Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones (7823 Views)

Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by MrSim(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2012
That was a good one. [/i]
Maxkdave: Taking care of your cell phone will help to ensure it a long and productive life. These are some of the tips to help you maintain and get the best out of your mobile phone. All these tips also expect you to maintain the battery, charger and other accessories.

1. Protect your handset with a screen guard and if possible with a plastic or a leather cover.

2. You can charge your battery anytime as against myths that you should first get it fully drained. This was when Nickel-Cadmium and Nickel-Metal Hydrate batteries were used. Only ensure that you use an original and genuine battery and charger or a compatible one. Be extra cautious with all the accessories whether they are genuine or not as an incompatible one can damage your phone permanently.

3. Always enable the PIN number on your SIM Card and phone lock i.e security code on your phone to prevent unauthorized use.

4. Always handle your cell phone with care. Rough treatment may damage the circuit board inside, so avoid dropping or unnecessarily shaking your phone.

5. To clean your cell phone just wipe it with a soft cloth. If need arises, you can use a mild detergent to clean the caver.
But see to it that the detergent does not get into the phone through the holes.

6. Always keep your phone in a cool, dry place and avoid high temperature areas. Be extra cautious to protect you phone during rain.

7. Also keep your phone out of reach of your children. Your data may be more important than your handset.

8. Always switch off your bluetooth when not in use.

9. Always switch off your 3G/UMT network when not in use because it drains battery faster.

10. Always make sure you have enough memory on your phone and Memory Card to prevent your phone from seizing or been slow to operate.

http://www.alfainstitute.net/maintaining-mobile-phones.html
http://www.maxkdave.com/2012/12/ten-phone-maintenance-tips.html?m=1
[i]
Maxkdave: Taking care of your cell phone will help to ensure it a long and productive life. These are some of the tips to help you maintain and get the best out of your mobile phone. All these tips also expect you to maintain the battery, charger and other accessories.

1. Protect your handset with a screen guard and if possible with a plastic or a leather cover.

2. You can charge your battery anytime as against myths that you should first get it fully drained. This was when Nickel-Cadmium and Nickel-Metal Hydrate batteries were used. Only ensure that you use an original and genuine battery and charger or a compatible one. Be extra cautious with all the accessories whether they are genuine or not as an incompatible one can damage your phone permanently.

3. Always enable the PIN number on your SIM Card and phone lock i.e security code on your phone to prevent unauthorized use.

4. Always handle your cell phone with care. Rough treatment may damage the circuit board inside, so avoid dropping or unnecessarily shaking your phone.

5. To clean your cell phone just wipe it with a soft cloth. If need arises, you can use a mild detergent to clean the caver.
But see to it that the detergent does not get into the phone through the holes.

6. Always keep your phone in a cool, dry place and avoid high temperature areas. Be extra cautious to protect you phone during rain.

7. Also keep your phone out of reach of your children. Your data may be more important than your handset.

8. Always switch off your bluetooth when not in use.

9. Always switch off your 3G/UMT network when not in use because it drains battery faster.

10. Always make sure you have enough memory on your phone and Memory Card to prevent your phone from seizing or been slow to operate.

http://www.alfainstitute.net/maintaining-mobile-phones.html
http://www.maxkdave.com/2012/12/ten-phone-maintenance-tips.html?m=1
[quote author=Maxkdave]Taking care of your cell phone will help to ensure it a long and productive life. These are some of the tips to help you maintain and get the best out of your mobile phone. All these tips also expect you to maintain the battery, charger and other accessories.

3. Always enable the PIN number on your SIM Card an
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by CHIMSKY(m): 10:29am On Dec 08, 2012
Nice one.However I would like to ask.How do you keep your phone out of the reach of kids?
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by oyeleyemaureen(m): 11:39am On Dec 08, 2012
thanks a whole lot
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
jennann: It it true that after charging your battery, it' s better to remove the charger head first from the electric source before removing the part inserted into the phone as against just removing the charger from your phone directly while it's still plugged in? Said to prolong the battery life (at least for nokia phones which is what I use). Can someone verify this for me?

Its always good removing something from the but I dont know if there is any side effect if you dont remove the charger from the source.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Maxkdave(m): 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
CHIMSKY: Nice one.However I would like to ask.How do you keep your phone out of the reach of kids?
Funny question bro.
oyeleyemaureen: thanks a whole lot
you are welcome.
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by DaWhiz: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
Uh? Switch off 3G? Why? What for? Be specific - that's for BB Users who charge 20 times per day grin. In this age of LTE - no flipping wayz. tongue tongue
Re: Tips To Maintain Mobile Phones by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
kenlash1:
Must u quote d full topic

So I should have quoted it in half? Fo0l much

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does “dual Core” & “quad Core” Mean? What You Need To Know / [hot] Infinix Zero 2 Lite With 3gb Ram, 4g Lte, Android 5.1 Lollipop / Anyone Using The Lenovo vibe P1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.