Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki (43924 Views)

I Regret Ekweremadu’s Emergence – Saraki / Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / I Never Slapped My Deputy − El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Brytawon(m): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
The president of the Senate, Abubakar Bukola Saraki has described the emergence of Senator Ike Ekweremadu as the deputy Senate president of the 8th Senate as painful and regrettable, saying no true party member would want to share his position with a member of other parties.

Blaming the absence of some All Progressives Congress (APC) senators at the inauguration session on that fateful day for the election of Ekweremadu, he added that all through the period when he and his team were strategising for his election to the Senate president’s seat, not even for once did they anticipate that a Senator from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will emerge as his deputy.

Speaking with some Senate correspondents yesterday, Saraki said it is not true that he entered into any pact with the PDP to sacrifice the deputy Senate slot for PDP’s support. “Never in our wildest imagination did we envisage that some senators would not be present on the day of the inauguration.
“In my own view, and in the view of some of those who worked closely with me, I worked hard for my election, I had direct contact with every single senator, one on one. Weeks leading to the election I did not rely on anybody. I worked hard; both in our party, the APC and out of it.

bukola-saraki-and-ike-ekweremadu-senate“I approached every senator, I talked to them…we built confidence, not only in the APC, but, also, in the PDP. I talked to them. That was why I laugh when people said I had a deal with Ekweremadu or I had a hand in the emergence of Ekweremadu.
“I didn’t need any deal to win. I had penetrated…There was no deal; I didn’t need any deal in the first place. I had worked hard such that every body who was a senator, I campaigned hard and canvassed for their votes and won their confidence.

“At one of the meetings held at Transcorp Hilton which Senator Godswill Akpabio co-chaired with Senator Ibrahim Gobir and a few others, which had both APC and PDP members, at that meeting, if you heard most of them there, the position they took was that ‘this is the Senate president they want.’
Across party lines, they believed in me that this is the Senate president that can lead us. There was no deal.
“Sometimes, I wonder how some of our colleagues found themselves at the ICC. If it had been a case that the CNA (clerk of the National Assembly) had made an announcement that the event had been postponed or it was no longer holding, plus, the invitation, it would have been different. I’m sure some are asking now,what really happened,” Saraki said.

Speaking further, he said “First of all, the PDP senators had announced to the public that they were supporting me without even meeting me because in their own meeting, the majority had decided to vote for me. In their own interest, strategically, they decided that, look, this is a fait accompli because 30 of their own senators were going to vote for this man anyway and the remaining felt it was better to join.

It wasn’t until 2:00am that they called us to tell us their decision. With regards to the deputy, when they told us that they had a candidate, we, too, told them we had a candidate for deputy Senate president in the person of Senator Ali Ndume. After our own meeting, it was our thinking that it was after the election of the Senate president that the two groups in APC would meet and we would agree on a candidate. We never in our imagination thought they would not turn up. By the time we got there, we were only 24 while the PDP was more than 40. In an election, there’s no way they would not have defeated us and that was what happened. And now, when people say it was a deal, I say that if the CNA had started the procedure in the House of Representatives first, and moved to the Senate thereafter, today, we, the APC, would have had a deputy Senate president.

“It is unfortunate that we have a PDP man as deputy Senate President. It is painful. It is painful for any APC member because when we went through the struggle, that was not what we signed for. But it has happened; but it is unfortunate and it is not fair to put the blame on one side because it is a combination of errors and miscalculations that led us to have, it that morning; some senators at another place instead of being here. So, to suggest that it was out of a desperate act to emerge is what I reject completely and those who followed the events would know that I didn’t have that deal to emerge, ” he said.

The Senate president also disclosed that he never shunned the invitation of the party to a meeting on the inauguration day, contrary to reports.
He explained that he got wind of plans to abduct him and keep him away from the National Assembly premises so that he will not be able to stand for election so he made plans to sneak into the complex early and was not with his phones till later that day.
“First of all, as regards the meeting (at ICC), on the morning of the inauguration, I didn’t finish meeting until 4:00 of that day and I had got information that efforts would likely be made to make sure that I didn’t get access into the chambers.

“So, as early as 4:00am and 5:00am, I had made contingency plans that I must get into the National Assembly because the plan before was that senators-elect should go to the Transcorp Hilton Hotel around 8:00 am and 9:00am to proceed to the National Assembly.
“But I was advised that it would not be safe or secure for me to do that because some people made sure…if I didn’t get into the chambers, it would t be possible for me too be nominated, for the nomination to be seconded and for me to accept the nomination.

“I can tell you today that I was in the National Assembly Complex as early as 6:00 in the morning and I stayed in a car in the car park, from 6:00 in the morning till quarter to 10:00am. This is the truth. I stayed there and I was there with no communication whatsoever.
“So, anybody who said they spoke to me to go to ICC was not true because I didn’t even know what was going on. All I was monitoring was how people were arriving the complex.

“It was at quarter to 10:00 that I got information that the clerk to the National Assembly had entered the chamber. So, I got out of the small car I was inside, stretched myself and put on my Babariga because I didn’t have it on before then.
“I walked from the car park into the chambers…That was why some of you would have seen that I looked very tired on that morning,” Saraki said.

http://leadership.ng/news/443363/i-regret-ekweremadus-emergence-saraki

1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
Too bad... He can't do anything about it...

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
Saraki should be steadfast and calm.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
crying over spilt milk

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by RHP(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
Medicine after death

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by samueld0(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
To become a successful politician in my country Naija u must have distinction in the following subjects

Lies.
Pretending.
Heartlesness.
Trickiness.
Robbery
Kungfu

287 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Yhinkss(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Story for the gods

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Rilwayne001: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
angry Among the best traitors Nigeria has ever had, Saraki ranks at the very top, a massive obstacle in the path to equality and freedom.

Thunder ffire your mouth there. angry

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by eazisky(m): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
just as APC regret accepting u into their party only for u to change ur name to Judas Iscariot

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Unblockable: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Now both APC and PDP supporters would bash Saraki on this thread.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by franchizy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
The SE and SS never voted for APC and do not deserve any appointment in the buhari administration.
Ekwerenmadu should resign now or face our wrath

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by LouisVanGaal(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
This guy has been faking Sympathy or remorse since the outcome of tuesday...
'I gave up my presidential ambition for buhari'_Saraki
'I respect tinubu, i would meet him soon'_Saraki
And now this poop...
Meanwhile, he had the opportunity to obey his party directive on tuesday, he decided to flout it...
This man commands no RESPECT from his peers in secret...both from APC and PDP..
In the 7th NASS, David Mark was able to win the admiration and respect of his peers @ opposition...even though he was partizan, you would struggle to notice it..dats maturity!! Saraki is just an over spoilt kid in the body of an adult...this his tenure reminds me of Chuba Okadigbo's (RIP)...who had so many enemies, and ended prematurely..due to his rashness in handling issues..

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by blessnija: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
franchizy:
The SE and SS never voted for APC and do not deserve any appointment in the buhari administration.
God bless you.

Anyway saraki is just too over ambitious for my liking.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by kromoto: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Come to think of it sef, if not for Ekwerenmadu's PDP Pact with Saraki, he wouldn't had emerged senate president. So, saraki owe Ekwerenmadu.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by omowolewa: 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
I love it when people stand by their actions always.
Do you think all of the 160m Nigerians can't tell the difference between lies and reality? This is an insult on the sensibility of Nigerian.

Liar, Agbaya (Mene mene tekel upharsin in Daniel's voice)!

You sold your brothers to the slave traders because they shared their dreams with you. The drought and famine season is coming when you will need the brother.

Just say thank you Ekweremadu, don't let the man look like a fool. He isn't. We all know how to keep a piece of meat in the mouth and tell the world it got missing mistakingly!

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by chaloner(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
franchizy:
I hav noticed dat many commit suicide wen dey can't change some certain tins (eg : changin ekweremadu) so pls I wish u won't commit suicide

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by UncleJudax(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mercie97:
crying over spilt milk
If you think Saraki is being apologetic, you have got another think coming!

The whole write-up is quite comical, I must say. But then, this is Saraki.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
franchizy:
bla bla bla till 2019 he will be your deputy senate president if you don't like it you know what to do

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Maxymilliano(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Save the sermon Bro, we all know the politicking and politricking that went into the senate president shenanigans ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by VirginFinder: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
I blame the Lawan group's absence at the Senate inauguration for Ekweremadu's emergence.

Had David Mark been overambitious, he'd have emerged the Senate President that fateful morning.

Where are FreeGlobe, chukwudi44, winniz, deltagiant, chessboard, buddahmonk and the rest of the loudmouthed, deluded ibo crew who want to make Saraki 'Fulani' for having Ekweremadu as deputy?

For me, it's either Lawan/Gbaja or Saraki/Dogara.

Yorubas are ok with either of the scenarios.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Dahnify70(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nothing good comes easy

Saraki don't mind all those critics

They want to abduct you and you out smarted them
and they are shouting

You are a better politician than all of them put together

I see you going far

All those fighting you will come to beg for
committee chairman

14 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by san316(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
na you sabi ooo. judas has carrot.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by kheart(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
Na wetin man no go hear again. Although I suppot u but ur desperaiton is out of dis world. I don't like desperate pple

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by baby124: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin
san316:
na you sabi ooo. judas has carrot.
Saraki has realized he has bitten far more than he can chew and the consequences are completely damaging. He is a hated man, and nothing more than a despicable and predictable tool for the opposition

8 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by lomprico(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
franchizy:
U are a very stup¡d bigot that will die of hate very very soon.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by lilprinze: 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Look at the Judas Iscariot who betrayed his party and connived with PDP members to vote for him.

8 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Barselonia(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pele oooo....
Iranu....
Ija sese bere ni ooo

7 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by tinuolababy(f): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Saraki is scared. I can feel it

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ekwerenmadu as deputy senate president has come to stay and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Sai Ekwerenmadu, Sai Saraki

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Next comment please
Re: Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki by UltimatePals: 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / APC Names Elected Leaders / Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.