Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise (19174 Views)

Dangote And Otedola Flaunt Cheap Phones That Will Surprise You (Photos) / Spirit Fire Consumes Sokoto, Takes 43 Lives, Destroys N50m Worth Of Property / Skye Bank Takes Over Mainstreet Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by busoye19: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2012
The entrepreneurial savvy of the average Nigerian is not to be taken for a joke or trifled with. When our correspondent came across an Agege Bread shop in London, he was stuck in disbelief. Undoubtedly Agege Bread has infiltrated the cosmopolitan city of London.

Agege Bread is a loaf of bread made popular by the bakers from the same Lagos suburb that make the bread. Millions of Lagosians are familiar with the delicacy and have it as a regular part of their balanced diet.

Now some savvy entrepreneur has taken the concept to London, England and is making a small fortune baking and delivering Nigerian styled loaves to lovers of baked products in the Queen’s own country.

One noticeable difference about the difference in the London made Agege bread is the packaging is more professional and appealing than the locally made version. However that is simply a testament to the enabling environment that a country like Great Britain affords its citizens and migrants.

According to the website of the company, “The idea of providing home away from home in England for an average Nigerian in diaspora, to enjoy quality and home taste Nigerian conventional food at the lowest possible price, was our aim that gave birth to London Agege bread. In 2005 from the East end of London, the dream was born and has since spread across the UK and Europe. From a dream, it has grown to become a household name all over London, Northern Ireland and Europe, a corporate brand and a quality standard in the bakery/confectionery industry in England offering quality, comfort and home taste satisfaction in diaspora for Nigerians and Europeans also other Africans individuals, groups, churches, mosques and other corporate organisations.”

At its South East London, Deptford Street address, diners can not only buy bread, they can choose from a plethora of other soulful dishes that immediately transport the diner mentally to a Bukka in Nigeria.

http://theheraldng.com/agege-bread-takes-london-by-surprise/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2012
Excellent! A very laudable move by the Nigerian. We should be more of exporters than importers,and of all products,Agege bread was prefered.Quite amusing as this reminds me of Osuofia looking for agege bread in London.

5 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by SamMilla1(m): 11:05am On Dec 06, 2012
cool, i will surely buy it when next i visit buckingham palace.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Arcard(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2012
Hmmm.agege bread i hope ds makes frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by gwas(m): 11:53am On Dec 06, 2012
They should export Agonyin beans too to balance the diet.

32 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by ocee31(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
The bread aint that sweet I ate it in london it can't be compared to what is in nigeria but kudos to the founder of the company nice move
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
IN TESCO YOU CAN BUY LAFUN AND YAM TUBERS. I KID YOU NOT
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by taharqa: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
lol @ Agege Bread in london.....hope it is cassava-fortified o..
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Akshow: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2012
see levelz. Agege bread don go international. Nice one
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by coogar: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
agege bread and ewa agoyin have been in london for more than 15 years. this is no news....what should be news is the fact that nigerian foods like eba and egusi have now been included in prison menu to cater for nigerian prisoners. grin

7 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Shoow!
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by alaoeri: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Agege bread 4 uk cool
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by obi123: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
UNCLE JOHN'S BREAD is the next best thing
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Seems like osofia's in london agege bread played a role

2 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
This thing has been out here for more than 5 years - that's my favourite bread...

Just get me the soft Agege bread and omelette - and I'm good.. cool
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by SisiKill1: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
One noticeable difference about the difference between. ....

Why do Nigerian articles read like a primary 1 English composition (no offense to those little darlings.....they at least have the excuse of still learning).

Aren't there editors anymore?

3 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by drnoel: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
Wow, in Nigerian innovativeness we trust. But I hope this one no get the popular bromide that made me run from agege bread when ever I visit.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by coogar: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Why do Nigerian articles read like a primary 1 English composition (no offense to those little cuties.....they at least have the excuse of still learning).

Aren't there editors anymore?

leave naija editors alone jor - go and buy your agege bread.

4 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by quicksylva(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
grin
gwas: They should export Agonyin beans too to balance the diet.
You forgot to mention AKARA.

Agege Bread + Agonyin Beans/Akara + A Chilled Bottle of Limca = ?

2 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by FBS: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Excellent. The BEST BREAD in The WORLD! cheesy
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by zeefa: 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
Its been there for a long time. We buy it here in glasgow @ african shop. Very soft! In fact I specifically instruct my wife 2 get me that bread cos I hate all the funny breads we buy from tesco. Na tiwa tiwa be my favorite.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
FBS: Excellent. The BEST BREAD in The WORLD! cheesy

Can you say that again?? grin

I used to go queue on walworth road for JA bread but my life hasn't been the same since I discovered agege bread... cool
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar: agege bread and ewa agoyin have been in london for more than 15 years. this is no news....what should be news is the fact that nigerian foods like eba and egusi have now been included in prison menu to cater for nigerian prisoners. grin

Bros no vex oh, you dey Prison for UK?

Dem dey allow una log on to Nairaland?

31 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by stpat1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar: agege bread and ewa agoyin have been in london for more than 15 years. this is no news....what should be news is the fact that nigerian foods like eba and egusi have now been included in prison menu to cater for nigerian prisoners. grin

grin are you serious? Eba and egusi for Naija prisoners? Omo see flexing
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by kunlekunle: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
gwas: They should export Agonyin beans too to balance the diet.

balanced diet
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by coogar: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:
Bros no vex oh, you dey Prison?

do i have to be in prison to know what happens in there?
bros no vex oh, you get common sense?

2 Likes

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Clemzy16(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
What about jona's cassava bread?!
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nuzo1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why are we celebrating a poisoned bread made of a poisonous and banned ingredient called potassium bromide?

Is it because its Nigerian?
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Youngzedd(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
quicksylva: ;DYou forgot to mention AKARA.

Agege Bread + Agonyin Beans/Akara + A Chilled Bottle of Limca = ?

For your side it's "Balance diet".

Hmm, no wonder we have too many young guyz with big stomach in lasgidi lol.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
nice
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Mcfemad(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:
[/b]
Bros no vex oh, you dey Prison for UK?

Dem dey allow una log on to Nairaland?

Goals scored: PortHarcourtBoy 4 -Coogar 0

coogar:
do i have to be in prison to know what happens in there?
bros no vex oh, you get common sense?

Goals scored: PortHarcourtBoy 4 -Coogar 3 grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year / Three ATM PIN Codes To Avoid / Tips And Tricks To Earn On Fiverr As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.