Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Whats Up With Vb.net On Txt Files And Hard Disk! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Whats Up With Vb.net On Txt Files And Hard Disk! (1230 Views)

Universal Files And Folders Encryption (PGP) - Good For You / Universal Files And Folders Encryption (PGP) - Good For You / How Do You Browse The Net On Linux Or Unix? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats Up With Vb.net On Txt Files And Hard Disk! by lordbenax(m): 8:50am On Feb 14, 2008
Hey Nairalanders, i have a little problem. I want to be able to save my apps' changes to the hard disk, so that the user ccan continue with the app the way he close(I mean, not all changes would be saved)

i'v tried the

private sub form_formclosing(By val,, )
my.application.savemysettingsonexit()
me.settings.save()
End sub

but nothing significant happens.

Also i would like to know how to save string values to textfiles and to be able to retrive the values from this file.
such as a password.
Thanks I am counting on kobojunkie,skima,prodgalson and the rest of the house.

(1) (Reply)

What Markups does Nairaland use??? / Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... / Who Has Seun Osewa's Contact Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.