Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones (7821 Views)

Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Taking care of your cell phone will help to ensure it a long and productive life. These are some of the tips to help you maintain and get the best out of your mobile phone. All these tips also expect you to maintain the battery, charger and other accessories.

1. Protect your handset with a screen guard and if possible with a plastic or a leather cover.

2. You can charge your battery anytime as against myths that you should first get it fully drained. This was when Nickel-Cadmium and Nickel-Metal Hydrate batteries were used. Only ensure that you use an original and genuine battery and charger or a compatible one. Be extra cautious with all the accessories whether they are genuine or not as an incompatible one can damage your phone permanently.

3. Always enable the PIN number on your SIM Card and phone lock i.e security code on your phone to prevent unauthorized use.

4. Always handle your cell phone with care. Rough treatment may damage the circuit board inside, so avoid dropping or unnecessarily shaking your phone.

5. To clean your cell phone just wipe it with a soft cloth. If need arises, you can use a mild detergent to clean the caver.
But see to it that the detergent does not get into the phone through the holes.

6. Always keep your phone in a cool, dry place and avoid high temperature areas. Be extra cautious to protect you phone during rain.

7. Also keep your phone out of reach of your children. Your data may be more important than your handset.

8. Always switch off your bluetooth when not in use.

9. Always switch off your 3G/UMT network when not in use because it drains battery faster.

10. Always make sure you have enough memory on your phone and Memory Card to prevent your phone from seizing or been slow to operate.

http://www.alfainstitute.net/maintaining-mobile-phones.html
http://www.maxkdave.com/2012/12/ten-phone-maintenance-tips.html?m=1

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Jayfizz(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
@op nice one...
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Scarpon(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
1st to comment
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Archmed(m): 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Scarpon: 1st to comment
You must be blind...check again,this time with your glasses on!
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nice one @ op
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Uch87: 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nice tutorial thanks.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 08, 2012
Ok..bt im really guilty of d 3g stff...dayurmmm

1 Like

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Francheezy(m): 12:23am On Dec 08, 2012
huhh...wet!n b d!z ?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nasri100(m): 12:26am On Dec 08, 2012
Good stuff and for the records NUMBER 9 applies to blackberry users mostly.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nasri100(m): 12:27am On Dec 08, 2012
Archmed: You must be blind...check again,this time with your glasses on!

Hahaha see Insult cheesy sorry o scarpon idiot.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Lexusgs430: 12:41am On Dec 08, 2012
Nasri100: Good stuff and for the records NUMBER 9 applies to blackberry users mostly.

Especially in Nigeria where the 3G signal is weak. People leave their phones on 2G/3G and complain of their phones hotting up.
Always set on 2G alone. Except when 3G is needed for downloads. 2G is good for emails, pinging etc etc etc
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by sandy409(m): 2:55am On Dec 08, 2012
abt d number 3 pt. Wat if. The need araise to contact frid,n relation- in an emergency stituation, hw would dat b possible while d phone is on security code?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by koolet: 3:30am On Dec 08, 2012
wink Always change phone casing nt binding it rubberband when they go old nd rough 2 avoid (phone abuse)
Always off phone b4 removin the battery
Let there be always enough memory on phone nd m.card 2 avoid virus.
Using of desktop chargers not always advisable nd remuv chargers wn its ba3 full.
Install apps lyk net-qin anti virus nd uc web 4 browsing pleasures
I hope these wuld help wink

1 Like

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Especially in Nigeria where the 3G signal is weak. People leave their phones on 2G/3G and complain of their phones hotting up.
Always set on 2G alone. Except when 3G is needed for downloads. 2G is good for emails, pinging etc etc etc

please, can you explain what you mean by 2G and 3G. Or is it packet data connection?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by makaveli1(m): 3:40am On Dec 08, 2012
Number one -Screen guard is a must for me. I always make sure my phone's screen is guarded against scratches no matter how small. I like my phone's screen more than any other aspect of the phone cos I get to luk at it every second hence it must be always Scratch-free.... smiley
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Oluwateledemi: 4:01am On Dec 08, 2012

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Do you wish to Livebetalife?

Tired of relying on Your Parent / Friends?

Then join
[liveBETAlife on facebook] now
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 08, 2012
Maxkdave: Taking care of your cell phone will help to ensure it a long and productive life. These are some of the tips to help you maintain and get the best out of your mobile phone. All these tips also expect you to maintain the battery, charger and other accessories.

1. Protect your handset with a screen guard and if possible with a plastic or a leather cover.

2. You can charge your battery anytime as against myths that you should first get it fully drained. This was when Nickel-Cadmium and Nickel-Metal Hydrate batteries were used. Only ensure that you use an original and genuine battery and charger or a compatible one. Be extra cautious with all the accessories whether they are genuine or not as an incompatible one can damage your phone permanently.

3. Always enable the PIN number on your SIM Card and phone lock i.e security code on your phone to prevent unauthorized use.

4. Always handle your cell phone with care. Rough treatment may damage the circuit board inside, so avoid dropping or unnecessarily shaking your phone.

5. To clean your cell phone just wipe it with a soft cloth. If need arises, you can use a mild detergent to clean the caver.
But see to it that the detergent does not get into the phone through the holes.

6. Always keep your phone in a cool, dry place and avoid high temperature areas. Be extra cautious to protect you phone during rain.

7. Also keep your phone out of reach of your children. Your data may be more important than your handset.

8. Always switch off your bluetooth when not in use.

9. Always switch off your 3G/UMT network when not in use because it drains battery faster.

10. Always make sure you have enough memory on your phone and Memory Card to prevent your phone from seizing or been slow to operate.

http://www.alfainstitute.net/maintaining-mobile-phones.html
http://www.maxkdave.com/2012/12/ten-phone-maintenance-tips.html?m=1

Bro no offense! If you pamper a freaking phone this way how about your gf and car if any?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 4:48am On Dec 08, 2012
sandy409: abt d number 3 pt. Wat if. The need araise to contact frid,n relation- in an emergency stituation, hw would dat b possible while d phone is on security code?
The person should ask for security code from d owner or you visit a phone repairer dai would easily unlock the phone and sim for you.
Opytim:

please, can you explain what you mean by 2G and 3G. Or is it packet data connection?
2G network is what you see on your mobile phone(java or symbian]. Its d E(edge] or G(gprs] symbol you see close to your network bar or below it. Sometimes it doesnt show on your phone screen except you want to browse and their is network around your area.
Same thing applys to 3G, but its mainly on all symbian phone, bb, and some recent phones.
In some phones, 3G is called UMT, 2G is called GSM and you also see DUAL MODE which is both 2G and 3G.
Packet data connection is like a switch which controls d network either you choose to show your network(always online] or only when you want to browse(when needed].
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 4:50am On Dec 08, 2012
koolet: wink Always change phone casing nt binding it rubberband when they go old nd rough 2 avoid (phone abuse)
Always off phone b4 removin the battery
Let there be always enough memory on phone nd m.card 2 avoid virus.
Using of desktop chargers not always advisable nd remuv chargers wn its ba3 full.
Install apps lyk net-qin anti virus nd uc web 4 browsing pleasures
I hope these wuld help wink

Thanks for your contribution bro
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 4:56am On Dec 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by kenlash1(m): 5:30am On Dec 08, 2012
REALITY101:

Bro no offense! If you pamper a freaking phone this way how about your gf and car if any?
Must u quote d full topic

1 Like

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by jennann(f): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2012
It it true that after charging your battery, it' s better to remove the charger head first from the electric source before removing the part inserted into the phone as against just removing the charger from your phone directly while it's still plugged in? Said to prolong the battery life (at least for nokia phones which is what I use). Can someone verify this for me?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by GentleNaaz(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2012
11. Wheneva ntw refuses 2 enter ur phone, tap it on an iron
12. Dnt gv ur partner ur phone
13. Dnt change ur battery any hw
14. Dnt eat n press phone
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 08, 2012
for ur mind abi
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by steinacoz(m): 8:46am On Dec 08, 2012
- alwys remember to give ur fone Α̲̅ cool bath in Α̲̅ bowl of water once in 3months to help keep it refreshed and cool.

-do not steal Α̲̅ fone when it is charging cos that is Α̲̅ faster route to meet your long-gone ancestors.

I hope this counts....
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by spikesC(m): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2012
always off your phone when not answering calls, it helps to safe guard it so that snatchers won't hear it ringing. grin
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by wizard01(m): 9:45am On Dec 08, 2012
Bottom line, handle your phone with care, considering the worth of your phone.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by charlsecy4(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2012
MaxkdaveAlways: Enable the PIN number on your SIM Card and phone lock i.e security code on your phone to prevent unauthorized use.

I recommend the security code option as there is no limit to input attempts. Entering the SIM PIN 3 times in a row could have you needing the PUK. Enter the wrong PUK 10 times in a row, and you would need a SIM swap!
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Goldenheart(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2012
My galaxy y duos has dropped 6 times...... and still working in good condition. am scared o. the pouch is not i. market.....any help please......
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by ceejay80s(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2012
i wonder why the mod. has not banned u for saying this

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does “dual Core” & “quad Core” Mean? What You Need To Know / Vkworld T1 Plus With 6.0-inch Display, 4300mah Battery, Android 6.0 And VR Box / [DOWNLOAD] Android L Stock Apps For 4.0+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.