Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! (3775 Views)

Joe-Okei Odumakin Awarded U.S Woman Of Courage Award For 2013 / Fashola Chides Critics Over ‘borrowing For Development / President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by citizenisb: 6:04am On Dec 08, 2012
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/fed-govt-states-to-borrow-7-9b-in-2013/

Federal and State governments yesterday defended their requests for approval to borrow over $7.9 billion at the Senate.

Out of the amount, the Federal Government is seeking Senate’s nod to borrow $4,846.3 billion while some state governments applied for approval for a loan of $3,059.39 billion.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debts, Senator Ehigie Uzamere, explained that the purpose of the loan defence was to know the amount federal and state governments applied to borrow.

Uzamere also said that his committee wanted to ensure that the loans were tied to specific projects.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Caseless: 7:29am On Dec 08, 2012
And the looting show continues....
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Afam4eva(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2012
The window of looting has been opened. Steal on....
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by mrcali1: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2012
Why won't they steal on. When all we do is cry on internet and social media. Until we March to the street and chase out all these buffons we won't get anywhere. Imagine 16billion for VP residence when I'm yet to know what I will do to my generator that has refused to work

4 Likes

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by pressongodsay(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2012
the money will be meant for what, the president and senators. Why will they not approve it when they control the lion share. Mumu people. Boko boys nor dey see this kind one na only church dem sabe bomb.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Clemzy16(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2012
They shouldn't forget to send my own share of the money to my account asap else??
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by larryshow4(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2012
*Dancing Azonto* They need to stop borrowing money and make use of all the ones they have borrowed to get more money!!! When they throw almost the valuable percentage into there pocket. I wouldn't be surprise when i read one day that "Senate has concluded meeting on using Nigeria As collateral to borrow money" hahahahaha
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by omarky(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2012
mr-cali:
Why won't they steal on. When all we do is cry on internet and social media. Until we March to the street and chase out all these buffons we won't get anywhere. Imagine 16billion for VP residence when I'm yet to know what I will do to my generator that has refused to work

Why don't you take the lead to the street, I will surely follow you. As for the generator, God will help you
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by dridowu: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2012
National Cake, how can i be part of it ?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by heed101(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2012
mr-cali:
sorry about the generator, and as per the f u c k i n g borrowing is it on recurrent expenses or capital expenses? If na to loot the money God Go Punish Their Generations. Jonathan is becoming something else. From banquet hall to VP buildings to CBN stealings e t c. In short God punish Jonathan.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by coolzeal(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2012
So that people like Sambo could build their houses with billions of Naira. I hate the Nigeria government, these folks will not change until we carry out a powerful revolution that will cleanse their incapability and corrupt mind. Too bad the citizens are coward.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by alaoeri: 8:37am On Dec 08, 2012
After borrowing what 'll they do with the money. Stealing future of generations yet unborn, i just pity the masses.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by slap1(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2012
Are you sure the borrowing is not within?
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by takedat(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2012
This government within 2 years has borrowed N2.57trillion, lost almost N5trillion to subsidy fraud, crude oil theft and other fraudulent activities. Government can save extra $10billion annually by tackling corruption in NNPC alone.

Well, Looting and Pillaging of our commonwealth and mortgaging our future are the main goals of theses political thieves!

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by jmoore(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2012
borrow to loot and waste. A responsible federal government needs no borrowing, we have enough. May God save Nigeria
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by AtheistD(m): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2012
mr-cali:

Every now and again one reads a post that hits the spot.

They booted our the only power minister that seemed to be making any effort. Privatised the industry allowing cabals and governors to take over. Fighting and infighting has left the whole sector poorly managed while in transition. The current minister thinks demons are responsible for the current problems in the sector shocked. There has been no light for days now. Fuel shortage means it is too costly and strenous to run a non diesel gen. And now, to top it all off, my diesel gen just packed up.

And yet someone wants 9 billion for a banquet hall
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by luvmijeje(f): 9:51am On Dec 08, 2012
Am begining to think d president knows he has no chance of been re-elected dat's why he is creating opportunity to steal with impunity.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Temi99(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2012
When nigerians get tired they known what to do..."REVOLUTION".
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Redmosquito(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2012
Minion: Your Wretchedness! More money goes to the government loot
Hades: Young one! Quick! Get me more popcorn! I want to see how this will end.
Minion: My King! Does ur wickedness have no limit?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by ILOVEPUSY(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2012
u think say u can ful us. Just borrow thet money and complet vp residence dat is all angryu think say u can ful us. Just borrow thet money and complet vp residence dat is all
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by armadeo(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2012
My tear ducts are dry.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by aglomar: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
At this rate they will still borrow money from Zimbabwe.
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Emusan(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
omarky:

Why don't you take the lead to the street, I will surely follow you. As for the generator, God will help you

Why do u want 2 carry last, hav dey remove ur name 4m num1 position
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by smartg(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
After borrowing $7.9b without a genuine reason, they will distribute the money among themselves leaving the NATION (Nigeria) in debt
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
The most annoying thing is nothing will be done with the borrowed money to uplift the citizens out of poverty. The leaders are gradually killing the country. RIP!
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
omarky:

Yung man u re an unserious fellow! U think his joking ryt?
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by citizenisb: 6:56am On Dec 09, 2012
ALL Obasanjos work for debt relief has been put to ZERO. To think that OKONJO IWEALLA claims to be the architect of DEBT RELIEF
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by geez1: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2012
And they couldn't guarantee Lagos' loans which was clearly intended to complete projects that have been initiated and have not defaulted on repayments? So now who will guarantee the FG's loans if not Nigeria's sovereignty as well as the sweat, blood and tears of the country's unborn children. So now we are returning to where we were before we got debt relief?
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by citizenisb: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2012
IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY WITH THE DEBT NOOSE HUNG AROUND OUR NECK AGAIN?

LIKE DURING THE SLAVE TRADE, BLACKS ARE OFTEN DESTROYED BY THEMSELVES
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by osheiduchris: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
Why is our leaders distroyin our futures wt unnessary borrowin?
Re: Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! by citizenisb: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Old Picture Of Sule Lamido The Governor Of Jigawa State. / 100 Things You May Not Know About "Biafra" / Video: "For Christ Sake, Even If GEJ Stole The Whole Money In Nigeria" Rev Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.