Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan (739 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki / Nigerians Need The Right To Bear Arms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by Timcy01(m): 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has described the death of his younger brother, Chief Meni Jonathan as “particularly too painful to bear”.
Jonathan made the statement on Saturday at Meni’s funeral, held at St.Stephen’s Anglican Church, Otuoke inthe Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa.
Meni died on Nov. 20 at the National Hospital, Abuja.
“My younger brother, Meni lived a good life, his death is particularly toopainful to bear.”
Jonathan said that traditionally, it was expected that the younger onesshould bury the older ones.
“Meni is supposed to bury me and not for me to bury him but no matter the pain, with people comingto sympathise with me and my family, it gives us hope and courage,” Jonathan stated.
Jonathan said he had ordered that Meni be flown to Abuja after he noticed that the young man was looking frail when he visited home on a Friday, sometime last November.
“This was a young man I came homeon a Friday, he came to my house, nobody carried him, he moved downjust from his house across the road. We discussed, I noticed he was a bit frail so I told him to follow us to Abuja for a medical check up.”
The President said that Meni drove himself to Yenagoa, before boarding a chopper to Abuja.
Jonathan said he would particularly miss his younger brother as he “has been covering the home front for us.”
Govs. Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Martin Elechi of Ebonyi, Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta and Peter Obi of Anambra were at the funeral.
It was also attended by service chiefs and other top government functionaries and dignitaries. (NAN)
Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/my-brothers-death-too-painful-to-bear-says-jonathan/
Re: My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by killuminati(m): 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
So to lose loved one is painful to retardeens to? Wnoders shall no go end! undecided

#1st!
Re: My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by Abbott(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
Then resign.
Re: My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
All those are crocodile pain and sorrows.A man like him who heads a system that allows hundrends of children to die needlessly everyday in nigeria as result of gross irresponsibilities has no conscience.
Re: My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by Johndoe100(m): 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
We feel your pain. May he rest in peace.
Re: My Brother’s Death Too Painful To Bear, Says Jonathan by don33310(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2012
killuminati: So to lose loved one is painful to retardeens to? Wnoders shall no go end! undecided

#1st!
I wonder too, but the killing of innocent Nigerians by bokoharam is not painful, Badluck Jonaharam

(1) (Reply)

Which Of This People Are Common In Nigeria / ff / This Country Is In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.