Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (17824 Views)

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by selingel: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2009
The Federal Government has given approval for the construction of a Cargo/Passenger airport in Anambra State. The State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Maja Umeh said the approval had been conveyed to the state government, adding that the Peter Obi administration had resolved in its weekly executive council meeting held yesterday to proceed to acquire land for the establishment of the airport.
The state government he said went through the processes required and passed the various tests set for it by the federal ministry of Aviation befor the approval was given. The airport project which is to be cited at Ifite Umuleri in the Anambra East Local government area of the state, the Commissioner said is to be built in partnership with Orient Petroleum Ltd.
He added that the approval will now enable the state government to go into the field and start construction works.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=158866
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by selingel: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2009
Why are we like this in Nigeria? Airports everywhere, how many of them are viable. Besides, Asaba is nearly completing their airport cant Anambra people use that? Is airport what they really need now?.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by homegirl1: 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2009
selingel:

Why are we like this in Nigeria? Airports everywhere, how many of them are viable. Besides, Asaba is nearly completing their airport cant Anambra people use that? Is airport what they really need now?.

please i will like to know your state of origin. but before then, why didn't you tell Fashola to close MM airport for them to be using neighbouring states airport. don't drink panadol for another person's headache please.

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by otokx(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
its another way of stealing money
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
Another one? Hey!!! if they build it well., I will come! grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by chino11(m): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ Selingel or whatever u call yourself , u must b sick in the head. I don't know if ur home state has an airport but if they do let them shut is down permanently and use d neighbouring states own. Tell me what is hapning in asaba 2 warrant an airport there,is there any meaningful activity in asaba. They are banking on Anambra pple 2 patronize there airstrip which is not gonna hapn. Anambra International cargo airport which is the only cargo airport in Nigeria will serve so many purposes for the prospective users. Pple frm kogi,delta,edo,enugu,nsukka and more especially the Cities of Awka and commercial giant cities of Onitsha,Nnewi and beyond will patronize Anambra International cargo airport. In actual sense if there is any state that needs an airport its Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
So wots gonna happen to th proposed dredging of the Niger River?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Frimoore(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
please i will like to know your state of origin. but before then, why didn't you tell Fashola to close MM airport for them to be using neighbouring states airport. don't drink panadol for another person's headache please.
thank u so much my dear for such a sensible reply to a senseless and selfish observation smiley
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
chino11:

@ Selingel or whatever u call yourself , u must b sick in the head. I don't know if your home state has an airport but if they do let them shut is down permanently and use d neighbouring states own. Tell me what is hapning in asaba 2 warrant an airport there,is there any meaningful activity in asaba. They are banking on Anambra pple 2 patronize there airstrip which is not gonna hapn. Anambra International cargo airport which is the only cargo airport in Nigeria will serve so many purposes for the prospective users. Pple frm kogi,delta,edo,enugu,nsukka and more especially the Cities of Awka and commercial giant cities of Onitsha,Nnewi and beyond will patronize Anambra International cargo airport. In actual sense if there is any state that needs an airport its Anambra State.

We are waiting to see what becomes of the project. I hope it will not be another Akure airport grin grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
Frimoore:

thank u so much my dear for such a sensible reply to a senseless and selfish observation smiley

There is no point ranting, it is another avenue to embezzle.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by PCU: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2009
Instead of them to fight for the River Niger Draging rather they are trying put another project that might not be achieved. Igbo people self, I don't know the time they will wake up from their sleep.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by CY09: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
Lets just hope Anambra gets it right dis time !
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
please if they are going to build an airport, build a quality one.
not those rinka dink airports from the 1960's abeg!!
but sef all these airports everywhere.
is this airport they are trying to make international or what?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by chino11(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ Obomo1, Akure airport , lolllll. Tel me of any major economic activity in Akure? Tell me of any major company in Akure. There is no way you can use Akure to compare major cities of Awka,Onitsha and Nnewi. Onitsha and Nnewi witness major influx of pple on daily basis from the north,west and south and out of Nigeria. Again Anambra has an upcoming oil and gas refinery which over 99% completed. Again the River niger is being dredged as we speak and the sea port in Onitsha is being expanded by the Federal govt. Above all an average Iboman travels more frequently over and above an average yorubaman. So Anambra International Cargo Airport has all the potentials to be busiest airport Nigeria after Lagos,

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by citizenY(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
They should please wait for Soludo to take office. His airport will be better han Dubai airport.
That is the standard. No need wasting funds.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by poli1: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2009
Great!!! the big men can buy their jets and fly directly to their home town, 'cos i do not see how this will help the masses in Anambra O!

Well, this is yet another sign that we have a stupid government.
Rejoice my fellow Nigerians, Anambra is where the weather man says its going to rain Naira
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by koolchicco: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2009
selingel:

The most irrational post I've read on NL lately.

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2009
chino11:

@ Obomo1,  Akure airport , lolllll. Tel me of any major economic activity in Akure? Tell me of any major company in Akure. There is no way you can use Akure to compare major cities of Awka,Onitsha and Nnewi. Onitsha and Nnewi witness major influx of pple on daily basis from the north,west and south and out of Nigeria. Again Anambra has an upcoming oil and gas refinery which over 99% completed. Again the River niger is being dredged as we speak and the sea port in Onitsha is being expanded by the Federal govt. Above all an average Iboman travels more frequently over and above an average yorubaman. So Anambra International Cargo Airport has all the potentials to be busiest airport Nigeria after Lagos,

I am not against the airport, but they should get it right.I am tired of glorified airports under the guise of International Cargo Airport. We have a sample in Akwa Ibom, and Ogun State is almost embarking on there's.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
koolchicco:

, and the widest mouth ever opened in Nairaland tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Jeovy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2009
Good, maybe that will make the roads better
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
e be like say them wan mess up asaba airport.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by selingel: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2009
koolchicco:

This guy reminds me the need to ask Nairaland again to screen contributors. Some people like this dude, are just unfit for this forum, please.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by timpaker(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
grin grin grin Hey ANamBRA! una too dey copy, is it because Akwa ibom built an airport for its people to watch plane fly across them, now you want to build yours. well fasten up before they bann you Anambraians from boarding a flight or landing on there soil.  grin grin grin

undecided undecided undecided very soon plane go dey get accident for up since too many airport don de for east. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
timpaker:

grin grin grin Hey ANamBRA! una too dey copy, is it because Akwa ibom built an airport for its people to watch plane fly across them, now you want to build yours. well fasten up before they bann you Anambraians from boarding a flight or landing on there soil.  grin grin grin
how irrational!
sigh. . .
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by kehindebad(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hmmm, and they say our Government is not doing anything,
And here they go again complaining,
Sometimes i wonder what you want the government to do for you,
Come to your house and give you food?

Think about the jobs that'll be created, The upliftment of the area,
Think of the funds generated to the state when it begins operation,

And all they do is complain, complain, complain
They've not even started you say they want to chop money kai!!!

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by queenesthr(f): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2009
selingel:

Which cheap drug are you taking?
Do you know the volume of Cargo that comes into Anambra State on a daily bases?
Do you know the amount of risk Anambra business men have to take to transport their goods into Onitsha  because there is no airport in Anambra state?
PCU:

Instead of them to fight for the River Niger Draging rather they are trying put another project that might not be achieved. Igbo people self, I don't know the time they will wake up from their sleep.

Wake up from your own sleep first.

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by cvibe: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2009
High speed train would have been better.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by koolchicco: 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
selingel:

This guy reminds me the need to ask Nairaland again to screen contributors. Some people like this dude, are just unfit for this forum, please.

The screening obviously starts with ur comments here. ergo, u stand lil or no chance to make the 'A' list.
Check urself ,Bloke!!!

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by chino11(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ queenesthr ,

Thats a good one there. Hit those fools hard in the head. I wonder y they have refused to tel us there respective states, so that we can do a proper comparison. I know that the Anambra International Cargo Airport will be Nigerians busiest airport , that one na 4 sure. Anambra alrdy have a seaport, lartgest market in the black world and above all oil and gas Refinery. If there is any state in Nigeria that needs an airport its Anambra state. lol , I know that delta state is wasting their resources on airstrip, they shuld have used the money to rehabilitate militants that are blowing up pipelines. Am sure those militant is gonna blow up that airport at too, time will tell, lolllll

1 Like

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by ono(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
asha 80:

e be like say them wan mess up asaba airport.

Money wey dem for take do better things for the core Delta state. Dem just waste the thing for one useless Airport at Anioma Asaba. I wonder who Uduaghan dey pacify sef.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by asha80(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2009
ono:

Money wey dem for take do better things for the[b] core Delta state[/b]. Dem just waste the thing for one useless Airport at Anioma Asaba. I wonder who Uduaghan dey pacify sef.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by desthan(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2009
pray they also acquire hot standby ups to back up the generators, to avoid such embarrassment that happened last time at Abuja airport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Months Later, FG Yet To Fix Eko Dilapidated Bridge In Lagos - Photos / Don’t Report Insecurity As Rising, Buhari Begs Journalists / Tinubu Waves At Supporters Ahead Kano State Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.