Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill (8156 Views)

Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 07, 2012
Pls I need advice here....my car finds it difficult to climd hill,even the smalest of all,and funny enough its a jeep. Am confused cos most times I jerk it hardly befor it climbs........advice urgently cos am intending to sell it.actually its a ford escape jeep manual
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:58am On Dec 07, 2012
1st of all do you use the right gears for the climb

1 Like

Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 07, 2012
Honeyhill: Pls I need advice here....my car finds it difficult to climd hill,even the smalest of all,and funny enough its a jeep. Am confused cos most times I jerk it hardly befor it climbs........advice urgently cos am intending to sell it.actually its a ford escape jeep manual

You need to be clearer, when requesting help.

When you say it's difficult for your SUV (Not Jeep) to climb hills, do you mean:

01) The engine lacks the power to climb, regardless of gear selected?
02) The engine's revving, but the automobile road speed doesn't match (slipping clutch)?

Are you using the LOW range selector (if fitted)?
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
@siena. I don't know if its d clucth or d engine doesn't have d ability to climb little hills,becos of course it has been climbing even bigger hills. I just noticed it recently. And wen its climbing smtimes d car would jerk and off. Could it be d engine becos its not long I changed it.

1 Like

Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Ogojohn(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
HAD A SIMILAR INCIDENT WITH MY MITSUBISHI SIGMA. THE ENGINE RAVES WELL. THE GEAR ENGAGES WELL BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CLIMBING A HILL THERE IT PROBLEMS START. IT WILL BE CRAWLING AND JERKING. MY MECHANIC HAS TOLD ME SEVERAL STORY. I HAVE EVEN REBANDED THE CRUCH FIBRE AND STILL THE PROBLEM PERSIST. THE MECHANIC NOW TOLD ME THE THE FIBRE I BOUGHT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. REPLACED THE ENGINE AND STILL THE PROBLEM PERSIST. REALLY NEED A CURE.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ogojohn: HAD A SIMILAR INCIDENT WITH MY MITSUBISHI SIGMA. THE ENGINE RAVES WELL. THE GEAR ENGAGES WELL BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CLIMBING A HILL THERE IT PROBLEMS START. IT WILL BE CRAWLING AND JERKING. MY MECHANIC HAS TOLD ME SEVERAL STORY. I HAVE EVEN REBANDED THE CRUCH FIBRE AND STILL THE PROBLEM PERSIST. THE MECHANIC NOW TOLD ME THE THE FIBRE I BOUGHT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. REPLACED THE ENGINE AND STILL THE PROBLEM PERSIST. REALLY NEED A CURE.

Is your car automatic or manual?
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
@ogojohn. Me am rily confused o......don't know wat else to do.....its rilly embarasing,imagine an SUV strugling to climb a small hill
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Ogojohn(m): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
Honeyhill: @ogojohn. Me am rily confused o......don't know wat else to do.....its rilly embarasing,imagine an SUV strugling to climb a small hill
IT IS A MANUAL. EVEN TODAY I CALLED A MECHANIC HE HAS NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT MY FATE WILL BE. I AM JUST STRANDED.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by youngchopper(m): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
Change ur air flow meter no much stress. Gona change mine soonest
Ogojohn: IT IS A MANUAL. EVEN TODAY I CALLED A MECHANIC HE HAS NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT MY FATE WILL BE. I AM JUST STRANDED.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ogojohn: IT IS A MANUAL. EVEN TODAY I CALLED A MECHANIC HE HAS NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT MY FATE WILL BE. I AM JUST STRANDED.

Please, change your mechanic! In this day and age, a "mechanic" is still relining the clutch friction disc with "fibre!" You need to buy a complete three-piece clutch - release bearing, pressure plate AND friction disc. Not all this lining stuff. That stuff went out with Noah's ark.

1 Like

Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
Honeyhill: @siena. I don't know if its d clucth or d engine doesn't have d ability to climb little hills,becos of course it has been climbing even bigger hills. I just noticed it recently. And wen its climbing smtimes d car would jerk and off. Could it be d engine becos its not long I changed it.

I still don't understand you. Do you mean the engine lacks power? What does it idle like? Is it more sluggish on level ground, compared to how it used to be in the past?

Any warning lights on the dash?
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
@sienna ....its nornal on plain ground...nd no warning on d dash
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2012
Mr moderator is really flexing his muscles on this thread, hiding my post and nisspart post.
Ikenna, if care is not taking, I will kidnap that your Peugeot old school and sell for parts in ladipo market o!!!
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by nissparts(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2012
Ikenna, you realize that piece of information is vital?
What makes you think he's not referring to the same vehicle?
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Ikenna351(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2012
nissparts: Ikenna, you realize that piece of information is vital?
What makes you think he's not referring to the same vehicle?

Op didnt state so. So, lets keep it that way. He is here for help and not to be mocked.

@ Lexusgs430
Yes, am not rich. But am contented with what i have. I bought my BABY not because i couldn't buy a newer Lion, but because i wanted and needed it. So lets keep to the topic.

Ikenna.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
Honeyhill, has your SUV been worked on recently, or modified in any way?
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
@siena. Just d engine I changed...
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
Honeyhill: @siena. Just d engine I changed...

I see. Is it the same as the original? And what were the issues before you had it replaced?

I'm just trying to work out when the loss of engine power started.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by aieromon(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2012
Moderator,if its the same car we know about,then permit valuable contributions from the same guys that were critical about the facelift working out in the first place.

Nobody is perfect and we all learn from mistakes.

Thanks.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Ikenna351(m): 2:09am On Dec 11, 2012
aieromon: Moderator,if its the same car we know about,then permit valuable contributions from the same guys that were critical about the facelift working out in the first place.

Nobody is perfect and we all learn from mistakes.

Thanks.

Valuable contributions? Am sorry, you call that mockery going on in the other thread "valuable contributions"? And you want me in all fairness, allow the mockery to be carried over to this thread?

Its so unfortunate that those of us, myself included, that know much about cars are seriously widening the gap between "those that know" and "those that want to know". Its not healthy for the section. I realised the mistake we all have been doing and am doing my best to correct them.

The conversion was already done before he created that thread. There shouldn't have been room to make have made jest of him or "I told you so". From his posts, one could see how innocent he was. Instead of been helpful, we ended up chasing him away there, such that he had to open another thread, which he is yet to tell the house if actually its the same vehicle we are talking about, anyway. If not the way he was treated there, would he not have continued or updated that thread by now? What we are doing to him is enough to chase him out of this section for good, simply because we are opportune or gifted to know stuffs about cars better than he does.

This section was created to close that huge gap, to help, to encourage DIY and to discuss cars generally. Please, lets all work on that.

So, please, am not stopping anyone from giving "valuable contribution". If you suspect it could be the same vehicle, all you need to do is "ask", and take it from there. Or we can choose not to comment, if he doesn't want to come clean with the house. Which we caused, anyway.

Ikenna.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by aieromon(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2012
I fully get your point. Its very natural for the "I told you so" line to spring up but if I were in the posters shoes,I would be more concerned about the way forward.

This is not the time to withhold vital information but the time to forge ahead after a horrible mistake. You can see that the poster hasn't answered Siena's request and only God knows what further complications awaits him if he continues using the car like that.

Maturity is the keyword here and nothing stops the poster from admitting his mistake and forging ahead.

We all learn everyday and I've come across so many threads in this section where the OP was mocked by comments(you included) but yet they admitted their mistake and pressed for a solution to their problem.

As far as I'm concerned,the longer the OP withholds information,the longer time it will take for his problem to be solved.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2012
We all cannot help making fun of ourselves from time to time, that's what makes nairaland a forum for interaction !!! Our replies may or not be of help to the poster, but would also help other people that stumble upon the thread in future.
What's the benefit of this forum if we and others cannot learn from our or other people's experience(s)?
Withholding vital information that may or not be helpful in providing a solution or solutions, only further fuels speculations and theories.
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by oweniwe(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2012
* tHiS tHrEaD iS bEiNg DeReAiLeD *
Re: My Car Hardly Climb Any Small Hill by oyeb15: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
Its the air flow meter

(1) (Reply)

1990 W126 560sec Project / A Good Lexus Mechanic In Lagos / Is Mazda Mpv Suv A Durable Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.