Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) (11944 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. / Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Naijapikin1: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hahahahahahaha “undergraduate nnanyi“ i laff in punjab!...issokay, while i was dion my NYSC, sum of my fellow kopas were doin it, so wat do we cal dat?...NYSC nnanyi? Or national nnanyi? Kill me wit laff u hear?
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Naijapikin1: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
gtrust: Result:
1- The Male graduates and Blames the Gov't for all his problems!
2- The Female graduates and Blames Gov't and Corruption and says all her friends got jobs because they had connections!
my friend are u sayin all dos who did not engage in “undergraduate nnanyi“ durin dia school days hav automatic jobs waitin for dem? Cos i didnt do it, and am stil searchin. So speak something more realistic!

1 Like

Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by demelza: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
Is this the name for it? A coursemate of mine is involved in this. She keeps a space in the hostel, which she hardly use, in case of those times her parents come to see her. She also goes as far as introducing him to everyone as her husband and calls him that too.
Bish is extremely jealous of him and woe betides any girl who so much as smile at him.
I agree with all your points there poster, I hardly hear about any success story from this type of arrangement. Nice write up
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by IleIfe2(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
LMAO. Thought i was the only one irritated by this, especially the ones that beat the girl black and blue, then they he begs and they are back together. Naija..........
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Toluk1(f): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bondage
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by ITbomb(m): 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Just imagine say ur future wife dey with one boy wey dey knack am akpako every nite 7 days a week and 365 times in a years.
Ol'boi

2 Likes

Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
ITbomb: Just imagine say ur future wife dey with one boy wey dey knack am akpako every nite 7 days a week and 365 times in a years.
Ol'boi
Ol'boi ye....Na serious wa ooo... UNAAB students na dem sabi this nna ayi thing pass. I'm working in their school and i'm really baffled. Even UNILAG peeps keep it on a down low. But for UNAAB, na their way. I cant send my children to that school. NEVER
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Ishilove: 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
This is the first time I am hearing of such. In my undergrad days girls only went to spen weekends with their boyfriends, but I never heard of full cohabitation.

It is shocking and disturbing. sad
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ishilove: This is the first time I am hearing of such. In my undergrad days girls only went to spen weekends with their boyfriends, but I never heard of full cohabitation.

It is shocking and disturbing. sad
Imagine running your academic career with that bullcrap. Your GPA will run down. Talkless of countless abortions etc. It just doesnt make sense. Even the girl will turn to cook finish. Someone that is suppose to be studying. And which guy will marry such a girl?
After you've got all the milk without buying the cow.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Ishilove: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
12 inches!:

Imagine running your academic career with that bullcrap. Your GPA will run down. Talkless of countless abortions etc. It just doesnt make sense. Even the girl will turn to cook finish. Someone that is suppose to be studying. And which guy will marry such a girl?
After you've got all the milk without buying the cow.
UNILAG is my alma mater and those girls like to form. Staying on campus is the main ish. If you wanna stay off camp, then staying in private hostels is the next option. I NEVER heard of full time cohabitation in all my years there because most people frowned at it, the runs girlz and SUs alike.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by MurderX: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
Strangely I made my best grades in the university when I started practising the Nnayi thing in my third year as an engineering student. My GP and that of my Nnayi girlfriend improved tremendously. I think if they can be responsible and objective about it, it could be a source of strength for lovers. There is always strength in positive and goal oriented mergers. I will approve of it for my child, everybody has emotional and sexual desires to be satisfied and if such energy losses and distractions can be harnessed and channeled properly, it will be very productive in other apects of life. On the other hand it gets destructive when parties have wrong views on what its all about or when there is insincerity, just as in a typical marital arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by aadetoyin(f): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
@iceprincess, aha! Na wa 4 ur comment which was all in favour of those undergrads living together.
Believe me there's nofin to learn there cos a lot happen wen u stay together. It sometimes come to d stage that u don't respect each anymore. It happened to a very close friend and d guy is happily married wit a daughter now while d girl is still searching. Its so terrible because even wen d guy graduated and she has toasters, there was always peeps warning the toasters to leave her cos she was stayin wit a guy b4 and was probably engaged to d guy, little did dey know dat d guy had moved on.
As far as am concerned its not worth it. Keep ur own space cos everyone needs it. Dat way u can do tinz ur way n ur time not wit one bobo pratically turning u to his personal house girl.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by kavey10(m): 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
icequeen22: You all shouldn't talk like dat, n just judge like that, there are a lot of success stories from this type of relationships, some get to know each other well enough to know if they are compatible or not and end it quick before it goes any further if they see its not gonna work, while some get to get married after sseing they are ok, for some it works out,for some it doesn't. for me from experience i will tell you it actually makes you able to solve issues that might cause problems during marriage and it actually help to know your partners inner self before getting married so you know who you are getting married to, so you don't get married and see a revelation of a new being. you court and she/he is so romantic et al. only to get married and get to see he/she is something else. which is better solve before marriage or get married and stick with horror/sorrow for the rest of your life. So its always a two way thing. though i do not support you do that and focus solely on it,you should concentrate on your studies.

*Angrily slaps the nearest person to him* Oh! My Lawwd!! Can't believe someone just spew this out! This is complete thrash! *kavey, calm down* O.k, how many abortions did you have during your husband-material testing research? What did you graduate with, CGPA that is? I can go on and on! You're completely wrong, there aint no success stories in it and that is why you dont advice anyone to go through the same trash you went through. Kai! This ish is repulsive!
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by bealuv(f): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
i heard someone say people do dat to experiment how married life would be n ow compatible dey are

c'mon friend why would yhu smell or taste wat yhu no yhu r not ready to eat.if yhu wanna get married pray to God to give yhu yhur DESTINY HELPER N OPEN YHUR EYES to see d person no experimenting up and down n making yhurslf a lab rat 4 some guy /gurl
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
olawalebabs: Good one, what is the likely outcome of this arrangement, it hardly lead to marriage.
HOOOOOW !!!!!! ALL D NNAANYI BABES WHEN I SABI NONE DON MARRY DEM DON BCOME 1 CHANCE cheesy grin
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
okpara ugo: I dey hail all the ''Nna anyi''s in the house.

NNAANYI MASTER angry
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
icequeen22: You all shouldn't talk like dat, n just judge like that, there are a lot of success stories from this type of relationships, some get to know each other well enough to know if they are compatible or not and end it quick before it goes any further if they see its not gonna work, while some get to get married after sseing they are ok, for some it works out,for some it doesn't. for me from experience i will tell you it actually makes you able to solve issues that might cause problems during marriage and it actually help to know your partners inner self before getting married so you know who you are getting married to, so you don't get married and see a revelation of a new being. you court and she/he is so romantic et al. only to get married and get to see he/she is something else. which is better solve before marriage or get married and stick with horror/sorrow for the rest of your life. So its always a two way thing. though i do not support you do that and focus solely on it,you should concentrate on your studies.

MADAM NNAANYI tongue
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Emmy9898: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
I think I have heard enough.

So, this is what happens in Nigerian universities today?

Kai ! Kai ! Kai !

But on a moment's reflection, why should I be surprised?

It shows ! Doesn't it? grin grin grin grin
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by justman29(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
nyc write-up
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by LeJeun3: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
Everyone is now Bloggin!

@Topic: Its not always as bad as the OP made it seem. I don't condone it in any form........ But I have Seen some of these arrangements go terribly well in all senses but in grades @ school and in their personalities.

Lets be honest.

1 Like

Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by kavey10(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
some-girl:

"nna anyi" means "our father" and not cohabitation.
Married men were/ are so called by their wives and children.

Thank you for giving the meaning, I asked my Ibo friend and he told me. I guess the OP meant to use the "nna anyi" as a 'contextual' meaning of sort. Thank you again, some-girl (weird handle though, no offence).
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by omalicha89: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
azpekuliar: The article is very spot on! Especially in schools devoid of any on-campus hostel accomodation for their students. A trip to the Olabisi Onabanjo University's (a.k.a OSU) host community will surely convince you!
u must have been reading my mind.I know one O.O.U babe dat co-habited with 2 consecutive boyfriends.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
a.A.K:
Hummm.dis sounds like me at a point in my life but I must say,I dint regret it o.dos where the best 5 years of my life.

he he he,you can say that again,it was the 'in thing' then when i was in uniport btw 2003-2007!If u did'nt hav a live in girlfriend then u hav'nt started...
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
And yet some men will abandon girls in Obodo oyibo to go and marry " innocent girls" in Nigeria
Girls that may have co-habited nna anyi style all through their 7 years course of study in the university ( school closures included)
I hope my brother is reading this
I warned him to do tum bom tum bom and pick a girl here but he won't listen
He will soon go and marry an nna anyi reject

Please can you folks list the most popular nna anyi schools
I already penciled down Onabisi Onabanjo, by the mouth of two witnesses what are the others grin
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
azpekuliar: The article is very spot on! Especially in schools devoid of any on-campus hostel accomodation for their students. A trip to the Olabisi Onabanjo University's (a.k.a OSU) host community will surely convince you!
Did I here you say university?! I beg your padon. The right name to give the institution (OOU) is "sexyvarsity". I am a living witness.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Emmy9898: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=Baby mama]And yet some men will abandon girls in Obodo oyibo to go and marry " innocent girls" in Nigeria
Girls that may have co-habited nna anyi style all through their 7 years course of study in the university ( school closures included)
I hope my brother is reading this
I warned him to do tum bom tum bom and pick a girl here but he won't listen
He will soon go and marry an nna anyi reject

Please can you folks list the most popular nna anyi schools
I already penciled down Onabisi Onabanjo, by the mouth of two witnesses what are the others grin[/quote
]

Na all of them. grin grin grin grin grin No be only Onabisi Onabanjo grin grin grin grin

Sometimes I find it difficult to believe some of the things I read on Nairaland about some of our graduates and undergraduates.

I am sure that this "nne anyi and nna anyi" thing grin grin does not happen only in the universities. What about during NYSC ? grin grin grin grin
What about when they are looking for work after NYSC? grin grin grin grin

And what about when they eventually get married (if they ever get married. grin grin grin grin)

In fact, I suggest you remind your brother again about doing "tom bom tom bom" grin grin grin grin That may be the only way to go about it.

I think that the internet, and many silly foreign lifestyles that have been imported into Nigeria over a long period of time, have finally destroyed our youth. Honestly, I do.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
U. PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT NNAANYI PLS WHEN U HAVE DAUGHTERS U CAN OFFER THEM UP 2 BECOME NNAANYI S
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
ACTUALLY HAUSAS CALL IT KWANAN GIDA BUT I'D GO WITH NNAANYI. HAS A NICE RING 2 IT LIKE COKE & RUM.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
omalicha89: u must have been reading my mind.I know one O.O.U babe dat co-habited with 2 consecutive boyfriends.

GAADDEM!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Akposkool(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
U guys are making seem lyk an abomination.if there perfect undastanding between the 2,why not?u guys are not so righteous u knw!living wit a guy at skul and sleeping with different guys evry now and then wich is beta?holier dan thou.excuse me jare
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by swagrr01: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
here in futminna..its not vry common..but d few av seen realy baffles me because its exactly as if the're married..jst pray ma future wyf isnt among ooooo.
Re: Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
omalicha89: u must have been reading my mind.I know one O.O.U babe dat co-habited with 2 consecutive boyfriends.
Bros I hail your English oooo. Which one be 2 consecutive boyfriend, how about 2 simultaneous boyfriend ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 21 Cheapest State Universities In Nigeria And School Fees. / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Elizade University Gets Full License To Operate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.