Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

House Foundation Cost Quotation - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Foundation Cost Quotation (18165 Views)

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? / give thanks / Can A House Foundation Be Easily Converted For Other Purpose Like Workshop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by youngmill(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2009
Can't believe this trend is still running.
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by Abbygyal(f): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
Hi all wise one,

I have a plot of land (600sqm) in one of the closed estate in lekki, and I would like to build a duplex with an attached boys quarter; the rules are very strict in this estate, but I’m sure you would have a good knowledge of these areas. The land is already sand filled, I’ve got my deed, which includes the survey plan.

The estate is heavily guarded and fenced.

I recently received the following Pre build quote:

Architecture drawings = N300,000
Calculating sheets and letter of supervision = N250,000
Running cost = 250,000
Approval fee = N350000 (Is this required?)
Governor’s consent = N813,500 (Is this required?)

I’m planning to get more quotes and info on this, but would be happy if any of u wise ones could spell all the requirements the above seem a high as it does not include any build work/materials yet?

looking for reputable person/coy (with solid ref) to give a quote and execute this small project of mine!

Cheers
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by larez(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2009
With the exception of approval fee and Governor's consent, I think the prices are relatively fair, if the guy is reputable and professional. You should narrow your search down and decide and stick to one so you don't destroy goodwill by flirting with others or trying to cut him down based on other quotes that may include quacks. Remember, goodwill is always the best and foremost investment in any project. Wish you the best with your home.
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by Abbygyal(f): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
Cheers Larez,

So you reckon I require the Governor's consent and the approval?

What figure do you reckon those two should be then? still think they are a bit steep! What is the approval for? The other lady on this topic did not require either!

Cheers!
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by larez(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
Abbygyal:

Cheers Larez,

So you reckon I require the Governor's consent and the approval?

What figure do you reckon those two should be then? still think they are a bit steep! What is the approval for? The other lady on this topic did not require either!

Cheers!

From my understanding, the Governor's consent is only required for a C/O. So if there is none for the property already, then it will be required before you can commence construction. Lawyer has already broken this down somewhere here on Nairaland, which you may search to get that information. From what I understand, you will be required to have a tax clearance certificate as well. If you do not already have this, since you live in Diaspora, a fixed fee of N60,000.00 is what the government charges to give you this in Lagos.

Hope this helps.
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by jadefour20: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
Cheers Larez
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by desse: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Abbygyal

Am am a practising architect-builder

Hi, as regard your post there is no need for you going for govenors consent cause the new building planing law under the govenor BABATUNDE FASHOLA stipulates that there shsll be no development on any parcel of land without approval , hence no approval shall be given to any drawing without c of o , so i strongly advice you to go for the c of o rather than govenors consent otherwise you spent double money besides the fees you are given on govenors consent is on high side even c of o which is final is not as much as 800,000 The cost for approval is okay for 350,00. As for the other fees as regard the architectural,structural drawing and calculations it depends on your negotiation power , then ask your consultant as regard electrical and mechanical drawings cause you need these for approval when it comes to lekki and environs.

you can reach me on hopemanflee@yahoo.com or call +2348033506527,+2348073711489

cheers

desse-architect
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by ahmedoo(m): 9:19am On Aug 29, 2009
nice thread
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by larez(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2009
lol@Amadu,  You just picked up Chief Architect huh? Try work with it for some time. If you need some inspiration, visit my website gallery. Click on the thumbnail renderings to get a bigger picture. Here's the link: http://www.architecturaldefinitions.com/gallery.htm. Goodluck!

Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by larez(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2009
Heck, might as well post one of my latest creations for a Top Athlete Agent in the USA. I just love this design. wink

Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by dbodngcom: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
AKURE, ONDO STATE.
We have several plots of land for sale and
several Apartments for rent (Office & Residential) in Akure, Ondo State
Pls contact
dbod Estate & Properties
(dbod Systems Ltd)
www.dbodng.com/estate
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
larez:
I charge $225.00/Hr consultation with a minimum of 2 hours including traveling time, if I need to come out to meet the client. Ignorant guys like Ajileko (sufferhead) are the types who low-ball to trap the client and then steal them blind. My average design af approximately a 4000 sqft (heated) home costs my clients $8000.00 to $12,000.00. But then, my name stands behind the home. This is the most important cost to the client. Talent is priceless and market rates determine it's price, not drudging hourly labour. Ajileko is merely a foreman that you put at your site to make sure the workers there follow instructions. He can't understand the concept of the dignity behind Architecture.

He wouldn't know the difference between a Claude Monet, Van Gogh etc, from a painting being sold along Ikeja road by a street hawker.
Did you say Heated home?
Re: House Foundation Cost Quotation by ArcMide14(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
@ Design5 & woodpecker, thumbs up.
@all.....engage a "qualified" professional at every stages of your work from satges 1 to 3 and with reports. TRY not to allow their fee to cause you life time regrets.
I'm an architect & construction manager,relocated to kwara state from lekki lagos. archiedgeprojects@gmail.com 08038630002

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mai Deribe Mansion In Maiduguri / Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too / Fire Guts Female Hostel At UNIBEN (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.