Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 (10557 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Azikiwe And Nkrumah In The 1960s / Throwback Picture Of Bukola Saraki And His Father In 1960s / Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Campaigns In Style In The 1960s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx: Lmao @ pictures of Nigeria - even the best parts of Ekiti look a village in serengeti.... undecided undecided

Are you dying for my attention, dude? Ekiti still cleaner than most part of your Lagos.
What's with the stalking with several IDs? Please control yourself and whatever it is that is scratching you down there.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by HighChief4(m): 3:53am On Dec 06, 2012
sagytarius™:
Ileke, you were spot on, not until u uploaded those Ekiti Pixs. It makes me wonder if its no longer a comparison between Nigeria and Kenya (1960s) but a comparison among states in Nigeria. Are you a bigot?

My dear Ileke used to be a very lovely person before she turned to a bigot. I used to love her posts back then. Its so sad mehn
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 06, 2012
High_Chief:

My dear Ileke used to be a very lovely person before she turned to a bigot. I used to love her posts back then. Its so sad mehn

I'd have cried if this was coming from ndu_chucks. Unfortunately, it's coming from my "very lovely" best bigot, you tongue

sagytarius™:
Ileke, you were spot on, not until u uploaded those Ekiti Pixs. It makes me wonder if its no longer a comparison between Nigeria and Kenya (1960s) but a comparison among states in Nigeria. Are you a bigot?

I didn't even see this reply.
Me? A bigot? Create a thread for that, but right now let's focus on the degraded state of Nigeria.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by HighChief4(m): 4:01am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'd have cried if this was coming from ndu_chucks. Unfortunately, it's coming from my "very lovely" best bigot, you tongue

But you know me too well, I don't have time for all that. Honestly, I wish you could change(I mean it)
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Sybellah:
lmaooo @ Mau Mau grin what does that even mean?

How r u doing doing by the way? smiley

Mau Mau are some people from the Kikuyu tribe of Kenya who revolted against the British colonialists...

I'm good, babes... I kinda miss your e-kisses.. wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by koruji(m): 4:07am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke - that is why I said probably, since I don't have pictures and in no position to find any.
I have indeed visited Nairobi (although not in 2012) and there is nothing really to write home about, and even with way Lagos was at the time it would still top comparable parts of Nairobi.

Still, the fact remains that you cannot compare 1960 Kenya to 2012 Nigeria.
Compare the same years and you might have something if you make the locations also comparable.
You can't for example compare Ado-Ekiti/Akure/Osogbo to Nairobi - you 'll have to compare Abuja to Nairobi (in 2012) or Lagos to Nairobi (in 1960).
In fact, picture-comparison of cities is a red herring unless you are focused on specific equivalent spots.

Ileke-IdI:

Which way are we supposed to talk about Nigeria? Are we supposed to lie and sugar-coat the situation?
Please offer me pictorial evidence that supports this argument. Infact, if not pictorial, some evidential comparisons.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 06, 2012
High_Chief:

But you know me too well, I don't have time for all that. Honestly, I wish you could change(I mean it)

Don't even try me. You can't expect something from someone else that you yourself arent willing to do.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you dying for my attention, dude? Ekiti still cleaner than most part of your Lagos.
What's with the stalking with several IDs? Please control yourself and whatever it is that is scratching you down there.

Who's stalking you?? angry

Your obsession is getting scary now - I bet you dream about me every night, don't lie?... undecided

I won't diss your Ekiti because of mynd_44, ekt_bear, and Aigbofa - just go and sin 'nomore'. undecided undecided undecided
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

Who's stalking you?? angry

Your obsession is getting scary now - I bet you dream about me every night, don't lie?... undecided

I won't diss your Ekiti because of mynd_44, ekt_bear, and Aigbofa - just go and sin 'nomore'. undecided undecided undecided

Please find some place to sit yourself.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 06, 2012
koruji: Ileke - that is why I said probably, since I don't have pictures and in no position to find any.
I have indeed visited Nairobi (although not in 2012) and there is nothing really to write home about, and even with way Lagos was at the time it would still top comparable parts of Nairobi.

Still, the fact remains that you cannot compare 1960 Kenya to 2012 Nigeria.
Compare the same years and you might have something if you make the locations also comparable.
You can't for example compare Ado-Ekiti/Akure/Osogbo to Nairobi - you 'll have to compare Abuja to Nairobi (in 2012) or Lagos to Nairobi (in 1960).
In fact, picture-comparison of cities is a red herring unless you are focused on specific equivalent spots.

I see what you're saying. However, the pictures I've posted after the whining by ROSSIK are not only of Nairobi.

Why not compare Kenya and Nigeria when Kenya has shown us physically of its development, while Nigeria draws backwards. It's a shame that Nigeria cannot compare to a developments of another country from 50+ years ago.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Please find something to sit yourself.

I'm sitting on your head already, hence why you can't get my handle out of your head... undecided undecided
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

Mau Mau are some people from the Kikuyu tribe of Kenya who revolted against the British colonialists...

I'm good, babes... I kinda miss your e-kisses.. wink

i kinda miss yours too hun kiss

lool i thought u were being derogatory when sayin mau mau, it just sounds funny
--
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by HighChief4(m): 4:12am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Don't even try me. You can't expect something from someone else that you yourself arent willing to do.

Let me not derail your thread, but just try and ponder on what I said. Meanwhile, you going to Nigeria this xmas?
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 06, 2012
High_Chief:

Let me not derail your thread, but just try and ponder on what I said. Meanwhile, you going to Nigeria this xmas?

Even if I was, you think I'd disclose that info to you? Think on what I said too. Stop being a bigot. wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 06, 2012
Sybellah:
i kinda miss yours too hun kiss

lool i thought u were being derogatory when sayin mau mau, it just sounds funny

That's my Ivorian queen... kiss kiss wink

You know I don't use derogatory words for black people, except they diss my ethnic group - black power!! wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

That's my Ivorian queen... kiss kiss wink

You know I don't use derogatory words for black people, except they diss my ethnic group - black power!! wink

grin i know u r very polite, only pple lookin for trouble with u when u r just there peaceful in your corner wink wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Could you please continue your conversation with yourself on another thread?

Awon were po l'ori nL yii sha.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 06, 2012
Sybellah:
grin i know u r very polite, only pple lookin for trouble with u when u r just there peaceful in your corner wink wink

kiss That's why you're my queen because you're one of the few people who understand my nl personality... wink grin

I try my best to be as objective as possible, but some people just hate my handle for no reason whatsoever...

And as an original black man, I have to fight back...

What are you up to, anyway?? wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

kiss That's why you're my queen because you're one of the few people who understand my nl personality... wink grin

What are you up to, anyway?? wink

i am chillin fo now and gonna get back to study, i have exams tomorrow
what u doing still up? it's kinda late for u in the UK
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by HighChief4(m): 4:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Even if I was, you think I'd disclose that info to you? Think on what I said too. Stop being a bigot. wink

The info wouldn't be any useful to me either and please am not a bigot ma'am wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 06, 2012
Bwahahahahahaha

This chic has gone nuts..

Everyone that chats to shymmex is shymmex lmao... grin

Freaking nutter!! undecided
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 06, 2012
High_Chief:

The info wouldn't be any useful to me either and please am not a bigot ma'am wink

Ok
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 06, 2012
Sybellah:
i am chillin fo now and gonna get back to study, i have exams tomorrow
what u doing still up? it's kinda late for u in the UK

I'm taking a professional exam next month - just doing some simulations on my computer before I hit the sheet.. wink

I'll leave you to study for your exams - good luck, queen.. wink
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

I'm taking a professional exam next month - just doing some simulations on my computer before I hit the sheet.. wink

I'll leave you to study for your exams - good luck, queen.. wink

thanx hun wink
i ll ttyl , take care
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2012
Gosh! I'm tired of copying pics. I might be back in the evening with more pics (particularly pics from the '50s and '60s).

Pictures from the thread "Nigeria: The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly".

https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly

(You can go there to see more).

Enjoy smiley
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:40am On Dec 06, 2012
King's Square, Benin City
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:40am On Dec 06, 2012
Falomo Roundabout at christmas.
Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:41am On Dec 06, 2012
King's Square, Benin City.

Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Falomo Roundabout at christmas.

Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2012
Falomo Roundabout at Ramadan

Re: What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012 by naptu2: 5:45am On Dec 06, 2012
Cable cars @ Obudu Cattle Ranch, Cross River State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Be Ruthless In Fighting Bandits, Buhari Tells Military / Soludo Inspects Ezi Adimorah-Nanka-Isuofia Rd, Promises To Build More Roads / Kogi 2023: Don’t Follow Strangers, Hold On To Tested, Trusted Leaders - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.