Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? (38776 Views)

Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Help Review This Quotation / Please Check This Quotation For 3 Flats.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by sinorte: 9:15am On Mar 04, 2016
I got this plot of 60×120 land last year and I need to start developing it in order to avoid omo onile wahala.

I've decided to start by developing just a third, 60×40, of the land because of cash constraint. This decision I've taken against the idea of erecting perimeter fence on the land.

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to building/properties. So I'd welcome great ideas.

I've contracted an engineer and he sent in this quote and a sketch of what I want to build on this portion of the land. I want the properties gurus to please take a critical look at this two and please offer me advice and directions. I'll also welcome ideas outside this propositions.

Thank you so much and God bless.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tempem: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2016
You asked only for a crosscheck- in the quotation, if not, you have a poor design, there. The master's bedroom is too exposed.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Chekitaut: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2016
Location?
Dinning btw two toilet too bad.
Most people do not carry out ground beam for bongalow but I see it very important atleast one board. Apply pillars aswell u can decide not to apply this if u will demolish in future.

25 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by twinskenny(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2016
toilet and dinning to close... master bedroom and kitchen too close

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by sinorte: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2016
tempem:
You asked only for a crosscheck- in the quotation, if not, you have a poor design, there. The master's bedroom is too exposed.

I understand it could be a poor design. That is why I'm seeking opinions. Basically what I want is a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, store, living room, guest toilet and laundry...all on 60*40.

Do you know of anyone that could help with the design.

The quotation is based on the sketch.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by sinorte: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2016
Chekitaut:
Location?
Dinning btw two toilet too bad.
Most people do not carry out ground beam for bongalow but I see it very important atleast one board. Apply pillars aswell u can decide not to apply this if u will demolish in future.

Location is Ikorodu. The reason for the ground beam is because it's gonna turn out to be a storey building.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by sinorte: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2016
twinskenny:
toilet and dinning to close... master bedroom and kitchen too close

Great observation. Please do you know of anyone that could help with a proper design?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tempem: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2016
sinorte:

I understand it could be a poor design. That is why I'm seeking opinions. Basically what I want is a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, store, living room, guest toilet and laundry...all on 60*40.

Yes, Sir.. How about a private mail(PM)
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by darenyx(m): 10:26am On Mar 04, 2016
[quote author=sinorte post=43468804]

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by twinskenny(m): 10:49am On Mar 04, 2016
sinorte:

Great observation. Please do you know of anyone that could help with a proper design?

talk to this guy.... darenyx

he will do a proper sketch for you

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by sinorte: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2016
twinskenny:

Yes, thank you. I'm in touch with him already.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
twinskenny:

I concur.

I recommend him without any reservation. He's done two designs for me now.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
sinorte:
I got this plot of 60×120 land last year and I need to start developing it in order to avoid omo onile wahala.

I've decided to start by developing just a third, 60×40, of the land because of cash constraint. This decision I've taken against the idea of erecting perimeter fence on the land.

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to building/properties. So I'd welcome great ideas.

I've contracted an engineer and he sent in this quote and a sketch of what I want to build on this portion of the land. I want the properties gurus to please take a critical look at this two and please offer me advice and directions. I'll also welcome ideas outside this propositions.

My recommendation would have been a fence (even a short one) with gate and foundation.

Without a fence then they can shift markers.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Onuokwu: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
sinorte:

You can google "floor plan for 2 bedroom apartments". You should get lots of ideas to guide you. Eventually, you will have to customize the floor plan to fit into the area you intend to build.

My piece of advice....you will eventually have to fence the parcel of land anyway, so why not do it now even if it is the foundation and some coaches of block?

8 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tyor: 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
the drawing is totally not suitable....Poor ventilation, your toilets and store gets more ventilation than your Kitchen, living room and Dining room....This is Nigeria bruv, you need to place those important rooms at corners where you get cross-ventilation. That is what I think

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by RichYoungNigga: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2016
I wish i would get a quotation like this.
That's like $4000 which is a mere change.

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by phemmy88(m): 6:23am On Mar 05, 2016
CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL QUANTITY SURVEYOR FOR A PRECISE BILL OF QUANTITY

6 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tobyemmanuel(m): 6:26am On Mar 05, 2016
How many times av I told u to buy a 2D exercise book? Dis handwriting tho! D quotation seems good.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by kennysteve77: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
This design must have been done by baba Kamoru the Carpenter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by adebayo201: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by 175(m): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Oya take, and just send me mtn 1500 dazzz alll gringrin

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by AreaFada2: 6:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Do a new floor plan, then get another quote & let people have a look here.

Apart from poor ventilation of important rooms & kitchen, your store maybe too big for a 2-bed flat. It will eventually only become your BQ anyway.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

instead of u to patronize the services of an Architect, look at the wack plan u got. I tire for some Nigerians. SMH!

3 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by HRMEzeMO(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Tell him to go back to drawing board and redesign the plan,the quotation below is not professional who is he a builder or an engineer.
I bet you with that BOQ,he can't do that job.
Am a builder with yrs experience.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

That Engineer that did dis sketch shud b arrested, this is d wackest ish av seen in a long while, Jeez! Hahahahaha

6 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
U need experts bro
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Alasi20(m): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2016
Toilet, Dinning, Toilet.... .

Very Very Weak

Don't be surprised that, the man we later come for addition of money, because with what I'm seeing here concerning the BOQ, what he tender is not proper.

Consult Professional Builder/Architect and even Professional Estimator Q_S to prepared you a reasonable Bill Of Quantity. They're many Students of this Professions that we appreciate even a token from you.

Towards Building, A Better Environment Is Achieved

Proud To Be Building Technology Student

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abbco Towers Sharjah, UAE Gutted By Fire (Video) / I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.