Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? (609 Views)

White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children? / My Wedding Is In A Week And I Have Pimples All Over My Face. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Holla, Nairalanders!!
Just wanna know, how many of you would prefer, for your wedding, to just waltz into the marriage registry and sign the necessary forms (court marriage) and then host a little party for the family and maybe call a priest (or whatever religious minister floats your boat) to bless the union briefly before the party commences.
Thing is, my cousin did this and had over a few guests in his house, some family, and a priest and that was it. No fancy white wedding, no cutthroat wedding gowns and the associated exorbitant makeuP artist fees, no extravagant reception. Just a few people made the get together special and that was it. He's married for two years now and i've never seen any couple happier.
My question is, does the absence of a flashy white wedding (just after the flashy traditional wedding) diminish the validity of any marriage union??
Thanx.
Re: White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
You can still wear your white gown in a registry and do all those things you just explained up there..... cut your coat according to your size and don't copy copy my 1cent. grin

1 Like

Re: White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? by Lasinoh: 12:36am On Dec 06, 2012
Tufiakwa!
Native law only! cool

Registry and native law marriage only.
Who wanno feed a damn church with my money?
Tufiakwa I say!
Highly unnecessary in my life. . . .
To each his or her bag of garri please!
Nor bring am come near me o! kiss
Re: White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh: Tufiakwa!
Native law only! cool

Tufiakwa I say!

Lol!! I see whr u'r coming from.. cheesy
Re: White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh: Tufiakwa!
Native law only! cool

Tufiakwa I say!

Lasinoh, you're one funny babe!

Poster, I love your cousin's wedding arrangement. No unnecessary lao loa spending. How was he able to sell the idea to both families?

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between A Driver;s License And A Marriage License / What Adverts Have Your Child Re-acted To? / My Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.