Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Face of Eva 2005 Competition - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Face of Eva 2005 Competition (2396 Views)

Omg!! Nigerian Musician Eva Alordiah Is ........sick / John De Mol Is Big Brother( The Real Face Face Of Big Brother) / Beyonce & Eva Longoria Play Lesbians In 'Tipping Velvet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Seun(m): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2005
In 'Next TV Show?', we talked about the Face of Eva 2005 Competition, which was organized by the Nigerian Bottling Company as a way of promoting Eva Water, their bottled water product. The idea behind the competition? Young people would submit their photos and vote for the best-looking man and woman who will chosen as the Faces of Eva 2005!

Thanks to press coverage and some TV advertising, the Face of Eva promo achieved a pretty impressive level of popularity: 63783 registered voters, 163,976 web votes, and [just] 7938 SMS votes
[center]
(not anywhere close to Gulder Ultimate Search, though)[/center]

And now, the winners of the competition have been announced! They were selected via SMS voting on Saturday July 16th on 'Morning Ride' on NTA Channel 5 after making it eight from website voting on the FaceOfEva.tv Website.

The female Face Of Eva is Angel E. Ohimo, a 22 year old student who stands 5 feet 10 inches tall. The male Face of Eva is Ahumaraeze Okechukwu, a 28 year old student. And here they are:
[center]
Official Website: www.faceofeva.tv
[/center]

You know what I think? I think the organizers could have done better. You see, unlike shows like Who Wants to Be A Millionaire where you're interested in the contestants' intelligence, the Face of Eva competition is supposed to measure physical attractiveness. So why am I not particularly impressed by the looks of this no-doubt fortunate man and woman?

I have a question for you: do these Faces of Eva measure up to your standards?
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Seun(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2005
What's the purpose of going through all the trouble of voting for ppl on TV when at the end of the day the winning girl is just ok in looks? I could pick a better "Face" for them for free; I could pick one of our Nairaland ladies!

And how come those two are the winners and the girl in the picture below isn't one?
(she was one of the contestants)
[img]http://faceofeva.tv.nyud.net:8090/images/contestants/tn/tn134.jpg[/img]
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by hotangel2(f): 6:57am On Aug 09, 2005
woot. i love the girl in the picture better. If the "face of eva" is for looks, then no justice has been done. The winners don't deserve to win.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by fabian(f): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2005
OOPS! So what was the big fuss all about? These pple are not so hot. i'm not saying I look better, but am sayin there's better lookin pple out there! This just goes to show that 9jans dont vote fairly! Everyone always tries to vote their family/friends in wherever they want em to be,(so they can say, oh! You know such and such who just won blah blah blah? Well, she/he used to be my friends, sisters, roomate! cool) this is seen in the state of our Countrys Leadership. The girl who won had a lot of friends log on to the site and vote for her, guys look at her, she looks like a hussler!
Yeah, the girl who's pix Seun Posted is definitely much better lookin than her any day!
As for the guy, dont I know him from Somewhere? Help me out guys, who is he??
Ciao grin
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by DEKING3(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2005
Why do I have a feeling that something like politics was involoved? But sha, they've chosen. They face of eva (female) doesn't appear sharp and smart for this kind of a thing. Not being negative, just my opinion.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by dablessed(f): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2005
You should have known that some "ojoro" must have taken place. Trust Nigeria now - No offences meant!

The girl does not qualify at all. Even me, i fine pass am. But you see, nothing can be done at this stage abi? Its too late to cry over spilt milk.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by pkrix(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2005
If the Judges were women who are straight then she won but if not ...........................

For the guy, I think he's cute but if he is the cutest (sic) outta about 161,*** thousand that participated, then I am sorry to say that Nigeria is a load of monkeys. Even at the federal level
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Seun(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2005
The voting system probably just wasn't accurate enough. Well the second girl, whose pic I posted, is my own personal Face of Eva.

Being a man, I really don't care one bit about the guy. It's the girl I'm concerned about ... wink
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by hotangel2(f): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2005
Why should u care about the guy anyways?? rolleyes rolleyes

Both winners"wowo"..out of all teh faces in Nigeria...these ones are the winners..shio.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by IAH(f): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2005
Hmmm, that girl Seun posted looks so sweet and innocent...but the girl that won is not bad either.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Saint: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2005
You want to know why she didn't win...

It's because she's too innocent..  wink [Innocent-looking anyway...]

Seun:

What's the purpose of going through all the trouble of voting for people on TV when at the end of the day the winning girl is just ok in looks? I could pick a better "Face" for them for free; I could pick one of our Nairaland ladies!

And how come those two are the winners and the girl in the picture below isn't one?
(she was one of the contestants)
[img]http://faceofeva.tv.nyud.net:8090/images/contestants/tn/tn134.jpg[/img]
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by hotangel2(f): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2005
god the girl is fine. eye's lips..and whatnot. (i ain't a lesbian...just saying the truth)
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by angelak(f): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2005
Personally i think there's nothing so hot about Seun's choice. she looks young thats all!. cheesy
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Saint: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2005
she is young...
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by bunmijoseph(f): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2005
The new face of eva is not that bad now,and what's so special about the girl seun posted?shes just ok thats all.
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by Johnny(m): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2005
Honestly speaking, Iam disappointed in the "election" of the new faces of eva. Iam not saying that the winners are not good-looking, but I think there were better good-looking faces that contested. And I strongly believe that the number of people believed to have voted for these trio NEVER did; it was all abracadabra-the more you see,the less you understand. It's quite unfortunate!
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by eveseh(f): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2006
Johnny:

Honestly speaking, Iam disappointed in the "election" of the new faces of eva. Iam not saying that the winners are not good-looking, but I think there were better good-looking faces that contested. And I strongly believe that the number of people believed to have voted for these trio NEVER did; it was all abracadabra-the more you see,the less you understand. It's quite unfortunate!

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley
Re: Face of Eva 2005 Competition by shaban(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2006
hi every body i'm tryin 2 ask when is the face of eva comin up.so 2 aply 4 it,i 'm a student of nasarawa state university,age 22.pls can u help me 2 conferm.

(1) (Reply)

The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League / Dstv A Fraud? / Snakes On A Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.