Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Should We Outlaw Polygamy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Outlaw Polygamy (1277 Views)

Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! / Consequences Of Polygamy. A Case Of Enwerem's Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Outlaw Polygamy by creekboy: 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2008
Should the National Assemble or the cultural institutions in Nigeria outlaw polygamy? In light of the ensuing difficulties which present families viz separation of properties and patrimony, isn't time in our march towards civilization to outlaw this practice?
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Delta007(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2008
Why? It's not like someone is asking u to marry 7 times, so what's ur problem again?

Abeg, our selected thieves lawmakers have little time on their hands. Let them outlaw corruption first!
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 1:59am On Feb 14, 2008
Is it possible?, undecided
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by creekboy: 2:29am On Feb 14, 2008
You ask is it POSSIBLE
I don't know and that is the essence of the issue being raised.
If we keep our minds to it, may be, it will be possible.
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 2:52am On Feb 14, 2008
creekboy:

You ask is it POSSIBLE
I don't know and that is the essence of the issue being raised.
If we keep our minds to it, may be, it will be possible.

My dear I ask, O!!!,

I will start of by saying "I am not in support of polygamy" but

It is part of several, cultures(their ways of life), and religion as well

In some certain parts of Africa, it is one of the things the men are taught to believe, and achieve.

Little boys grow up and "Want To Be Just Like Daddy", (and Grand pa, and Great Grand pa, )

I just think its, not some thing that we can all "join hands" to eradicate like,

Pressing Issues such as world hunger, Global warming and The deadly disease AIDS.

Unlike in advance countries where it is a crime, a serious one might I say.
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2008
What a load of craps! *yawn*
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 11:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
michelin89:

What a load of craps! *yawn*

GTFO angry (Piss off and I mean that, seriously).

(Get your damn tense ryte, "crap" should be in single tense, Not "Craps"wink.
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 11:51pm On Feb 14, 2008
Quote from: naijaborn on January 09, 2008, 04:15 PM
i don't usually do this *** bt yu tempted me to chek on yur profile   michelin89 an Esan girl in Italylittle wonder yu spit shit like that   

Ok! This is getting too much, child of a mother fucking bastard. Now you'll explain what you mean. I am sick and tired of shi!ts like you talking to me like that because of my origins. Pieces of craps. You who have bleeped dogs and cows dare come here to call me a prostitute even when you know nothing about me. May your god punish you son of a bitch.

And might I add this isn't the first time u "missed the target"
gedit.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Girl stay away from ma path, I DO NOT LIKE U.[i][/i]
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by bawomolo(m): 3:59am On Feb 15, 2008
it shouldn't be outlawed. it's the individual's right to choose their marital preference. no one is forcing these women to become wife #5.
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 15, 2008
bawomolo:

it shouldn't be outlawed. it's the individual's right to choose their marital preference. no one is forcing these women to become wife #5.
right, it's also individual's right to choose where they'll be going after life. . . for God made one woman for one man
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by blacklion(m): 6:38am On Feb 15, 2008
Most nairaland women are against polygamy. So who are all the women marrying already married men and becoming their 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives? Takes two to tango. In olden days, women were forced into polygamy. Nowadays in naija, women go into polygamy VOLUNTARILY for the money or because they are tired of waiting for Mr. Right and ready to share.

What about women who sleep with their best friend's husband and get preggie for him and he then marries her as 2nd wife?

What of the maid-of-honor who later has a baby for the bride's husband? Can any woman here pretend that she has never heard or seen such?

What of the ladies who were childhood friends and pals through hight school to uni etc and still one had a baby for the other's husband?

It takes two to tango. Some woman want polygamy as much as the men do or they are so desperate they are ready to tolerate being a co-wife. Stop blaming men alone. Some women too much accept accountability.

Also, we must define polygamy. Its not only when a man performs marriage ceremony for 2nd or 3rd wife that he is a polygamist. Many guys have only one legal wife but they have 2 or 3 women outside who have kids for them. They buy/rent/build house for the lady, give her food/housekeeping allowance, pocket money, pay her kids school fees etc - in short, they do everything with her that they do with the legal wife. The only thing is that they did not do legal or traditional ceremony with those other women. Are such men not also polygamists? But they have only one legal wife.
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by bawomolo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
black people practice polygamy while white men have mistresses grin grin
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2008
TOYOSI20:

GTFO angry (Piss off and I mean that, seriously).

(Get your damn tense ryte, "crap" should be in single tense, Not "Craps"wink.

*yawn* What a bunch of [size=13pt]craps[/size]! Sue me! tongue
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2008
Gurl, I'd sue u until u turn green, and u still would'nt be able

to settle one hundreth of it in ur life time. tongue

In a million life times.[i][/i]
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2008
Sorry, I have a lot of things to do. I can't play with you today, cutie pie.

See ya!
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
Same here "Hon".

Chaio!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
sorry but I can't resist this tongue

Darling it is Ciao not Chaio.

Finally you have messed up in my territory. What a pity it doesn't happen as often as I mess up in yours.

Please make more mistakes! grin
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
WTF, where the hell, is your territory?,

Excuse moi, The last time i checked this wasn't your post so

Back the hell off.

Ciao, Chiao, it is all the same who cares,

Get a life *and continue to dwindle in your sea of grammatical errors[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color].*
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
You have serious issues. I am sick of playing with you.

*yawn* You are so fucking boring!
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by TOYOSI20(f): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2008
I wouldn't be caught dead playing with ur sorry butt, tramp,

Now run along and continue spewing rubbish, LOSER
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 16, 2008
@toyosi and michelin
awwwww. . . i think you both really wanna be friends. . .eyah. wink
Re: Should We Outlaw Polygamy by Blatant: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2008
women will suffer if it is outlawed.
It's women who like to become 2nd/3rd/4th/5th wives whenever they see a rich man

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of A Happy Marriage? Live Next Door To Your Husband. / Woman Gives Birth To Snake / DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.