that only promiscious or gay people contract HIV. Not everything's black and white. There are other factors, which most people fail (or prefer not to) grasp.
Re: Pls Help My Head Itches by ifyalways(f): 7:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
Siena:

Ify. You're clean, you attend classes, or share a crowded bus with a person or persons with head lice, and you pick up the bugs too!

yeah,this is true.close contact with infected ppl.thanks for taking the time to explain
this your signature sef undecided hope you know what it means tongue

(1) (Reply)

Bizarre: Woman Gives Birth To Conjoined Twins With Three Legs In Benue(pic) / Unbelievable Transformation Of The Little Girl With The Gigantic Head / Kayan Mata At Low Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.