Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Trouble With Black - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Trouble With Black (812 Views)

The Trouble With Picture Perfect By Naomi Lucas / The Trouble Of EFE / My Year Of Trouble And Sexcapades(myts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Trouble With Black by lukesh(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2012
I wonder why black is attributed with anything bad or evil; it baffles me why black is always accompanied with derogatory infinitive terms. BLACK-MARIA , A police van used in conveying convicts when the actual colour of the vehicle is blue, does this implies that we are criminals? BLACKMAIL lipsrsealed, a crime of threatening somebody or holding someone into ransom to do something or to divulge a secret, are we dubious? BLACK SKIN cool for an ebony melanin. BLACK OUT, when there is light out, why not dark out or shade out? BLACK MARKET lipsrsealed, an illegal form of trade in which goods or foreign money that are difficult to obtain are bought and sold, I’m yet to find out what is black in a market. BLACK SHEEP[/b cry], an eccentric, dissident or maverick who breaks from the norm of the family and society, suggesting a stigma to the community, please somebody tell me what is black about a sheep? Sheep is sheep. [b]BLACK BOOK or BLACK LIST shocked, a manifest of names of people, companies, products or country that a government or organization considers unacceptable and which must be avoided, for crying out loud what is the link between black, book and list. BLACK GOLD. Thank God at least riches and goldmine is identified with black this time or is it a mistake? Crude oil. grin

(1) (Reply)

Outcast / Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). / Etisalat Flash Fiction - Vote For My Story "Revelation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.