Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters (17750 Views)

Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital / Governor Suntai Is Brain-damaged - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by damas60(m): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is considering its options in replacing Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State as it is becoming clearer he is unlikely to recover from his head injuries.

The governor, who was in a plane crash at the Yola International Airport in Adamawa two months ago, is currently in hospital in Hanover, Germany.
Several sources have told SaharaReporters that the party is working with the Presidency to find a suitable replacement for the governor.
According to one source, several party leaders including PDP chairman Bamanga Tukur, Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and Senate President

David Mark, have all visited the ailing governor and concluded that he could never recover from brain injury to run the state.
A separate delegation led by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, failed to set eyes on the governor during an attempted visit two weeks ago as he had been moved to the intensive care unit and on life support. He and his four companions could only leave a get well message with Mr. Suntai’s doctors.

SaharaReporters has also learned that last week, Mr. Suntai’s personal doctor visited Nigeria and confided in family members and friends that the governor is unlikely to recover from his head injuries anytime soon.

But as in the case of the late Nigerian president, Umaru Yar’Adua, members of Mr. Suntai’s family have pressurized state officials to engage in propaganda that the brain-damaged governor is “making dramatic” improvements and speaking by telephone to some people in the state. Party officials have contracted that, however, telling SaharaReporters that Suntai does not know the difference between day and night.

Last Saturday, the Taraba State Commissioner for Information, Emmanuel Bello, told SaharaReporters the governor wasn’t brain-damaged, but when SaharaReporters asked him to provide evidence, he only said the governor had spoken to a Senator.

Our source said none of the state officials have visited the governor in Germany since he was airlifted from Nigeria. Other members of his government who were hurt in the air crash have left hospitals in Germany and returned to Nigeria.

On October 4, three weeks before Governor Suntai’s plane crash, the Taraba House of Assembly impeached Deputy Governor Sani Abubakar Danladi following allegations of “gross misconduct" leveled against him by a judicial panel.

On October 5, Alhaji Garba Umar was sworn in as Deputy Governor after he signed an undertaking with the governor not to run as a candidate for governor in any elections.

On November 14, the House of Assembly, invoking Section 190(2) of the Nigerian Constitution, empowered Umar to act as governor.
With the party performing poorly in many states and at the centre, the PDP is anxious not to lose Taraba to other political parties.

A source at the presidency said the party has been mandated to make formal announcements after the holiday seasons regarding the status of Mr. Suntai.

Meanwhile the acting governor appears working fully as governor already by making internal changes and putting structures in place to run the state as the defacto governor.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pdp-writes-brain-damaged-governor-taraba-state-danbaba-suntai
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pdp meanss politicians deceiving people..so what do you expect of them other than deceit

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
DISADVANTAGE OF OWNING PRIVATE JET grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Chaoga: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
What goes around...comes back around
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by dilbert100: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
undecided
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by SisiKill1: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
While I am not a fan of PDP, they are only doing something any political party anywhere in the world would do in the same situation. So why use the phrase "write off"?

You write off a damage car, a damaged phone. . .write off useless things but you most certainly do not write off people no matter how sick they are.

SR is already doing a fine job bursting PDPs balls based on what the party does, there is no need to sink to this level. undecided

I like to read my news without a side of Propaganda, thank you very much!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by ochallo: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
coolkris: Pdp meanss politicians deceiving people..so what do you expect of them other than deceit

if it was ACN, or CPC, they would do the same thing, there is no difference in any of the parties, moreover, some politicians have been a part of all 3 parties.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by pomporiking: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
As always..sahara reporters na dem dey get all the news..bloody liars.. history has been made today am 6th to comment
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by alphaconde(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
With or without a governor taraba wouldn't make any difference except that confusion and thiefing stops

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by valdubem(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
heiyaa to the dying Governor,Shame to PDP, & Sorry to Taraba people!
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Ninilowo(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
MAA GBA LESINNI (lesson) L'ODO IKU

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
And the pilot warned him oh. .. He has a licence to fly, and over sabi dey worry am, typical with any Nigerian
No him don crash, brain damage . . ..
Na obituary remaaiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Animots grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by 50calibre(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
obadiah777: DISADVANTAGE OF OWNING PRIVATE JET grin grin grin

No disadvantage of owning a private jet and foolishly choosing to fly it yourself.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by drnoel: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
But what kind of report is this. Did the governor not have a deputy? How does this even concern us...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by ask4double(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
The life we live could be so "UNPREDICTIBLE" We never can tell what Tomorrow holds.... Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by caesaraba(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
It's not 'writing-off' jaree. They obviously have more info as regards the Governor's condition and are just doing what any other political party would do in a case such as this. Part of the deputy's job is to step in when/if the Governor becomes incapacitated, so I guess they are doing the right thing on this particular issue. I'm not a doctor but I believe say "brain damage" no be joke matter.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
Honestly I wonder what kind of prayers the deputy governor would be saying now,anyway if one man own no spoil anoda man own no go beta. Deputy governor abeg carry go grin
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by philips70(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
pompori king: As always..sahara reporters na dem dey get all the news..bloody liars.. history has been made today am 6th to comment

But your horrible eyeballs will never look away from their pages..Ignoramus. Bloody liar my ass, can you name one thing that is true with your life?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: While I am not a fan of PDP, they are only doing something any political party anywhere in the world would do in the same situation. So why use the phrase "write off"?

You write off a damage car, a damaged phone. . .write off useless things but you most certainly do not write off people no matter how sick they are.

SR is already doing a fine job bursting PDPs balls based on what the party does, there is no need to sink to this level. undecided

I like to read my news without a side of Propaganda, thank you very much!

The bold part I have to disagree with. Gabrielle Gifford, a U.S. Senator who was shot in the head in the Jan 8th, 2011 Arizona shooting was NEVER written off. In fact, they stayed her seat with the hopes she will recover shortly. When she finally recovered and was going through therapeutic sessions, she was advised by medical experts to give up her seat (less stress and more rest), which she did. It was only then that her state called for anther election and the Democratic party chose someone to replace her at the election. The election was held sometimes this year, almost more than a year after the incident. Though I cannot remember some details, but read up on it. They NEVER wrote her off, in fact, the whole senate stood by her until it was time

What PDP is doing is very callous, and the term write off is the highest of insensitivity...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by SisiKill1: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
Governor is the operative position here. . .GOVERNOR!
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by yohannazack(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
Whatever has been destined to happen, wil surely happen. I really pray Dr. Suntai recover no matter long so dat he can appreciate God fo his healin. Also, the way taraba state house of aseembly handled dis issue, im so impressed by their courage. If it were some states, it wuld hav been dramatic. Whether we like it or not, democracy is gradually encroachin. I pray de deputy wil be transparent and not to start lootin frm the state treasury.

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=obadiah777]DISADVANTAGE OF OWNING PRIVATE JET grin grin ;
Laughing at another persons's misfortune? angry
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Ivoo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
kai....kai......kai!!!
I dont believ this news at all.
Its an opposition sponsored news!
Suntai is well and ll suprise u pple.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Mospring(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
manny4life:

The bold part I have to disagree with. Gabrielle Gifford, a U.S. Senator who was shot in the head in the Jan 8th, 2011 Arizona shooting was NEVER written off. In fact, they stayed her seat with the hopes she will recover shortly. When she finally recovered and was going through therapeutic sessions, she was advised by medical experts to give up her seat (less stress and more rest), which she did. It was only then that her state called for anther election and the Democratic party chose someone to replace her at the election. The election was held sometimes this year, almost more than a year after the incident. Though I cannot remember some details, but read up on it. They NEVER wrote her off, in fact, the whole senate stood by her until it was time

What PDP is doing is very callous, and the term write off is the highest of insensitivity...
Any man alive deserves not to be written off in life @all no matter the situation; stalled indices should be adopted in stead of writing off!.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by sagytariusTM1: 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Several sources have told SaharaReporters that the party is working with the Presidency to find a suitable replacement for the governor.
Any need searching for replacement? Shouldn't that be the Deputy Governor new Role?

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by crisycent: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
For bad thing to happen, rain go fall. If the deputy governor wasn't impeached, he may have as well been with the governor on the same jet.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Humblesam(m): 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=manny4life]

What PDP is doing is very callous, and the term write off is the highest of insensitivity...[/quote

You are very right my Bro, but as you said it, the Senator was SHOT,not the Senator wanted 2 commit suicide. You see,some of our 'top' men are so so arrogant and irresponsible that you will want to hate them.
If person wen flight be him line advise am,him no go succumb,but for wheree...now make them go sit down de romance am til him well so dat nxt tym he go go buy flying boat go de ride for Atlantic ocean coz he get pple wen de romance am.
Na y God no de gree prosper sm pple,bcoz if he does.......this is one of the many ways they end up.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by NegroNtns(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
You all missed this part in the report.

A separate delegation led by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, failed to set eyes on the governor during an attempted visit two weeks ago as he had been moved to the intensive care unit and on life support. He and his four companions could only leave a get well message with Mr. Suntai’s doctors.SaharaReporters has also learned that last week, Mr. Suntai’s personal doctor visited Nigeria and confided in family members and friends that the governor is unlikely to recover from his head injuries anytime soon.

.....it would be nice to know how much this hospital is charging per hour that the governor remain in their custody.

Here is what I say, The Governor is already dead! Hospital knows the Nigerian Federal Givt will absorb the cost ultimately and the longer he is believed to be on life support the more they can earn.

Why would his status on life support debar official delegation or his own family from visiting his bed side?

These high ranking Nigerian officials were, again as is usual, bamboozled and hoodwinked by oyibo.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
All in a bid to stop the acting governor from being made governor. Dogs eating dogs

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by skyfall: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
PDP - the congregation of evil people.

Karma is a b1tch sha. LOL
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by Godjone(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
the fools championing this campaingn of calumni are thesame ppl that want a muslim govna. I remember the day the incident occur, som useless indiviaduals were jubilitating around the city wishing the govnor death. I stumbled on some of them and i over-heard them wispering to eachother that it is now high-time a muslim man steer the affair of taraba state. thesame crops of animals were equally responsible for Ibi violence. I av a word for them. Suntain wil return home and continue in his capacity as the governor. A muslim govna as far taraba was concerned wil neva be realizable and is imposicant.
Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by patanjaly: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
@godjone since when i found that 2 out of d 3 senators in taraba are muslim n jalingo the state capital is rule by a fulani muslim.i know is just the matter of time 4 muslim to become a governor.so start to live wit it that taraba now is a muslim state. Just go n protect plateau n benue from muslims.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine / Who Has Received The N5000 Stipend From FG?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.