Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (11721 Views)

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by jimino(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Anoda avenue 4 dis thieves 2 steal nd loot our mony main while we d youth r here complain of one tin or d oda. Let take our destiny into our own hands. Dis government is nt 4 d pple bt 4 d government.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by ayoola2002(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
wilkings: Mad regime..
bros, he be like say u dey vex. Lol
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by prettyboi1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
cyril83: Nigeria @100 make i laugh in yoruba says who nigeria will ever last till dat time,mind you a word nigeria will defo be erased @55 so dnt bother to waste any fund
He-goat.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by CashVessel(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
I am of the opinion that this is totally unecessary. Why must it be located within the FCT? Does dat mean they didnt have a master-plan for the site they want to make available. Are we sure it wont end up like the present Abuja judging frm the fact that sucessive govt. may not have the will to maintain this vision. finally, what are we actually celebrating? the unequal yoking of two nations?
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by ayoola2002(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
CashVessel: I am of the opinion that this is totally unecessary. Why must it be located within the FCT? Does dat mean they didnt have a master-plan for the site they want to make available. Are we sure it wont end up like the present Abuja judging frm the fact that sucessive govt. may not have the will to maintain this vision. finally, what are we actually celebrating? the unequal yoking of two nations?
Thanks.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by SkyRider1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
IT WILL BE CORRUPTION DRIVEN, SIMPLE!
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by kinguwem: 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote author=musiwa7]This is wrong. it is one of the wrong decison of Goodluck govt.

This is why we dont not want to be part of you any more.. You see why we most leave Nigeria by force.. even if you people dont want it.. This will only lead to more violent.. look at how our people are living and will any president who care for people.. Go and say, he want to be building a new city in abuja..

Why do you think they are bombing in borno, sokoto , yobe..etc because all thing are concentrated in abuja.. while they live in poverty... other state should be first if any housing should be built..

Any responsible govt will not first build a city in abuja but will first build in the other 36 states to take care of their housing need and not abuja.. you want to get people away from abuja because the laws clearly state... abuja should not be

Goodluck leave the yoruba people and western niger no other option than use violent to speak.. which has become the only means of speaking in Nigeria.. Do people have to alway use violent on you before you do the right... the law is clear on abuja..

Even the word of God say do unto others what you want them to do unto you.. Goodluck is treating the people of the western niger bad... and people will also end up using violent to speak. I hope he knows that they can also hurt his ijaw people too , just like he is hurting our people. Do unto others what you want them to do unto you.
The state governments cannot abandon their responsiibilities to the Federal Government. Boko Haram should not be used as an excuse for failure.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by taharqa: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sarcoc: Its so sad that 90% of Nigerians her on naira land are plainly stupid! How can this announcement not be welcomed? Look at the effect of such development in Dubai! East London etc? Do you guys just criticise for the sake of it? PRIVATE SECTOR DRIVEN is the key phrase here. If they build hospitals in S Africa we complain now they want to develop Nigeria some fools are opening their wide mouths
Dont be surprisd guy.... NL is increasingly turning into an arena for KIDS and d intellectually challengd (a conditn brought about on sm of dem by HATE)...
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by demelza: 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sarcoc: Its so sad that 90% of Nigerians her on naira land are plainly stupid! How can this announcement not be welcomed? Look at the effect of such development in Dubai! East London etc? Do you guys just criticise for the sake of it? PRIVATE SECTOR DRIVEN is the key phrase here. If they build hospitals in S Africa we complain now they want to develop Nigeria some fools are opening their wide mouths
Umm... Sir, you really cannot blame the 90% who have heard this kind of talk before with nothing to show for it. Like it is said in the local parlance "na today?" Dont act as if you dont know that the private sector here is controlled by those who have connections in government. So it doesn't matter if he says private or public sector, the money go still enter the same pockets. And I wont comment on you comparing Nigeria with Dubai because I want to believe you were being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by taharqa: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
dramenda: their will be nothing like nigeria again in the next 47 year,clueless leader talking about an event thats still 47 years to come.as they say "ONLY IN 9JA"
Look at dis one who didnt read the article nor know when Nigerian protectorates where amalgamentd, calling smone else 'clueless'...... KIDS
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by thelastPope(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2012

This is why some of us don't bother commenting on NL anymore. There are 2 groups of people on NL. One group are ACN and CPC supporters who are paid to do what they do and they critisize everything for obvious reasons. The other group are mostly teens and students with BB. These one just criticize everything on every thread because they think its the trending thing to do. They dont read the article and when they manage to, they obviously don't understand it or don't care to.

Its all very childish and unintelligent.

You can debate the location but you cannot question such a project. That is the kind of thinking that you call revolutionary. Think how many jobs and business opportunities that will provide. Even the eediots commenting here will benefit directly or indirectly from it. They say the government is doing nothing and go ahead and critisize exactly what should bring that change. Imagine a foool up there saying it is a waste. How is something a waste when you will spend nothing on it but gain everything from it. Only an eediot or a partisan enemy of progress will say such a thing. Another dunce said it is not priority. What is more priority than government creating an environment for prosperity and expansion? How do you create jobs? Is it by just handing out employment letters to idle youths to come and join the corrupt and do nothing over bloated, federal character infested, work force we already have? Is it not why Lagos is talking about a mega city? It is amazing that the same ACN eediots that talk about eko atlamtic and Lagos mega city are here critisizing this. It just exposes them as the hypocrites we already know they are! They are Nigeria's worst enemy right now! They are only interested in pushing their party agenda. Shameless bunch. SMH!

Like I said before, the only thing that can be debated here is the location. I was suprised when I saw the news because we have discussed this here on NL just a while back how the government should encourage the building of new cities as a big step towards improving the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by thelastPope(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
demelza:
Umm... Sir, you really cannot blame the 90% who have heard this kind of talk before with nothing to show for it. Like it is said in the local parlance "na today?" Dont act as if you dont know that the private sector here is controlled by those who have connections in government. So it doesn't matter if he says private or public sector, the money go still enter the same pockets. And I wont comment on you comparing Nigeria with Dubai because I want to believe you were being sarcastic.

Which money will enter which pocket? You can't understand English or what? They said private sector will fund it, you say money will still enter pocket? What concern government there? What concerns you there? Which part of "government will not spend kobo there" don't you understand?
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by demelza: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
thelastPope:

Which money will enter which pocket? You can't understand English or what? They said private sector will fund it, you say money will still enter pocket? What concern government there? What concerns you there? Which part of "government will not spend kobo there" don't you understand?
Waoh! This is new! Someone actually takes the Nigerian Government by its word! Goodluck with that dude!
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Obstey01: 12:03am On Dec 07, 2012
You're making sense....... But you seem to have forgotten that Abj is the capital city and hence shouldn't be congested like Lagos, New york and oda great cities in d world. Mass immigration to Abj shouldn't be encouraged @ all. The current situation there is as a result of the obstruction of free flow of moni and uneven/complete lack of sources of maintenance for guys.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by PastorOla1: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Is this a long term plan, 48years ahead.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 07, 2012
The message is misleading.Either our corrupt leaders are involved or the government because I can not see any reason why it is private driven yet the government want to use it to celebrate the Nigeria 100 year anniversary.

These corrupt leaders need to put their words together before meeting with the press.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2012
cyril83: Nigeria @100 make i laugh in yoruba says who nigeria will ever last till dat time,mind you a word nigeria will defo be erased @55 so dnt bother to waste any fund
Try and read the write-up before commenting.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 07, 2012
afam4eva: What a waste of resources.
I tire!
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by gtrust: 1:36am On Dec 07, 2012
Yes, People are poor and hungry!
Look at it this way: if you don't set your standards as high as possible then
not only will people remain poor and hungry then next generation will even be worse!

I support people setting high goals and other struggling to catch up!
China has been struggling to catch the West and they need some 100 more years!
Dubai is such a standard in the sense that they make massive money from tourism
and continue to build megastructures and shopping haven.

I support New Cities (not only in Abuja)
I support railway, metro, mono-rail etc
I support good road net-work
I support airports of international standard
I support 24hours living meaning 3people instead of 1 will be employed!
Think about what happens elsewhere: someone works 8am till 4pm, 4pm till 12midnight
another 12midnight till 8am!

Good security set-up!

My point: we have to start from somewhere! Please, join the forward thinkers
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 07, 2012
Abeg, make them no build the thing for Abuja, Onitsha is a better location. Or the FG should sponsor such Private Sector driven Federal Cities in Three or six zones over the next twenty Year. IThat will give average Nigerians access to residences in places that actually works, meant for human being (not monkies like Lagos) with major underground drainage, gas, water, and power networks, and superior intracity transport. Building it in Abuja will limit the benefits to politicians, while those of us in oil states will still be crying over what has been spent there already! It will allow the FG to set a new standard for city development in Nigeria. Abuja should be kept small and efficient. By the way having cities that are colossally large has never been a good model, but rather an evidence of lack of planning.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by corruptst(m): 3:38am On Dec 07, 2012
thelastPope:

This is why some of us don't bother commenting on NL anymore. There are 2 groups of people on NL. One group are ACN and CPC supporters who are paid to do what they do and they critisize everything for obvious reasons. The other group are mostly teens and students with BB. These one just criticize everything on every thread because they think its the trending thing to do. They dont read the article and when they manage to, they obviously don't understand it or don't care to.

Its all very childish and unintelligent.

You can debate the location but you cannot question such a project. That is the kind of thinking that you call revolutionary. Think how many jobs and business opportunities that will provide. Even the eediots commenting here will benefit directly or indirectly from it. They say the government is doing nothing and go ahead and critisize exactly what should bring that change. Imagine a foool up there saying it is a waste. How is something a waste when you will spend nothing on it but gain everything from it. Only an eediot or a partisan ebemy of progress will say such a thing. Another dunce said it is not priority. What is more priority than government creating an environment for prosperity and expansion? How do you create jobs? Is it by just handing out employment letters to idle youths to come and join the corrupt and do nothing over bloated, federal character infested, work force we already have? Is it not why Lagos is talking about a mega city? It is amazing that the same ACN eediots that talk about eko atlamtic and Lagos mega city are here critisizing this. It just exposes them as the hypocrites we already know they are! They are Nigeria's worst enemy right now! They are only interested in pushing their party agenda. Shameless bunch. SMH!

Like I said before, the only thing that can be debated here is the location. I was suprised when I saw the news because we have discussed this here on NL just a while back how the government should encourage the building of new cities as a big step towards improving the country.

Sir, as much as I loved your contribution in d initial state, I was rather surprised wt d level and nature of foul language that u used on the thread. If u want to correct sum1, jus do so without having to use derogatory words. "I av said my own".
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Telez(m): 3:49am On Dec 07, 2012
9ja sha
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 07, 2012
I hereby Officially Give Up on this Administration.

angry angry
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by funtanherb(m): 6:02am On Dec 07, 2012
ayoola2002:
Mumuu...... Can u please, tell me the poverty level of those country you just mention?

the guy na real mumu no mind am
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Humanbeans(m): 6:12am On Dec 07, 2012
Another feather to the hat of Mr. Cluelessness. We don't need this project. Private sector driven or not some tax payer's money will be involved. This is the height of confusion. Pls tel GEJ to sit up.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2012
Dat is if nigeria gets to 100years.cus there is great distrust btw everyone
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by anonimi: 6:55am On Dec 07, 2012
This fisherman from Otuoke wey nor bin get shoes before is surely getting more clueless by the day.
Of all the priorities begging for attention na to build city for Nigeria's fake amalgamation im wan focus
Abeg when is the next elections sef?
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by mdadam: 7:17am On Dec 07, 2012
if dis idiots r realy tinking about dev. Naija they wil nt b tinking of spending this amount of money on nonsense city wen millions of nigerians r living in abject poverty. It does not matter d money is comming frm. D ting is nigerians have a bigger problem which require a more urgent attention from d gov than d useless city. Dis money d private sector are raising 4 dis project should be raised 4 a beta ting.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by bbpreye2: 7:38am On Dec 07, 2012
I think the best location for this project would have been in Bayelsa. May God give GEJ more garce to rule this nation full of retardeens, especially on NL.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by zibe(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2012
My only issue with this is the location. Abuja is developed enough. Try developing other corners of Nigeria.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by DanIlon(m): 8:38am On Dec 07, 2012
Nigeria is a pure corrupt country, laban maku try blind world over blame media for poor imagine he is protect corrupt interest,he must blame himself.
Re: FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 by tutee1000: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2012
Nigeria needs about 20 million housing units to optimally satisfy its citizens (minister for housing, 2012). Any move to provide more housing accommodation is highly welcomed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Saraki, PDP Hire American Lobbyists For Favour From US Governmen / EFCC Re-arraigns Saraki’s Aide, Makanjuola, Others For N3.5bn Fraud / Lagos Police Deploys Special Constables To Formations Accross The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.