Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa (12867 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Tonto Dikeh's Touching Tribute To The Late Muna Obiekwe / Drop A Tribute To Micheal Jackson Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Genuinegists: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2012
Veteran Nollywood actor, Enebeli Elebuwa, died at the New Delhi hospital in India after battling with a prolonged aliment. The news of his death is coming at a time when the film industry is still mourning the death of another Nollywood actor, Pete Eneh.

Despite still being shaken, Nollywood stakeholders have sent condolence messages to his family. Elebuwa was married with four kids.

President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Segun Arinze, confirmed Elebuwa’s death. “He fought gallantly. He was a great actor. We all called him Andrew but unfortunately, he has checked out. We thank the Delta State Government which stood by him. We also thank the Delta State Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Richard Mofe-Damijo, for his efforts,” he said.

Richard Mofe-Damijo said he spoke to him last week and he was in great spirits and was thanking the government for taking care of him. “He told me he was much better and walking with his feet. In fact we were even beginning to think of his return. He will be greatly missed. He was a fantastic human being and a great actor. He was a gentle giant.

I was close to him and I will miss his gentle and sweet personality because he was a great man, as well as an accomplished actor,” he said.

Another actor, Zack Orji described Elebuwa’s death as regrettable. ‘‘His death is a shock. May his soul rest in peace,’’ he said.

Delta State Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, who commiserated with the family of the deceased and the entertainment industry, added that Elebuwa’s death was “painful and saddening”.

Uduaghan, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sunny Ogefere, said he could’nt believe that the efforts made by Nigerians to save his life did not yield the desired result.

Joseph Benjamin, actor and host of the popular MTN Project Fame said it was a great loss to the film industry.

“He is most respected and cherished and although we never worked together, I have the utmost and profound respect for him. He is one of the greatest and he will surely be missed. My heart goes out to his family.”

Actress Ebube Nwagbo, also paid tribute; “It’s such a sad news after all the struggles. But God knows best. It’s such a big loss to Nollywood and beyond. May his soul rest in perfect peace.”

On tweeter, Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker reacted to Elebuwa’s death :”I have worked with Enebeli Elebuwa, he was a fantastic actor, may his soul rest in peace. Nollywood has lost another great one.”

In a special tribute, iROKOtv said: “…Many people will be saddened by the death of this veteran actor, and in memory of his death, iROKOtv, the world’s largest distributor of Nollywood entertainment is making “Save Our Souls” featuring Enebeli Elebuwa, Kenneth Okonkwo, Oby Edozie and Segun Arinze, FREE.”

Elebuwa featured in several movies, including Domitila, Oracle and Mirror in the Sun
Watch movie; ‘Dry my tears 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5ewTQPpQU&feature=player_embedded

http://www./we-will-miss-y…my-tears-watch/
http://www./
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by brixton: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2012
May his soul find peace ind great beyond

2 Likes

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by markus1133: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
r.i.p
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by free2ryhme: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
This is a typical African mentality. So quick to send in tributes after the man had died but when he was alive and needed financial assistance for his ailment they were nowhere to be found. Wicked pple angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
^ My thinking exactly. People only come out when someone has died. angry angry angry
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Maxdiamond(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
R.i.p.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by OME1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Where were they when he was ill and lost his eye? ...I don't think any of them opened up a fund for his treatment now that he is dead..they are now writing tributes...God dey o
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by trent9002(m): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why would a man with such wealthy friends be sent to INDIA for treatment in the first place.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by BeraBera(f): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
RIP Enebeli. I hope he found time to accept Jesus Christ while u were still alive, just in case he had not done that before.

1 Like

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
WHEN[/b]THE[b]YOUNG[/b]MAN[b]NEEDED[/b]HELP[b]FINICIALLY[/b]NO[/b]HELPER[/b]0
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
r.i.p

1 Like

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Navalsadiq(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
rest in peace!
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by firmcy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
undecided
free2ryhme: This is a typical African mentality. So quick to send in tributes after the man had died but when he was alive and needed financial assistance for his ailment they were nowhere to be found. Wicked pple angry angry
why ar u vexing,if u want your own condolences why dont you die so we can send urs nd stop coming here 2 abuse others.................mtcheeeeeeeeeew

undecided
free2ryhme: This is a typical African mentality. So quick to send in tributes after the man had died but when he was alive and needed financial assistance for his ailment they were nowhere to be found. Wicked pple angry angry
why ar u vexing,if u want your own condolences why dont you die so we can send urs nd stop coming here 2 abuse others.................mtcheeeeeeeeeew
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Precchris: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
May ur gentle soul rest in perfect peace in d bossom of d LORD in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by iamswizz(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
www.shout.com.ng
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Clemzy16(m): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
What you wrote makes no sense. Did you even read the articale?! Delta state government in colloboration with actor turned politician 'Richard-mofe-damijo' (RMD) who is the present commissioner of culture and tourism of delta state paid for the trip to fly him abroad (indian) for treatment. The report also states that there was frequent communication with him concerning his health before he later passed away. What else did you expect from from close associate?! Die with him?! BTW, are you not human too, what did you do to help him?! Sh[i]t happens but lives moves on. Not everytime a celebrity dies then You're looking for who to blame. His death is only natural and we should accept it the way it is. The man is aged already; besides he wasen't going to live forever. Was he?! When my grandfather died, it wasen't on Nairaland frontpage, the local nor state government never condoled with us etc.. Because my grandfather wasen't popular does not make him a nobody. This i say is the highest peak of inferiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Rastamann: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
Rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by deltaforce7(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
Rest in peace . You have played your role in the entertainment industry. God keep your family.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Meridian(f): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Our gem in d industry rest in d bosom of our LORD JESUS. U have fought a good fight. We all loves u bt God loves u more
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Buc(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Wondering what fireman's condolence would be like. Or can man of God raise him? Since he fail at healing him.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Meridian(f): 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
Buc: Wondering what fireman's condolence would be like. Or can man of God raise him? Since he fail at healing him.

Friend, life and death are in d hands of God nt in d hands of a man of God.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by DeGrace01(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
r.i.p. my healt goes out to the entire family, what a great loss to us his fans.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by mikey2fin: 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yeah! Tribute are now pouring but when he was still alive begging for help, They were nowhere now
tribute is pouring in from all Corners. We all raise two of our fingers up for PEACE as if we mean it
Ndi-ARA!!!
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by tessyade: 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
O.M.E:
Where were they when he was ill and lost his eye? ...I don't think any of them opened up a fund for his treatment now that he is dead..they are now writing tributes...God dey o
I guess you commented without reading the story. Please read the story again and take note of where Enebeli himself appreciated the efforts of the Delta state government and RMD. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by klax(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
tessyade: I guess you commented without reading the story. Please read the story again and take note of where Enebeli himself appreciated the efforts of the Delta state government and RMD. May his soul rest in peace.

Fine we appreciate what Delta Govt did and pls what do you mean by RMD is this somebody name or what? If its somebody name pls put it right for all to understand you well.

As far this veteran actor is concern he was left alone too late to assist and here comes his death and now Actors are sending their tribute pls what tribute?? Tribute of flanking around with customize plate number Hummer Tribute about riding Range Rover Evogue or Tribute of renting a single room apartment in Abuja with 5million Naira a year and yet Enebeli was beggin for financial help? please mr Actors and madam actress what a hell is your tribute all about??

Well Enebeli REST IN PEACE!!!!! pls never mind all these time waster liars actors and actresess tribute they are all pretenders and liars. Stella God bless you did your best.

1 Like

Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by SamMilla1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
Not that i wish anybody death but
There are several very old actors in Nollywood now. We must not fake surprise if we heard that any of them died in the near future. Death is inevitable no matter your career or status. RIP Enebeli. We will miss you but we all must always be ready for such news. It is constantly coming from all angle #reality.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by Koolface4u: 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by murphyshizzle4: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
May his soul rest in peace .. Murphy..
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by ctreasure1(f): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
May his soul rest in perfect peace, he was one of my favorite actor, may the good Lord keep ur family Amen.
Re: Actors Tribute To Enebeli Elebuwa by ubong560(m): 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
It seems nollywood is more diabolical now dan b4. How com different sicknesses attacked them b4 they finally died. PETE ENE even had his leg amputated. WTF! I heard recently dat PETE EDOCHIE too is nt feeling vry fyn. Can som1 confirm to dis? I think one needs to b vry careful wit dis nollywood stuff. OH GOD OF MERCY, HELP ME LORD!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondary School Student Behaving Very Bad. See Photos Here / Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School / Nengi, Itel Donates Libraries, Educational Materials To Schools In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.