Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,852 members, 7,866,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:39 PM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29918 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Your points sums up why i cant talk to yall for too long without insulting people, im sure there is an intelligent reader somewhere who understands my pain. sad

You guys do not know how to debate logically, all you is talk air. You just put words in my mouth then argue against those words i never said.
Where is this truth you speak of? It's balanced how? You tell say one thing, then retract as you fumble. Ahh, wait, I think we're coming to that...
Can you reallly be this slow? i have said a million times it is balanced because men benefit in some ways, women benefit in other ways. No one is mininmizing the suffering of women, why are you sooooo you afraid of that? Men like you are more paranoid of sexism than most women.

...Here again!

So, you accept wars are a necessary evil? Then why do you expect some reward from the women? It's something that had to be done, yes or no? Basically your duty, yes? Or, again, did you do it for personal profit, like lording over females? Same would apply to females and the well documented dangers of child birth for the very vast majority of our history, no? Or they did it just to be lorded over? Not to mention focus all their being into providing loving households, of course just so they could call us daddy. They've never made sacrifices. 4k you're stoopid.

And your last line, I remember a joan d'arc going through a few hurdles to get into the military, as well as female volunteers during the french revolution that actively participated (well, france was unique in its way). Of course most obviously wouldn't be interested, just like most non-sheeple men wouldn't be either. But that's besides the point you m.oron, because they did not have any say in the matter, at all. Like my black female voter they were denied equal opportunities to attain what us dudes achieved or having a say in their destiny because of something beyond their control, their vagoo, not on merit. That's discrimination, clear as daylight. Discrimination is NEVER fair under any conditions, any at all.

Today we still have issues with intolerance, but that's another issue.
Joan of arc? thats your example. There are better examples like that, the samurai women in japan for instance. I never said patriarchy was a neccessary evil, i never said i wanted it. I simply said it was a balanced system. I DONT EVEN SUPPORT TRADITIONALISM, I DONT CARE. This is not a about me, this is about history and the truth. Why they hell cant you understand this? The only reason i am talking about this is because i'm sick of people like you who don't know anything spreading lies and brainwashing people. If i was debating smart person they would have realized that

Can you stop this immature boys vs girls crap? Ppl didn't think like that in the past. You don't even know what life was like back then, women needed patriarchy because living alone was impossible. Before birth control ppl were pregnant for most of their lives and needed someone to protect and provide for them. My points about war were simply to show the balance between women's decreased rights in politics and their exemption from military service. I never said women owe men anything for fighting wars... If you read through this discussion again you will see that logically, you guys are not making any sense..

Most other animals would also Bleep their mothers if given the chance. We could adopt that if you think we should be picking up behavior and ethics from the animal kingdom.

When were we talking about medieval europe anyhow? And even if no one could vote then, both male and female, how does that translate to no discrimination against them, or the absence of a patriarchal system? Genius
No it translates to: "no one could vote," Exactly like i said. 'Genius'.

Actually, I'm quite pleased you don't think me smart, as I don't think you know what the words mean. For instance, a smart person would rather than post this nonsense have shown me how I was wrong, no? Or at least stfu. Is it that you can't show me how? Well then, I'll assume I was right. Or you're trying to cover up your eediocy with red herrings of a sort?
That is the problem... i could prove you wrong a million times and you wouldn't understand it. You would simply put words in my mouth and argue with those words

Again, women have never had to make sacrifices. Yes, I know. Heh heh, imbe.cile

Random: Mangina me? Hypocritical, don't you think? Especially since I very readily admit quite a few women perpetuate the problem, and I've done so already. You'd think that would clue you in to deducing I'm not the biggest fan of the typical female bs, hmm? My aim isn't to be some nice guy eediot. It's to be, what's the concept you've deluded yourself into thinking you comprehend, logical. And fair as well I suppose, to all parties. You, on the other hand, sound like someone pretty scared females with power. You have nothing to fear, trust me, vagoos are not poisonous (most of the time)

When did i say women didn't make sacrifices? You are putting words in my mouth again because you cant actually argue with any of the real points i'm making. Like i said, this has nothing to do with my personal life, i don't care about traditionalism and i don't care if women have power. My Gf is not some girl who bakes me cakes every day, we have actually debated this stuff several times. The only reason why i am arguing this point is because its the truth, feminism has brainwashed people into thinking patriarchy was some evil oppressor that only harmed women, when in reality it was a balanced system. Females have some benefits and males have some benefits. Who cares if you guys like the system or not.. all i'm saying is that its balanced.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Heh heh

Just a note though, if you really are old, like you seem proud to be, I hope you're in the diaspora. Please keep your cancer there. I hope you understand, we've had many an old man f.uck up this country royally. They tend to be goats like you, so pls pls don't come back, not even to visit.
old? dude im 19

If it seems strange to you that a modern man would be 'defending' the old system, well im defending the truth from ppl like you who want to portray history incorrectly.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: old? dude im 19

If it seems strange to you that a modern man would be 'defending' the old system, well im defending the truth from ppl like you who want to portray history incorrectly.

You are nineteen? Lol....not surprising for you level of reasoning
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
logicboy if i could create a disease that would eradicate all the mangina men like you i would do it. You are acting like a girl i broke up with.
If you are anything above 17 and are still calling yourself "boy" and following another dude around you have a problem.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: logicboy if i could create a disease that would eradicate all the mangina men like you i would do it. You are acting like a girl i broke up with

If you are anything above 17 and are still calling yourself "boy" you have a problem.

lolz.....and you are a real man at 19? You married? You got children? You have your own house?

Go and listen to Justin Beieber or whatever you young douchebags do
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ha thats why everyone thought i was 'old' and I thought you were younger than me. Manhood is a mindset, if your balls drop at 8 you r more of a man than a boy like you.

Go shave your mangina bytch.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
You have your own house?
pleep answer this one pretty please grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf, mondi & logicboy..una get time oo.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Ha thats why everyone thought i was 'old' and I thought you were younger than me. Manhood is a mindset, if your balls drop at 8 you r more of a man than a boy like you.

Go shave your mangina bytch.

lololol......I thought that you were old because you were talking like a foolish old man that loves to oppress women. Probably learnt such nonsense from your mentor or some old guy in your life
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: old? dude im 19

Age doesn't have much to do with anything, but this explains a lot. Heh heheh

Good lucking
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 29, 2012
Logicboy03:
Go and listen to Justin Beieber or whatever you young douchebags do
lmao
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 29, 2012
So pleep is 19yrs old? Who'd have thought.
Pleep you still have a lot to learn and you are too young to be so close minded that you refer to people with contradicting views as dumbasses. Try to have an open mind and to see from other people's point of view.
Patriarchy does not balance out for both genders, it encourages oppression of women. Also researches have been carried out that showed that women are happier and function better when there is no gender discrimination against them.
Read more on the subject if you can. Peace
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2012
fellis, you cant teach me anything. I know more about this subject than you ever will, yall are the close minded ones not me. You think ur special? all you people are doing is reciting social memes that every other sheeple believes, I know because there was a time when i believed them too. The difference between me and you is education about history and the ability to think logically without emotion and bias getting in the way.

In short you guys are dumbasses, thats fact. im not gunna take it back. Peace everyone, i have done all i can. If you want to remain ignorant feel free to do so.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 29, 2012
pleep: fellis, you cant teach me anything I know more about this subject than you ever will. Yall are the close minded ones not me. All you people are doing is reciting social memes that every other sheeple believes, i know that because there was a time when i believed them too. The difference between me and you is education about history and the ability to think logically.

In short you guys are dumbasses, thats fact. im not gunna take it back.

We have always had patriarchal societies pre-21st century and so, I dont know how history helps.

You are a sophist. Just STFU and learn

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 5:10am On Dec 29, 2012
My cute little genin, nay academy student, pleep-kun, you in particular shouldn't be going around calling people dumba$$es, illogical, kids, etc. It's risibly hypocritical in your case. You should STFU, especially as it seems you can't take the heat. I would have been nicer if not for your arrogance

Men suffered, women suffered. I fail to see how that makes one superior to the other, so much so that they deserved the discrimination and condescension they've received in most societies through history. Frankly, you assuming it was fair at your age is slightly worrying. One so young doing something akin to condoning slavery, our future looks bright. Sure men were serfs as well, but women were serfs of even those serfs. The very bottom of the food chain, regardless of their actual ability. Mayhaps for now you really are better off just listening to bieber rather than trying to think logically about such matters.

Btw, it has nothing to do with 'manginas' you clown. It's more to do with simple decency, human rights, freedoms etc. Fellis knows I've hounded her over a similar issues, homosexuality. She no dey hear word there

This post matters little though, eediocy isn't cured overnight. Kudos
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf: Frankly, you assuming it was fair at your age is slightly worrying. One so young doing something akin to condoning slavery, our future looks bright. Sure men were serfs as well, but women were serfs of even those serfs. The very bottom of the food chain, regardless of their actual ability. Mayhaps for now you really are better off just listening to bieber rather than trying to think logically about such matters.

I doubt the boy is going to be any danger to future generations because he is clearly going through a phase where he tries to be 'edgy' and 'unconventional' with his beliefs, since he referred to those that disagree with him as sheeple.
There is nothing to worry about. All the nonsense about enslaving women will leave his head when he grows older.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2012
fellis:

I doubt the boy is going to be any danger to future generations because he is clearly going through a phase where he tries to be 'edgy' and 'unconventional' with his beliefs, since he referred to those that disagree with him as sheeple.
There is nothing to worry about. All the nonsense about enslaving women will leave his head when he grows older.

I'm not too optimistic, but that one dey sha. I mean, I used to be quite the d1ck when I was his age.

Wait, I'm still a d1ck. So you can see why I'm not so optimistic yes? It takes quite a lot to change ones nature. Meh..
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf:

Wait, I'm still a d1ck. So you can see why I'm not so optimistic yes? It takes quite a lot to change ones nature. Meh..

It's not his nature, he's just confused. smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

We have always had patriarchal societies pre-21st century and so, I dont know how history helps.

You are a sophist. Just STFU and learn
Logicboy you are one of the top 3 dumbest people i have ever debated on nairaland. I aboslutely shattered every peice of shyt you wrote on this topic. To the extent that you were reduced to blabbering about my joystick size.

you are just a ugly nigerian boy who thinks he will impress dusty women by licking their a$$. Go and argue with old ladies in the religion section, you were completely outmatched on this one.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
"Im Logic boy.. im an underdeveloped gay looking mangina... maybe if i kiss women's asses they will like me." cry

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf: My cute little genin, nay academy student, pleep-kun, you in particular shouldn't be going around calling people dumba$$es, illogical, kids, etc. It's risibly hypocritical in your case. You should STFU, especially as it seems you can't take the heat. I would have been nicer if not for your arrogance

Men suffered, women suffered. I fail to see how that makes one superior to the other, so much so that they deserved the discrimination and condescension they've received in most societies through history. Frankly, you assuming it was fair at your age is slightly worrying. One so young doing something akin to condoning slavery, our future looks bright. Sure men were serfs as well, but women were serfs of even those serfs. The very bottom of the food chain, regardless of their actual ability. Mayhaps for now you really are better off just listening to bieber rather than trying to think logically about such matters.

Btw, it has nothing to do with 'manginas' you clown. It's more to do with simple decency, human rights, freedoms etc. Fellis knows I've hounded her over a similar issues, homosexuality. She no dey hear word there

This post matters little though, eediocy isn't cured overnight. Kudos
lol! you guys are sooooooooooooo dumb. like i said, when i debunk one of your points you put words in my mouth and argue with those words.

Im not the one assuming anything, you guys are. If you were to ask a 10 yr old on the street, who has never studied advanced history, about this topic they would say the exact same things you guys are saying. I actually know the facts of the matter while you are just reciting the social memes everyone else believes. And i obviously have more education about western history than you guys, so your not gunna teach me any knew information.

Mangina is a word to describe men who are overly protective of women in a butt-kissing or shameless way. You guys are not any different from the males 60 or 100 years ago, you just express your over-protectivness in a different way. Back then they called it chivalry and expressed it by collectivly restricting womens independence, and removing them from the physical harm that was ever-present during that time. When the majority of women didn't want or need this anymore they rebelled against it and the paradigm shifted. Men have never oppressed women in the west, what you see in history is restriction not oppression. It was balanced out via protection and provision.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
I had a female friend say once; "feminists make women look more inferior than traditionalists do, because you guys make it seem like women were too stupid to do what they needed until the last 150 yrs of human history."

and thats fact
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
Your friend could have been

- wrong
- an eediot

She sounds like the latter to me. The other stuff has been addressed, repeatedly. You're welcome to your opinions though.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
pleep: Logicboy you are one of the top 3 dumbest people i have ever debated on nairaland. I aboslutely shattered every peice of shyt you wrote on this topic. To the extent that you were reduced to blabbering about my joystick size.

you are just a ugly nigerian boy who thinks he will impress dusty women by licking their a$$. Go and argue with old ladies in the religion section, you were completely outmatched on this one.

Sagamite has possessed you. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is uncanny! The delusion that you have made a logical argument, the douchebaggery, the arrogance- you must be Sagamite or cut from the same material
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:14am On Dec 30, 2012
pleep, did you draw that picture of that sad child with the hat? Or did you just find the picture somewhere? The drawing is very good.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 12:40am On Dec 30, 2012
haha no i just searched "Sad african boy" or "crying mangina" don't remember which one, and found the pic on google.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2012
Oh, I see. Well it's a good drawing. Might have to use it sometime.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Pleep vs. Feminists + Atheist(LogicBoy)...

Bwahahahahaha.. grin undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
fellis: So pleep is 19yrs old? Who'd have thought.
Pleep you still have a lot to learn and you are too young to be so close minded that you refer to people with contradicting views as dumbasses. Try to have an open mind and to see from other people's point of view.
Patriarchy does not balance out for both genders, it encourages oppression of women. Also researches have been carried out that showed that women are happier and function better when there is no gender discrimination against them.
Read more on the subject if you can. Peace
haha wrong again. If you can't understand that graph, the straight dotted lines are the average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEfxn912acE

http://www.freakonomics.com/2008/08/05/happiness-inequality-2-differences-between-groups/

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
Its funny how the gender "happyness gap" only becomes an issue when mens happyness increases a hair above womens for the first time in American history grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Its funny how the gender "happyness gap" only becomes an issue when mens happyness increases a hair above womens for the first time in human history grin

Not that I'm fully reading the link, but from what I can tell how does this help your case pleep-kun?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
^ I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't watch the video; am browsing on my phone.
@pleep, what the hell does your graph have to do with the topic?
And how can you boldly and shamelessly advocate the treatment of women like slaves? I don't understand you. That you are 19 years old does not justify your rëtarded way of thinking, I know people that are younger than you but way smarter and logical.
Do you have a mother or sister? Can you boldly tell them to their faces that they do not deserve freedom and they must be regarded as immature children all their lives?
Stop wasting my time with your meaningless posts and go fly a kite or something.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / 46th Coronation Anniversary Of Oba Adeyemi, The Alaafin Of Oyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.